remember that 1000$ ?

well i AM going to get a window case no one can stop me there, but do you think i'll need a tiny little chip fan? Oh also, google, do you mean combo desktop/server? NO this isn't going to be a server so i don't think i'll need that many watts..right? please someone tell me if i'm wrong.

no imeant combo as in case with power supply or case with out pawer supply

yea if i remember correctly 300 watts for a p4 is not enough

also i did mean a geforce 4 but there are diferent brands that make them nvidia makes the gpu other companies take the chip and make the boards

and dude if you want a cool looking computer get a 1000Mhz AMD overclock it to 2000Mhz and use a liquid cooler using antifreze coming from an electric water cooler now that looks like a monster

yeah you're right i was just looking it up and 350 is needed for p4. And i'm not gonna get all technical with the case just a simple case with windowed siding and neon lining. It'll look punk-ass... when i have the money i'll upgrade to bad-ass.

I planned on getting a case with 300 watt but i guess i can just take the power supply out and swap it in with a new 350, it'd be cheaper than buying a box with the 350 included. Oh also i have a question, if i buy a geforce 4, it will come with it's own fan right? but the audigy won't correct?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Aug. 06 2002, 9:52 pm

It'll look punk-ass...

That might very well be true, but are you completely sure that's what you want?

yes i am but back to the question at hand people!

Edit: 1221 same backwords as it is forwards yuk yuk yuk...
blush.gif

yes the graphics card should come with a fan the sound card wont (do you realy need a fan on that i dont think so its proccesing dosent get as intensive as a graphics card

which audigy are you getting sperdelux model or basic

out of the basic i think the mp3 one is the best one cause it comes with extra hardware on the card for mp3s and the game one just come with old games

haha, well i don't know. I just heard good things of audigy but i'm still looking at types but i know i'm getting a geforce 4 ti.

when your done would you mind posting a pic i wana see what your talking about with the neon lights

i wana see how dumb that looks - lol
biggrin.gif

Combining DDR SDRAM with a P4 isn't that uncommon, I was just suggesting that you might want to find out when DDR400 (which for now seems to mean SiS 648) boards start shipping and see if it would fit into your budget.

oh yeah i've heard of those... but i think 3 sticks of 256 ddr would be good don't you? or maybe 2 sticks of 500?

oh one more question. i slightly consused by ide and scsi. Basically scsi mother boards and compenets are more expensive and better quality than the ide systems right? I wouldn't be able to get an scsi dvd drive? or would i since aren't those independnt? I don't know help would be apreciated.

please? i want to buy this thing soon. my parents think it'll be "educational" so i can't wait to steal some eductaion of kazza.

Whatever real or perceived advantages there are with SCSI parts aren't worth the massively inflated prices. Just go with IDE.

aah ha ha ha dude thats so gay liberachi gay

no im kidding -- i thinik is dumb though just like i think is dum to put neon lightts under your car i dont even think it looks cool it looks to me like it belongs in a bad sci fi movie

man go ahaead if you wana do that but youd probably laugh at a pc id like to make wich looks like its been melted (i dont have a link for you) you stick all the parts into foam and it hardens you have to make sure theres a way for air to circulate though i though that looks cool look slike a melted pc or pc in a pile of crap or the overclocked monster with liquid cooling but all that serves a purpose the neon dosent

i think your confused about nvida nvida makes the gpu others make the cards therfore there are many brands of a geforce 4 ti card if nvida makes one it wont be as good as the others - i read that some where like not to go for intel MB either just go for an intel cpu on another board

id go with ide - interms of speed i dont hink you notice a diference scsi has a more reliable comunication scheme (youd make less coasters burning at the highest speed )

also you can have ide and still use scsi and vice versa youd just need to ad a pci card but interms of cost i think ide is a better value

ok. what do you thiknk the best card is? I want to get that new radeon 9700 when it comes out but it'll be too much.

Back