s'more Sony news....

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by BJammzz@Nov 5, 2003 @ 08:06 PM

I, for one, am not a fan of inferior ports of 10 year old classics...

me neither, but if u haven't noticed that's the trend in our society. Oldschool stuff...so many kids are walkin around in TMNT gear and the such. It's liek the 80's are gunna come back for a brief second....just some of the pop stuff. Doubt those hairdo's/cloths will come back. but ya, everything retro is "cool" now. SO they make remakes of oldschool games...and people buy them, so they continue to make em.

Well that's not fair, I've been wearing eighties stuff for a good 2 years now because I liked it but you're right it just seems to be catching on now.

s'more Sony news....

The gameboy player is pretty nice accuracy wise (especially the sound is good), but they could have added a couple more screenmodes IMHO. Still, it's a hell of a lot better than straining your neck and eyes trying to play on a real gameboy. I don't really have much use for the portability of the GB; I just got the player because the GBA has a lot of good games.

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by Shakey Jake33@Nov 5, 2003 @ 12:03 PM

Urgh... looks too small and wafer-thin...

mmm... wafer... *realizes he's chewing on his new PSP*

Man, I gotta stop doing that... oh well at least it keeps me from chewing up my pens.

s'more Sony news....

Anyway, Nintendo IS now losing money on each GC. Before the price drop, they were basically breaking even. Personally, I'd prefer to play NEW games on the current systems than remakes of games I could just as easily play on my NES, SNES, etc.

As for the size of the PSP, keep in mind that there really isn't anything in that image to compare its size to. And trust me, Sony will make the thing damn comfortable to use. They did a good job with the DualShock controllers so this will be alright too. Certainly better then the crap block the GBA SP is.

s'more Sony news....

My understanding was that manufacturer's don't expect to see a profit on console sales anyway, it's the games that make the money (hence the hefty prices).

As for the PSP, I'm loving the idea of the reset button being right below the D-pad. Sensible. And isn't there supposed to be an analog stick? Unless it's in the middle of the D-pad and pops out when you press it (similar to the Ipaq stylus)..

s'more Sony news....

The gamecube is the best next gen system out right now, if you bash it for being 'kiddy' its cuz ur a lame xbox pir8 leetster who thinks ur da mad shit cuz u can hax da gibson and run games off ur hdd like every other 8 yr old on earth.

s'more Sony news....

Riiight. Well at least Jurai is predictable in his comments.

As Gameboy said, the GBA SP is kinda sucky in design. I thought they'd finally caught on with the original GBA, and then they go and make that thing. If I eventually buy a GBA, it'd have to be the original + afterburner. I hate the buttons and layout on the PSP, but I know its just a prototype. It will improve in design, of course. I'd prefer they did not use a PS-style dpad, but that'd be better than what appears to be really thin buttons. I'd be happy with a good 8-way solid piece dpad. I wonder if they'll find room to put an analog on it? Anyone hear any rumors about its specs yet?

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov 5, 2003 @ 08:00 PM

I don't know about you but I dont move my consoles much so the xbox's size doesn't bug me. I mean maybe for someone in a japanese apartment or something yeah, but in an american home I dont see it as an issue.

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen/read in my life.

s'more Sony news....

i was kinda thinking the same thing, but didn't feel like saying it :D

I don't switch my consoles around at all, but "size does matter" to me.

** hugs Dreamcast **

s'more Sony news....

Me neither. I got all 10 of mine connected to the same TV (about 5 feet from my Mac). The only thing I need to change, is the A/V Cables whenever I wanna play a different system. Saturn is plugged in the back of the VCR, so I never take those out. Just the front A/V Jacks I use for me other Nine.

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by Cloud121+Nov 6, 2003 @ 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Nov 6, 2003 @ 04:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Nov 5, 2003 @ 08:00 PM

I don't know about you but I dont move my consoles much so the xbox's size doesn't bug me. I mean maybe for someone in a japanese apartment or something yeah, but in an american home I dont see it as an issue.

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen/read in my life. [/b][/quote]

I agree completely... ¬¬

s'more Sony news....

The gamecube is the best next gen system out right now, if you bash it for being 'kiddy' its cuz ur a lame xbox pir8 leetster who thinks ur da mad shit cuz u can hax da gibson and run games off ur hdd like every other 8 yr old on earth.

'hax da gibson' LOL... I love using that reference almost as much as I love escaping from the phedz on my rollerblades...

s'more Sony news....

Spin spin and more spin...

Yes, Nintendo did post their first loss ever, but so did a lot of other Japanese companies, it was a blip in the stock market. The exchange rate between yen and the dollar went way down. You can't blame the Big N, or the thousands of other companies affected by this, for bad exchange rates.

The GC only cost about $99 to manufacture, so while Nintendo will post a loss selling the Cube at only $99 it is a minimal amount that would be made up easily by the purchase of software. Nintendo designed the GC around the idea that it would be cheap, powerful, and run cool inside it's small shell.

And I do not see Nintendo bowing out of the hardware market anytime soon, right now the sales of the GC and the GBA are absolutely phenominal(both are outselling the PS2 and Xbox). And if selling more units than your competitors, and at a smaller loss means your going to go out of business then I can't imagine why Sony is still in business.

Sorry for the rant, just tired of all the horribly sub-jective talk coming from fanboys.

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 5, 2003 @ 08:04 PM

Wow. Way to not generalize there... and not be a fanboy too <_<

Funny how you compare 8 yr olds with xbox, they would more likely fall into another console's demographic....perhaps one that is purple? :lol:

I got nothing against gc, in fact I'm getting one soon... its just moronic fanboys like you that piss me off. No offense or anything.

---Ammut

s'more Sony news....

I'm still trying to figure out what BigN's fetish with purple is.

I think it would have sold better if the black and silver models were the ones they pushed (maybe even a white one?)

s'more Sony news....

Nah, I like the [color=8c4ad6]indigo[/color] of the GameCube. :)

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by Jurai+Nov 6, 2003 @ 02:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Nov 6, 2003 @ 02:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The gamecube is the best next gen system out right now, if you bash it for being 'kiddy' its cuz ur a lame xbox pir8 leetster who thinks ur da mad shit cuz u can hax da gibson and run games off ur hdd like every other 8 yr old on earth.[/b]

Hahaha :D :D

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Nov 7, 2003 @ 12:21 AM

Nah, I like the indigo of the GameCube. :)[/quote] I like the colour. Purple is sleek, goes well with black, and also with silver. Just don't put it with orange, that's all :banana

s'more Sony news....

ya...I dont care for the purple...but some people do. I think nintendo finally figured out people like black consoles better.....I for one wanna see a white one, with white controllers, etc. that'd be pimp-shizzle off the hizzle, fo rizzle!

s'more Sony news....

I would have liked it if they had released the orange one here in the states, but then again I'm a freak when it comes to orange.

Back