Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

I'm back with custom artwork thats designed to work with a real (or duplicate) Sega Saturn case. I did go a bit lazy on the screenshots, as it's from the PS1 version, but everyone knows that konami wouldn't have cared back in 1998 either. Should be completely print ready. =)
castlevaniafront.png castlevaniaback.png

I would prefer the PSX version anyway. Even though you are not selling it as a repro, I hate it when I see my work go out as a repro with absolutely no clarification that I am not affiliated with said repro, making it look as though I would be responsible for said package.

Hello. I would love to use this patch with my Polymega but it only supports BPS, IPS, UPS, PPF, XDELTA, MSU1, and Mesen HD Packs. Is there something I can do about it?

Last edited:
I have an original copy of Dracula X. Does this mean I have to rip the ROM from it to create a disc with the patch?
Yes. Follow the posted instructions for patching the game then burn it to disc. PM won't recognize it but you can resolve using the games DB then install.

Yo, I kinda wanna report a bug/ask a few questions:

Can't load to Reverse Prison. After entering the door in Reverse Caverns/Reverse Catacombs, it just gets stuck in there on "Now Loading" screen. The one that doesn't have interactable elements. How to avoid that? I kinda wanna play that level, but now I can't even reach it.
Playing on Mednafen(v 1.29.0), version of the patch - 1.021

Last edited:
Yo, I kinda wanna report a bug/ask a few questions:

Can't load to Reverse Prison. After entering the door in Reverse Caverns/Reverse Catacombs, it just gets stuck in there on "Now Loading" screen. The one that doesn't have interactable elements. How to avoid that? I kinda wanna play that level, but now I can't even reach it.
Playing on Mednafen(v 1.29.0), version of the patch - 1.021
can you send me a save file?

can you send me a save file?
Sure. Here:

Had to use Disk, cuz the mc0 file is too large.
Go to Reverse Caverns for the location, and you will get stuck after crossing the "Loading Room", if you try to enter the door to Soul prison/reverse prison(Saturn Exclusive location)
I am kinda trying to go to the prison from the other side, just to see if it works.
Maybe some scripts have to be cleaned. I already killed Death, and I cleaned most of the other locations.
So yah, sorry for the location inconvinience.

BTW, I also noticed the bug with the Dark Sword text. It just says "Sword" in the name, and "Dark" in the description. You can check it in my inventory.

Last edited:
There's a hotfix for Dark Blade posted a few pages back.

There's a hotfix for Dark Blade posted a few pages back.
Huh. Does this hotfix also contains "infinite loading time on Soul Prison" fix? Would be really cash money if it did.

No, I didn't say that, all I said was Knight0fDragon made a hotfix for the Dark Blade display issue.
That said, I completed the game (1.021+hotfix) on Mednafen with Alucard just fine.
I haven't the faintest idea what causes your Soul Prison infinite loading, I had no such issue.

No, I didn't say that, all I said was Knight0fDragon made a hotfix for the Dark Blade display issue.
That said, I completed the game (1.021+hotfix) on Mednafen with Alucard just fine.
I haven't the faintest idea what causes your Soul Prison infinite loading, I had no such issue.
100% completed? WIth Walk Armor, and using spells? And with upgraded Fammiliars?

Back