The First Annual SX Get Together!

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 26, 2004 @ 05:04 PM

I hope you don't base your opinion on the US based on a trip to LAX :D

No, but I base my opinion of Los Angeles Airport on my trip to LAX. ;)

Originally posted by Shitface@Jun 27, 2004 @ 12:09 AM

That would be cool. But fat too expensive.

SEGA... squad.

Yeah I know. Maybe in a few years?

We should start a fund and start saving! :D

It'd be beyond cool. If anywhere, I would say Vegas. Good location w/ LOTS of shit to do. This is highly improbable though as not a lot of ppl would be able to come. If we got 20 or so ppl it could work, but if it happened I think we would end up w/ like 5, if that. If it's in LV, I could make it easy :). Just a days drive away, hehe.

Tell ya what, if I hit the Mega Millions jackpot on Tuesday ($210 Million) I'll cover everybody's travel and rent out a whole hotel for us.

And yeah, the mini-conventions are always a good idea, but in actuality there's just too many people with conflicting dates, locations, and money troubles. You'd be lucky to get together 8-10 folks, probably the ones on the east coast.

Myself?

I'd love to go, but it'd really have to coincide nicely with my schedule. In other words, it'd have to be in St. Louis or Chicago, on a day I'm not working, and it'd have to be dirt cheap.

I just don't see it happening, nice an idea though it is. Cause I imagine most people feel similar to me about how far out of their way they'd be willing to go for this.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 27, 2004 @ 12:12 PM

Any of you Aussies ever been out here?

Not yet, but I really want to one day. :)

Caelestis - if you could line up the cash, I'd drop everything and be there. :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by Caelestis@Jun 27, 2004 @ 04:42 AM

Tell ya what, if I hit the Mega Millions jackpot on Tuesday ($210 Million) I'll cover everybody's travel and rent out a whole hotel for us.

Whoa, no one won on Friday's drawing? Haha, the jackpot just gets bigger and bigger. :lol:

Note to self: buy a ticket already. What do you have to lose except for a buck if you don't win? ;)

I would love to do this when ever it was... ya'll would shun me as the stranger but i dont know many gamers. FL sucks.

Ive traveled out of state 3 times in the last month. Shit just bought me a focus 2 months ago today and i have 9000 miles as it is on it. Er.

pfffft since quite obviously there isnt going to be bbq i'd have to go with "not worth it" side of the arguement i reckon.

hmm so say we got together in a "place". i can just imagine a bunch of ppl walk into some hall and then think "now what?"

putting all that aside.. any thoughts on a sponsored event?

Or we could organize meeting in a convention of some sort too... I am goi g to the Comicon (at San Diego) this year... If anyone want to meet there... (I don't think you'll come where I live at)

Originally posted by WiseMan@Jun 27, 2004 @ 07:22 AM

pfffft since quite obviously there isnt going to be bbq i'd have to go with "not worth it" side of the arguement i reckon.

hmm so say we got together in a "place". i can just imagine a bunch of ppl walk into some hall and then think "now what?"

putting all that aside.. any thoughts on a sponsored event?

Well, I'd have VF ready go! :D

Let the owning begin! :lol: :p

Originally posted by Supergrom@Jun 27, 2004 @ 02:34 PM

when is comicon? im gonna be in san diego next week sometime (actually going to Baja, but ill be passing through)

It is from July the 22th to July the 25th ...

Ice, Joe, Rev, and myself are in the PA / Philly metro region. Well, Ice is in bumblefrick PA, but he has a corvette so it evens out.

Anyone else? D&B has a nice selection of things to do, including VF. (I think it's 3 or some such).

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 28, 2004 @ 03:03 PM

Ice, Joe, Rev, and myself are in the PA / Philly metro region. Well, Ice is in bumblefrick PA, but he has a corvette so it evens out.

Anyone else? D&B has a nice selection of things to do, including VF. (I think it's 3 or some such).

I live in CT and I have some friends in Philly so I could make probably make it.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 28, 2004 @ 10:03 AM

im in erie. all the way on the other side.

Back