Sad But True

Back in the heyday of the SegaCD, you could call up Sega Of America and request hints for specific games. If you fumbled thru the buttons long enough, you could get a live operator. Being all of 13, I asked how they new all the cheats/hints/etc .... SOA provided them with a "cheat sheet " for almost every game on the SegaCD. Of course I asked for one, and WHAM, got sent a large US mail package w/ cheats for almost every game! I tossed 'em out years ago, and sad that I did ...

Anyone ever use this ?

Sorry, it's late, and I'm thinking about the good times ( you know; living at home, friday night Night Trap games w/ the newest copy of EGM ) I miss those days ...

wink.gif

I called sega up once also, due to problems I was having with Landstalker. They were nice enough to send me the Landstalker cheat sheet, but no other games. I only wish.

now we have GameFaqs
smile.gif

gotta love the net.

I do remember those days though -- I never used them personally, however

hehe, yeah i was a dork, i called and listened to the operator girl talk about the latest rpgs on the genesis... what bliss. I also called the nintendo one alot

my fingers know 1800usasega... but not the nintendo one anymore

Back in the SMS days I called up segas toll number for hints on games ALOT. I was a kid at the time so I didnt know they were charging for it. When my dad got the phone bill in he got REALLY mad. It was about $400!!!!

I didnt call that number any more after that.

I use to have stacks of SMS guides from them. One time, I actually fell asleep while sitting on hold. It took forever to get through... and when you finally did, man was it a LOONG hold. Its the only none personal phone number I ever memorized (not too difficult 1800USASEGA).

ah yes, gamefaqs, where would we all be without gamefaqs... hmm . Makes me laugh though whenever I goto buy a new game, (especially at EB) they are always hawking those damn game guides, and I think to myself..Why on God's green earth would I piss away 15 or so bucks for a mag when there is game faqs.. shit.. hahaha sorry rant over.

:)
cool.gif
blush.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Originally posted by stack99@Jul 15, 2003 @ 03:09 PM

ah yes, gamefaqs, where would we all be without gamefaqs... hmm . Makes me laugh though whenever I goto buy a new game, (especially at EB) they are always hawking those damn game guides, and I think to myself..Why on God's green earth would I piss away 15 or so bucks for a mag when there is game faqs.. shit.. hahaha sorry rant over.

:)
cool.gif
blush.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

sometimes maps that actually look like maps are nice.

Plus having something printed out in actual color and everything is enjoyable.

However most stuff in those guides can be found online somewhere.

I personally never spend more than $3 on a guide (used).

It makes me laugh though to that certain games "need" guides

Have you every bought guides on clearence at best buy! They are only 1 cent! I got 14 guides for mostley games i don't even have. Thats only 3 nickels i spent!

I called a sega line for help several times... I think maybe i got the number out of a sega visions magazine.. Anyways like ice i didnt realize there where charges until the phone bill came!

Back