Sega saturn

Lets start with me....I bought one why? Well at THAT time Lunar was gonna be SATURN!!!!! Sooooo I bought that! Then what happended? News came out it changed to PSX!!! ARGGGGG I was like my saturn is now POS! Nights was good but other then that nothing much.....

Whats your reasons?

OH yea forgot about this. Only old school people would rem this part....Rem how Lunar was ALSWAYS to come out, Yet it was delayed delayed then more delayed? I mean I waited and hoped SOOOOO long...Then one day BOOM they cancel Saturn and annonce PSX will have Lunar...LIKE ARGH!!!

Street Fighter Alpha 2, loved it in the arcades, then saw it for the Saturn. Thank God it's better than the PSX version.
heart.gif

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 08 2002,00:03

Lets start with me....I bought one why? Well at THAT time Lunar was gonna be SATURN!!!!! Sooooo I bought that! Then what happended? News came out it changed to PSX!!! ARGGGGG I was like my saturn is now POS! Nights was good but other then that nothing much.....

Whats your reasons?

OH yea forgot about this. Only old school people would rem this part....Rem how Lunar was ALSWAYS to come out, Yet it was delayed delayed then more delayed? I mean I waited and hoped SOOOOO long...Then one day BOOM they cancel Saturn and annonce PSX will have Lunar...LIKE ARGH!!!

IIRC noone ever announced Lunar for the Saturn, in the US at least.

I bought mine for games.

I bought mine because it was 20 dollars cheaper then psx, and it came with two games(where i bought it), Mysteria, and Alone in the Dark 2, which at the time was scary, because it seemed so real.

edit: but then again, Friday the 13th for the NES, still is a scary game to me.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+May 07 2002,16:38--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ May 07 2002,16:38)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mysticales@May 08 2002,00:03

Whats your reasons?

IIRC noone ever announced Lunar for the Saturn, in the US at least.

I bought mine for games.[/b][/quote]

Yea they did. Was annonced in every big game magazine and stores like EB. I would know I BOUGHT the system for it
sad.gif
Stupid Working Designs for making me wait LONGER back then.....geez Made up for that tho when I got to meet the studio alex staff for my first time hehehe =)

Hehe... Why did I get a Saturn? Well, I picked one up as a sort of early Christmas gift to myself in Oct or Nov last year... a friend of mine kept telling me about this weird, unusual game called Nights Into Dreams...and eventually she'd send me screenshots via email and at first all I saw was lots of colors
smile.gif
I couldn't make much sense then of what was supposed to be going on in this game... but sure enough she had me fired up so I wanted to get a Saturn w/ Nights...

That was a half year ago... since then, I've gone from *not* knowing the diff. between a round-button and an oval-button Saturn to having installed a region switch AND a mod chip, bought tons of rare US/import games, resold some, picked up a backup RAM cart and a steering wheel, learned all the going prices for popular games on eBay, learned about VERY rare and almost unknown, yet wonderful Saturn games (Ninja Jajamaru, Funky Head Boxers, etc.)... to finally have become a master in CD ripping, burning and fixing up ISOs/MP3s... Indeed, I'm considering creating some new how-to guides, I think I found a NIFTY way to rip originals with CloneCD into a *raw* bin/cue and BINchunking that bin/cue into *cooked* ISO/MP3 tracks complete with cue sheets that don't need pregaps...

But I digress. Let me just add that I fell head over heels in love with NiGHTS, and the Saturn itself.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

NiGhts was VERY great....little do MOST know about me. Other then the name "Mystic" My FIRST SN was NiGhtsToZz

Mysticales came later.....(Diablo 1 days) I was surprised to see how well I could make Aptiva fly!!! Thats skill there to REALLY score it up and fly.

I picked up my Saturn about a year ago to round out my the Sega section of my collection of consoles and games. What can I say.....I fell in love with it and am working on getting all us releases, originals, not copies. Then all other region releases. It's one of only three consoles I have out and use all the time and is not in storage, along with my dreamcast and 3DO. Still looking for the prices on neogeo cd units to drop a little more to add it to my collection. Love the Saturn though.

I remember getting a Sega Visions magazine in the mail shortly after I purchased my 32X, It was a all black glossy cover with the Saturn logo on it. I read about this new system and decided it looked really cool, but looking at the "release" titles, It really lacked anything to make me want to pick it up right away, especially so soon after I bought a 32X.

But then I picked up another magazine while grocery shopping (Game Players or something) and I read about Sonic Xtreme, Eternal Champions 3, and the UMK3 port (I was a big UMK3 arcade player).
biggrin.gif
This was the fuel I needed to make me want the system!

So after shelling out 348.99 I bought my VF+VFRemix system, then I waited for UMK3, Sonic Xtreme and EC.

Alot of fine titles were released (and alot of junk too) and for a while I bought alot of games for it.

But when Eternal Champions & Sonic Xtreme were canned (without a decent sonic title to replace it), I was disappionted to say the least.

I stopped paying too much attention to it, and focused more on finding used Genny/CD games instead.

I got my Saturn about 3 months ago, because one BDay, I asked for a Saturn and what did my mum come home with fter pressure from game retailer staff? A bloomin PSX!
sad.gif
I've only ever used that console for the Smackdown series, and the ISS Pro series as I never really got into other games on it....

The Saturn on the other hand.... Virtua Fighter series, NiGHTS, Sonic Jam (PAL version of which was faster that the then Mega Drive conversions)... every Sega game coming out seemed to be a classic, where to get a PS1 classic, you had to dig through a pile of pants just to get the good games.....

I sold my ps after realizing it was a horrible purchase to get a saturn. I had borrowed a friends saturn some years earlier and rented dragon force for it. I got the system for this one game only, i acquired other great hits along the way (NiGHTS, Fighters megamix, albert oddessey etc.) and ebded up buying DF off funcoland for around $75CN.. the bastards didnt even give me the box or instructions.. only the game.. ahh well, im still glad i sold that burden of a playstation

I bought my saturn because I wanted Sega games. It was 1995 shortly after its release (it was released in April in that surprise E3 release and I bought it in August) and i shelled out $432 ($399+sales tax). I was very happy with the purchase since I had (and always will be) a Sega fan since the Master System days for consoles (actually before that since I have always liked the old early 80s arcade games).

I bought my Saturn inadvertantly. My PSX was almost dead and I could not afford to buy a new one. So I took a trip to the not so friendly neighborhood Funcoland to trade it. Crossed my fingers hoping it would run long enough. To my surprise, it did. I only had enough to buy a Saturn. This was after the N64 was out and the US Saturn market was almost finished.

I had always liked Sega, I just never had the money to buy one. Wow, what a good trade. I remember spending hours playing games like Dragon Force, Albert Odyssee, and MKRE just to name a few. Unfortunatly, I had to sell my entire videogame library to pay tuition one quarter. I liqudated everything for cheap. I sold Dragon Force for $10 or 15. What a mistake.

Just recently while managing a Software Etc. I bought one off a kid. It's what I have been playing since. Unfortunatly I cann't afford to buy all of those grand games again.

Blazing Heroes (Or that other name)

That game kept me playing for QUITE some time....Alberts Odessy was great too!!! Shining Wisdom as well.

I bought it for the Sega arcade game ports. Ah.... No more pumping quarter after quarter (I usually pumped about $3 - $5 worth of quarters) into VF2 at the arcade.

Back