s'more Sony news....

s'more Sony news....

Wow....first psp concept shot revealed by sony. I know not everyone here is a Sony fan but I gotta say this thing looks sliiiiick.

Catch IGN's story here

Among the features listed, these stand out the most:

-The unit's widescreen LCD screen (480x272, that's the coveted 16:9 ratio we all love) will be backlit.

-Universal Media Device with a capacity of 1.8GB, half the size of a cd

-Also, a secure ROM cartridge for anti-piracy efforts

I hope to see some high quality SEGA games on this puppy...

pspmodel1_in.jpg

---Ammut

s'more Sony news....

wow -- it does look nice.

also looks easy to break

I don't vote to put this on the news page though -- not really Sega related -- more General section

s'more Sony news....

Yeah, we don't want the natives getting restless again. :sarcasm:

s'more Sony news....

Like me! :lol: :cool: :D :p :cheers :smokin: :thumbs-up: :hehehe:

All I gotta say about that design is this....

Uh...... :eek:mg:

s'more Sony news....

I'm wondering how the library of games for this console will look. I wonder what Sony will put in to fill the gap that their Madden/ ESPN sports games usually take up. And I also can't imagine a FPS on a handheld - but Sony may aswell resort to making these :(

s'more Sony news....

Certainly looks like it. I sure has hell wouldn't mind "accidentally" stepping on someone's.

*Walks around and hears a loud CRUNCH!*

Person: Hey Dylan! You stepped on my keys!

*Looks down at keys, notices the PoSP sitting there, cracked and broken*

Myself: Sorry, about that. Wait a second? Isn't that the new $ony PoSP? In that case, I did you a huge favor.

*Walks off laughing evily*

:smokin: :thumbs-up: :cheers

s'more Sony news....

I think Sony is handling this much better than the ps2...well its looks more promising to me anyway. Main thing: widescreen. What was nokia thinking when they went with vertical screen? LCD should be pretty good, Sony is good in the electonics department for screens. And a secure rom cartridge... I always thought something along the likes of this should be included with cd oriented systems. Better piracy prevention=more profit.

---Ammut

s'more Sony news....

But we don't want $ony to make a profit do we? Well, I don't at least. I want Nintendo back on top dammit! I got into a conversation with some kids at school today. They were bashing the 'Cube. Saying it was a kiddie console. I was like "It's all about the gameplay," Someone bashed Billy Hatcher, and the REALLY got me going. You DO NOT BASH A SONIC TEAM GAME! Someone said Madden kicked ass, and I said "Madden blows," Everyone was shocked that I dissed Madden. I've played 2001, 2002, and 2003 versions... ALL THE SAME GAME! BORING! They were like "Dylan, do you have a comment for everything?" "Yeah," :D

s'more Sony news....

Hopefully, it's software library isn't craptacular like the GBA's...

Yeah, we don't want the natives getting restless again. :sarcasm:

mal hits the hammer on the head again. :thumbs-up:

s'more Sony news....

Originally posted by cww80@Nov 5, 2003 @ 04:24 AM

Hopefully, it's software library isn't craptacular like the GBA's...

:blink: I'm happy with the game library

sure it has it's duds like all systems -- especially portables.

I've yet to see a handheld with as good as a library.

I've had bad experiences with Sony products, but I'm curious to see how this turns out

s'more Sony news....

Right now I'm wondering where exactly in Cloud21's incoherent rambling did he actually make a point? I'll agree ESPN walks all over madden in terms of quality, but fanboy talk doesn't prove a point, it just makes you look foolish. And even though Billy Hatcher is a good game it's riddled with bugs and camera problems, gotta love those harsh deadlines eh?

anyways, back on topic...

Looks pretty damn sweet if you ask me, even though the GBA has quite a head start I think Sony might just give them some good competition, and competition always leads to better things for us, the gamer/consumer.

s'more Sony news....

Well, anything that gives the GBA *real* competition can't be too bad. I mean, it'd put a stop to Nintendo charging tons of money for their mighty 16Mhz handheld. But jeez, from the looks of the d-pad and buttons, I'm going to hate the controls. Please tell me those just LOOK like they're crappy buttons. Maybe I can rip buttons and d-pad off a saturn controller and jam them onto it...

s'more Sony news....

Yeah, the buttons do look like they might be a bit weird on the hands, but this is just a concept model, I'm sure Sony will go through quite a bit of internal testing before they settle on a final design. Any of you guys remember some of the DC prototypes?

And wouldn't we all love Nintendo to rule the gaming industry again?? I mean c'mon don't we all need a little price gouging? I know I could go for some blackmailing of retailers...couldn't you? Do you ever wonder why you never saw a Master System for sale at Wal-Mart???

s'more Sony news....

Yeah, the flat buttons look kind of weird. Gotta love that cut n paste 'LCD screen' though.

s'more Sony news....

I'm starting to think that Cloud has become the anti-fanboy. :devil

s'more Sony news....

Urgh... looks too small and wafer-thin...

I always said I'd buy one, but I really hope they change the design a tad.... compared to the GBA, it looks quite nasty to hold...

It does look nice, I just can't imagine it feels nice to hold...

Back