Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

It shouldn't require absolutely anything to download the 7z file, never had in the past.

Anyway, lemme know of an alternative in case you need another file.

Glad it helped you fix the issue!

Btw, so far the only video that was replaced with a better quality option is the Konami logo, or were they all replaced?
I believe the Konami intro movie was replaced, the Intro movie, the reverse castle movie, and the ending movie were all replaced with the PSP version, but with a lower color version of Tru Motion (We cannot encode the higher color component due to lack of codec)

I have found the beezlebub bug and fixed it. I have a 3 day weekend, so I may have time to work on finishing up the sub screen to get it out.

Other than the Rainbow Cloak being called the Crystal Cloak and Smelly Rice being swapped with full course meal, was there any other items that needed fixing?

1. When you first fight Dracula, the intro should say Final Stage: Rondo of Blood
2. Change the fonts used in the Menu Screen for a more classic style, like the original ones
3. A new portrait for Richter that does not look so odd compared to the other characters in the game
Thanks in advance

1: No, Rondo of Blood is not even accurate, it is reincarnation of blood, which is what Bloodlines is, and sounds a lot better than reincarnation of blood. (It is a shame the Genesis version used this name in the US, when it has nothing to do with the Belmont clan, but Bram Stoker's Quincy Morris.)
2: No, I prefer the gothic look and it looks a lot nicer than other 8x16 fonts.
3: Already discussed.

Does VDP1 distort the font at all when it renders? While it does look nice I've noticed in some spots it looks funny, like it's stretched.

Hey Saturnerds! Just created an account to say you are going to make happy to more people than what u think. Its like waiting for a brand new game that u already know, at last playing with allucard... Thanks K. You can all take the time you need. I wish I had ur skills to help. And dont get demotivated by perfectionism or critics. On the contrary, enjoy it. You got this! :)

Off-topic, guardian heroes and saturn bomberman best games ever, madafakas. I didnt have unfortunately the luck to play this SotN as child so the bound is not that strong. But I enjoyed a lot playing it last year.

You are a hero and this forum is gold. Everyone of us who had the saturn as child were considered a bit weirdos back then, but our love to this machine is endless and we united in different forums in different languages is amazing. Saturn is just too good to be forgotten and not played

This game is the sequel of Rondo of Blood for the PC Engine
not Bloodlines for the Sega Genesis
if you didnt know
now you know
PCE-Translation.PNG

"Rondo of blood" is not the official name of the PC Engine game. "Rondo of Blood" is a poor translation. The actual literal translation is Reincarnation of Blood 血の輪廻. 血 is Blood の is Of, 輪 is Circle/Round and 廻 is Revolution/Rotation, 輪廻 Could essentially mean endlessly cycling, which is where reincarnation comes in. This is a case where the fans made the name of the game canon, which is why it was used in the Dracula X Chronicles version. I am aware that the Rondo katakana is in the PC engine title, but from that kanji, they do not point to anything dealing with musical scores. They were probably trying to clarify Round in Katakana. As for Symphony of the night, that is 月下の夜想曲 which is Moon Light Of Nocturne. (Nocturne means Night Symphony, hence Symphony of the Night) 曲 is Kanji for song, so this makes sense.

My theory is Konomi of America caught wind of the Bloodlines name, and decided to use that title instead for the US release of the Genesis (which, is why I discussed the Genesis game)

As we see, the official translation in Dracula X Chronicles also used Bloodlines, so there is proof enough that it should stay alongside the Symphony of the Night translation, and this argument on mistranslations has now become moot lol.

Last edited:
Does VDP1 distort the font at all when it renders? While it does look nice I've noticed in some spots it looks funny, like it's stretched.
Not that I am aware of. Once I write in the shadow rendering for the text, it may look better. If you can find an area where this happens, it would be helpful.

Last edited:
Hey Saturnerds! Just created an account to say you are going to make happy to more people than what u think. Its like waiting for a brand new game that u already know, at last playing with allucard... Thanks K. You can all take the time you need. I wish I had ur skills to help. And dont get demotivated by perfectionism or critics. On the contrary, enjoy it. You got this! :)

Off-topic, guardian heroes and saturn bomberman best games ever, madafakas. I didnt have unfortunately the luck to play this SotN as child so the bound is not that strong. But I enjoyed a lot playing it last year.

You are a hero and this forum is gold. Everyone of us who had the saturn as child were considered a bit weirdos back then, but our love to this machine is endless and we united in different forums in different languages is amazing. Saturn is just too good to be forgotten and not played
Thanks. I too enjoy Guardian Heroes and Saturn Bomberman. It is a shame they ruined the second Bomberman game on Saturn. They did the same thing with Nintendo 64. Bomberman 64 was awesome, Bomberman Hero and Bomberman 64 2 were terrible.

Hello! First and foremost, allow me to say thank you for translating this game. It was a wonderful experience for me to play through the Saturn version of this game for the first time, and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much without your efforts.

Since you've asked for some items that needed fixing, here are the ones I've noticed through my playthrough.
Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (English v1.00)-0001.png

The item Turquoise seems to be misspelled as "Turqoise."
Also, the item Green Tea wasn't changed back to Sake, which I found odd, since Barley Tea and Grape Juice were changed back to Beer and Wine, respectively. It honestly doesn't matter either way, but I felt like pointing it out.

akumajou-dracula-x-gekka-no-yasoukyoku-english-v1-00-0000-png.5876

Colosseum is mistyped as "Colloseum" in the file select screen. Reverse Colosseum is also typed as "Reverse Colloseum" too.

Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (English v1.00)-0002.png

And something that's really nitpicky, but Cursed Prison and Soul Prison are translated as "Cursed Jail" and "Soul Jail" in the file select screen.

I know I might've come off as nitpicky and ungrateful, but I assure you that's not the case at all! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Attachments

• Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (English v1.00)-0000.png
    Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (English v1.00)-0000.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 801
Hello! First and foremost, allow me to say thank you for translating this game. It was a wonderful experience for me to play through the Saturn version of this game for the first time, and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much without your efforts.

Since you've asked for some items that needed fixing, here are the ones I've noticed through my playthrough.
View attachment 5875
The item Turquoise seems to be misspelled as "Turqoise."
Also, the item Green Tea wasn't changed back to Sake, which I found odd, since Barley Tea and Grape Juice were changed back to Beer and Wine, respectively. It honestly doesn't matter either way, but I felt like pointing it out.

akumajou-dracula-x-gekka-no-yasoukyoku-english-v1-00-0000-png.5876

Colosseum is mistyped as "Colloseum" in the file select screen. Reverse Colosseum is also typed as "Reverse Colloseum" too.

View attachment 5877
And something that's really nitpicky, but Cursed Prison and Soul Prison are translated as "Cursed Jail" and "Soul Jail" in the file select screen.

I know I might've come off as nitpicky and ungrateful, but I assure you that's not the case at all! Thanks so much for your hard work!
Nitpicking is good, I added these fixes, thank you!

Nitpicking is good, I added these fixes, thank you!
While we're nitpicking... on the "Data select" screen in mega10's screenshots I see it says "The data to load. Please select." It gets the point across, but grammatically I think it'd be better to say "Please select the data to load."

While we're nitpicking... on the "Data select" screen in mega10's screenshots I see it says "The data to load. Please select." It gets the point across, but grammatically I think it'd be better to say "Please select the data to load."
I do not think we have a choice on that. The top line is more of a title, while the second line is more of a choice that should change when doing certain things. Will need to check.

Hey Knight0fDragon I wanted to apologize for reporting the Beezlebub bug after it was already reported; I legit didn’t think to read the thread first and that’s my bad. Your work on this patch is 100% appreciated and the last thing I want is for comments like mine to demoralize this effort and this community.

Hey Knight0fDragon I wanted to apologize for reporting the Beezlebub bug after it was already reported; I legit didn’t think to read the thread first and that’s my bad. Your work on this patch is 100% appreciated and the last thing I want is for comments like mine to demoralize this effort and this community.
You were fine. Simply reporting it multiple times is not an issue. The original context was removed from what I can tell, but it was pretty much them telling me they were waiting on it, and that could come across like the annoying girlfriend tapping her feet impatiently waiting for you to finish your task that you put a lot of time and effort into lol.

Hiya Knight0fDragon! This mod is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to translate one of my favourite games :)

I have managed to complete the game the whole way through, except for 1 boss. For some reason after I defeat Beelzebub, when the Max Life Up is spawning, the game freezes and throws up this error on SFF. I tried it again on Kronos and it also freezes there, just without the error.

I can see other people in the thread have reported it too, but here's my save in case it's any use to you.

Thank you again for making such an awesome mod!
1613414011857.png

Attachments

• DRACULAX_01.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 158
Back