Saturn Coding Contest 2007: looking for prizes

RockinB

Established Member
Hello everyone,

the C4 - 2007 Saturn Coding Contest is just about to start next week.

My intention has always been to improve the contest year by year. A couple of things will be different in order to make this third contest held by www.rockin-b.de better than all other C4 before.

As you might have noticed, it starts 4 months later than last year. This shorter duration will prevent developers to become demotivated.

The judging system will be points based, giving each entry an absolute number representing it's rated quality. The information how much an entry is better or worse than another entry is no longer hidden.

A couple of extra points will encourage the contestants to add some advanced features and to raise the overall quality of the entries even more.

Furthermore, every contestant gets an Saturn USB DataLink device for free. This the THE method for exchanging save games between Saturn and PC and for downloading and executing homebrew binaries of Saturn games.

USB_DataLink_Package.JPG

Apart from that, it's intended to honour the first, second and third placed entries with some nice prices. These can be money donations (via paypal, also needed for shipping costs), non-mediocre videogame items from your collection, as well as videogame webshop coupons.

Your help is very much appreciated, if you want to support the Saturn homebrew community by donating a prize for the C4-2007 Saturn Coding Contest, don't hesitate to contact me via PM or email C4@rockin-b.de.

That's always nice to see a new saturn dev contest, I hope we will be again more this year.

I can give again some money that could be used this time to get some games.

vbt said:
That's always nice to see a new saturn dev contest, I hope we will be again more this year.

I can give again some money that could be used this time to get some games.

Hi vbt. I've already received a nice money donation from you. It came totally unexpection, a real surprise. Thanks a lot for that.

Thanks for the additional offer, but I'd rather like you to participate as a contestant, which is more than enough support one could wish.

Edge-` said:
Great news! I'm in this year.

Hello Edge, do you mean to make an entry or to donate a prize? Either way, I'd appreciate your support very much.

BTW: the contest starts now!

Prizes worth 850,- Euro in total are waiting for you!

http://www.rockin-b.de/c4/2007/index.html

RockinB said:
Hello Edge, do you mean to make an entry or to donate a prize? Either way, I'd appreciate your support very much.

Hopefully both, at the least I might have some prizes to donate in the case I get quite busy in life again, I'll PM you later m8. ^_^

Today, I've received a donation of 5 games plus a hint book from my pal Arnold (we both are working on Police Officer Smith for quite a while).

All 5 games are for SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive:

Street Fighter II

Eternal Champions

Light Crusader

Landstalker (german version?)

Comix Zone

Thanks a lot, Arnold. I will put them on the website, soon.

Edge-` said:
Hopefully both, at the least I might have some prizes to donate in the case I get quite busy in life again, I'll PM you later m8. ^_^

Amon said:
I have some prizes to donate and or money.

Hello Edge and Amon,

have you found something you would like to donate as a prize for the contest?

To the coders and contestants: the contest is rather short this time, please keep that in mind and start your project very soon! The deadline is 20th december, only little over 2 Months to go.

Back