Short stories... Fanfction... Terrorism?

That is fairly ridiculous. I'm sure that kid has the opportunity to create a shitstorm out of this if he's so inclined. How can it be considered a threat if it's in his private journal? Scary.

The article is pretty poorly written, though, so who knows what the real story is? Maybe there was some other threat involved, or something.

Anyway, Cloud, where do you get 'fan fiction' out of this? Sounds like he was just writing a short story, not fan fiction per se.

On Thursday, a judge raised Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars after prosecutors requested it, citing the seriousness of the charge.

I can't quite wrap my head around the mindset that would produce this kind of argument.

I guess he must have discovered a method of making his class mates into zombies. 😱mg:

Hey, it said the seriousness of the charge... the seriousness of the case itself has nothing to do with it.

Shit, nothing is gonna come of it I bet.

I remember in 99' this kid had written up plans to blow up our school, made the bombs, even had a hit list put together of kids he was to kill specifically. He was thrown into the detention center in which my friend was at. My friend was waiting to be transferred down to the real jail he was going to spend the next 3 years of his life at.

My friend told me that the kid was there just a week and then released.

My other friend Brian almost got arrested for it. It turned out that the kid planning the bombing had researched on the internet how to build the pipe bombs on my buddies computer. HEH!

But yeah, the kid was released after a week, sent back home. He only had to go to a different school. The crazy thing is that this kid should of been locked up for it. Fucker was all serious about it. The only reason he was stopped was because his neighbors ratted him out. They saw what he was working on, and also found the list of kids he wanted to kill. The list was copied and posted all over the school. I remember a friend of mine (He was a "jock", I happend to be the freaky kid who was friends with everyone) was number one on the list and approached the kid to kick the shit out of em'. Thats when the school intervened and figured out what was all going on.

Anyway, Cloud, where do you get 'fan fiction' out of this? Sounds like he was just writing a short story, not fan fiction per se.

It's an example.

I mean, you could write a fanfic or something, then people could see it as terrorism, as they did in that article.

Bascially, the thread title is short for "Since when did short stories and fanfiction become acts of terrorism?"

I remember in 99' this kid had written up plans to blow up our school, made the bombs, even had a hit list put together of kids he was to kill specifically. He was thrown into the detention center in which my friend was at. My friend was waiting to be transferred down to the real jail he was going to spend the next 3 years of his life at.

True, but remember that '99 and '05 are quite different in the eyes of the government. (I don't necessarily agree, but..)

I was just going to point that out. In '99 I never imaginied people would be held in prison; denied a lawyer, denied a trial, denied access to their family, denied the basic liberites we all take for granted. But today, not only is it possible, it happens all over the country.

Back