Read This

Well the shitty thing is that my name got posted on the front page as saying I was doing this, without any research at all, or any contact with me.

Yes, I was removed as an admin and staff member, and no, I still have not gotten an explanation, and no, I don't have FTP access to the site anymore (hence, Translation Next and some of our files are now gone, so there's your support for the Sega Translation scene).

As for gav doing it or not, I don't know if he did it either way, I've been gone most of today as my grandfather died this morning. But I really want to thank Mysticales for posting all this trash about me, especially after Iceman said for people not to flame other people, which is exactly what she was doing to me.

I also thank Karny for sticking up for me last night when I talked to him, it meant a lot and I consider him a real friend.

In all honesty skank, some of your posts towards other users were not that much better off than what people have said about you. You should go by the saying, an eye for an eye, cuz whatever you do will come back and bite you in the ass later.

On btw, this is not a flame, or a bitch out, its just my thoughts on the situation.

I mean just the way that you replied to people, made you come off as somewhat of a hardass, and that got people to well, not like you that much. probably didnt help with that kept in mind going into the current situation.

can't we all just get along. meelllllllllllooooooooowwwwwww. i mean life is filled with problems you shouldn't let little things bother you since those little things build up to big things that don't desserve the trouble.

Something doesn't add up here.

he just happens to have had the very same IP address as the guy who was the superadmin "BobDoe" with a post count of 99999 during the time of the hacking attempt.

This sounds very much like someone who wanted to get caught. It should have been almost trivial to use another connection to pull off the attack, but this would suggest that Gavionne (who's no idiot in my experience) went to the trouble to create a dummy account, but then attacked from his own IP address. As for DBOY getting Super Admin, what purpose could that serve other than drawing accusations toward him? Surely anyone with the knowledge necessary to attack the board (assuming there's not a prepackaged exploit tool floating around, in which case any idiot could probably do it) would have known that control of the boards wouldn't be permanent...

Originally posted by ExCyber@May 29 2002,14:43

This sounds very much like someone who wanted to get caught. It should have been almost trivial to use another connection to pull off the attack

Surely anyone with the knowledge necessary to attack the board (assuming there's not a prepackaged exploit tool floating around, in which case any idiot could probably do it) would have known that control of the boards wouldn't be permanent...

Which is probably the reason why this person picked the time they did, when few users and moderators were active.

They knew they'd get caught, and so tried to do as much damage as quickly as possible.

This is my guess anyway....

Figures that they pull it when i'm online. And when I'm having a conversation with someone. ah, well whomever it was they didnt like me or mal very much.

That's what I thought too, they had something against you guys, but apparently Mysticales too....

I think this whole situation is cr*p!

I mean, if you have to pull this hacking junk to get revenge for something that you just can't let go, than you are just a little jerk.
angry.gif

Cecilia was also added as a super admin, along with Chakan and Rev.

fact is, the person who did it had Gavionne's IP.. not just any IP, but an exact match compared to IRC at the time it happened.

also, it's not visible to normal users that the IPs are logged all the time. chances are he didn't think of it.

it looked more like a "having fun and causing trouble" attack. he didn't actually destroy the forums, only attacked a certain bunch of members and fucked up some forum descriptions as well as revealing the SX member and FTPA forum to the public.

had he planned to actually destroy the forum, he could've deleted the postings.

should i have not openly disclossed that you guys have the IPs of people that come on maybe i shouldn't have and maybe you shouldn't have either arakon (do to the fact that some people don't know that)

Don't worry about it jim, it's not that big of a secret that

Msg boards log your IP.

it's relatively easy to figure out they can see your IP when you hear terms like "IP ban".
smile.gif

I'm glad to hear that Iceman didn't ban me (I think). When I couldn't log in earlier and realized I had to contact that guy about hte pass-thru mod today or tomorrow I was heavily pissed. Losing forum access is one thing but losing achance to get a pass-thru mod? That's unforgiveable.

Everything but the messageboards are back to normal now.

Things are being worked out.

Look to the bright side, we have a backup if someone did delete the page
smile.gif

Googling around a bit shows only one exploit for this version of Ikonboard, so I guess that's what the culprit did. I'd bug the vendor for a fix, and in the meantime try to filter the exploit in the database.

Skank its hard to belive you werent involved..... (Too many facts to post) I changed the topic to take your name off it. IF and ONLY IF you had NOTHING to do with this all. Im sorry.

As for the admin and page, its just a random pass change. Always good to never keep the same pass and all.

Actually, I think you should shut up right now while you have the self-image of being ahead, if you want to start mud-slinging send me a message, you don't need to go around acting like an idiot throwing my name around when I had nothing to do with the events, and you have no proof that I did either, because if you did, it would be manufactured on your PC, not in reality.

I know it's hard to accept that you are wrong, and I had nothing to do with this, but you're just gonna have to swallow your pride and say 'oh, I'm wrong, sorry for basing you on the front page, I should've actually done some investigating before I started shooting off my mouth'

Remember what Ice said on the front page, this applies to you also.

Ok, everyone behave! For Christ SAKES! i'm getting sick of these childish games! if you cant talk civil, dont talk at all, if you wanna bash someone do it in the messenger, i'm getting very tired of reading this type of stuff

Back