Soul Calibur 2

stack99

Established Member
It is sooo nice to see that the sequel to one of the prettiest fighters on the dc, comming back for round 2. So I pose this question who will be buying this, and for what system, and why?? Is Link your hero so your gonna get the GC version, is Spawn your homeboy, so you get the xbox ver, or if heimeiachi floats your boat, then set sail with the ps2 ver.

ps. sorry if I spelled heimeiachi wrong...lol

unsure.gif

I'll probably get it. When I got my GC last week it came with a demo for soul calibur 2 and I was really impressed with what I had played.

I'd get it I had a GC -- but it might be a while

I played the demo at Funco and I've played it in the arcades -- both seem very nice, but the GC controls are hard to get use to after playing the original on the DC

I'll be getting the GC version.. Was tempted to splash £90 down my local import place for the game and the Hori stick. Not a bad deal, but a lot of cash for one game (until there's other fighters on GC for the stick).

I wouldn't have thought the GC controller would seem that different to the DC one (it's only three buttons after all), the PS2 D-pad would definately feel weird to play it with though.

yeah ICE I got the same demo,,, it is toooo nice... I mean although it sadens me to see it and think back how on the dc , it was just as nice and that system, such a good one, fell to an early (too early) demise. But I will love to see how shitty its gonna be on the ps2...woooooo hoooooooooooo :cheers

ooooooooooooooooooooh helllll yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

I got the JAP release....it's very good for a fighter, but i don't see anything too new to make it really stand out from the original.

I don't think they're going to be new as such.. I remember reading it was gonna be Rock and Hwang, possibly Lizardman but that was a few weeks ago, they might've announced something since.

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Jul 10, 2003 @ 09:41 PM

I got the JAP release....it's very good for a fighter, but i don't see anything too new to make it really stand out from the original.

then u obviously know nothing. this game is awesome, and im one of the ppl who master fighters, definatel a big improvement over the original.

Originally posted by klakalou+Jul 11, 2003 @ 12:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klakalou @ Jul 11, 2003 @ 12:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zziggy00@Jul 10, 2003 @ 09:41 PM

then u obviously know nothing. this game is awesome, and im one of the ppl who master fighters, definatel a big improvement over the original. [/b][/quote]

I'm just curious, how is it better?

I only played it about 3 or 4 times

I will most likely pick it up for xbox once its hit the bargain bins. Its a good game, granted, but I played it in arcades and didn't find it to be the leap ahead that its predecessor was. I didn't find much had improved at all over the original really... not that the game still isn't great and addicting though. And the "new characters" are going to be ones from SC1 if I recall correctly.

And I'm with Crystalmethod on the whole bummed out cause its not on dc
sad.gif
If the damn game is multiplatform include the damn dreamcast in on this one at least
cool.gif

---Ammut

this is my one reason for getting a console. nightmare is just the awesomest :flamethrower: heh. hmm xbox hmm xbox need higher paying job makin 25 bucks an hour just ain't what its cracked up to be.
sad.gif

all this talk got me playing the original a bit more

its amazing to think it was a launch title for the DC. Such and awesome game!

same here after I played the demo for the gc I started playing the original, man what a fuckin awesome game, it kills me to see a quality game like this knowing this system died prematurely... damn sega.. damn

Back