Grandia English Patch

Translating Grandia 1.1.1

Its actually both lol. Here: Here Are the Rules for Possessive Apostrophes if you can find where I'm wrong, and they're wrong, I'm completely open and would appreciate your insights. This is what I was taught in English, and if I've been doing it wrong, I'd be happy to know why if you don't mind.
The page you linked does not clarify the possessive apostrophe rule for the pronoun "it". In the case of nouns like dog, or sword, or Justin, we get things like "the dog's collar is red", "the sword's edge is sharp", or "Justin's hat is cool". I think you might be applying that rule to where it should not. Possessive pronouns do not include apostrophes, which applies to "it", "her", "their"; instead, we get "its", "hers" and "theirs" respectively.

On the same website, there is another article that goes into a bit more depth regarding possessive pronouns:

376a4eddb5762f8a10b2c61167267ec4.png

Source: 10 Apostrophe Rules Violations

In the case of definite pronouns like "it", the apostrophe is not used. For indefinite pronouns like "one", or "anyone", the apostrophe is used.

A bit of an aside, but I also noticed an error on the page you linked.

695d888bfc2c3906909934c5a57c6888.png

Typically, since "shoes" is plural, we use a corresponding plural pronoun like "these" instead. The correct sentence would be "these are Peter's shoes".

For future reference, I recommend using a different website to brush up on grammar. I can't speak for the whole website, but the page I've linked below is more concise and clear.

In Canadian English, that apostrophe denotes a possessive.
This is only true for nouns. Nouns do not have a possessive form, and thus you need the apostrophe. Pronouns do have a possessive form. The pronoun "me" has the possessive form "mine" for example. The possessive form of "it" is... "its." There is no apostrophe. The apostrophe in pronouns is only used as contraction for "it is."

I'm having problems patching 0.9.6
I thought it was the patcher and posted first in the Patcher's discussion but I will post it here since it could be the patch and not the patcher since it worked for Bulk Slash:

I am trying to patch Gradia 0.9.6 Disc 2 on Windows 11, since I had a weird issue with the game freezing in the Zil Desert and the Castle of Dreams with my 0.9.5 disc. I'm thinking the freezing was a burning issue so I wanted to burn the newest version.

I load the same image I always used for all other previous patches. I load the patch. I ask it to create an image and it spins and closes.
Tried with admin privileges and even in compatibility mode for almost everything. It does not work for Grandia 0.9.6.

I did notice that nothing shows up in the "Meta" and "ReadMe" sections of the patcher when loading Grandia 0.9.6. as shown in the attached image.

Attachments

• grandia.png
    grandia.png
    36 KB · Views: 199
Is it possible to get a copy of patch 09.5? I want to try that patch to see if it's the current patch or the patcher program that is causing issues.
Thanks

If get a serial cable (24 pin to USB) can I pull the save from my action replay?
it is not a serial cable as in a DB25 serial. It is a special kind of Serial. There is a driver on here to create a virtual comm device with it, but it is problematic.

Best way to transfer your save is to use Slinga's audio tool, and hook up the saturn audio to the microphone jack (I would think line in, but I do not think Slinga recognizes that). If you do not have the cable, you can use a microphone and play it off the speaker, just check it in an emulator first before distributing.

I am not a coder. I have no idea how to compile and use the code found on the github links.
I found the ISO for the Saturn disc but that was it.

Here is a breakdown of what happened.
1. I got a new Saturn (long story - cant use powered stuff in control port 1 - blown fuse/resistor) but still have my old one. Both are modded and play well.
2. Using the new Saturn I finished the Tower of Doom with no issue. Once complete I headed into the Zil Desert using version 0.9.5
3. In the Desert there were issues. First, the sound was off. Songs playing during battles at the wrong time and the music restarting randomly. This music issue happened often in the Desert. This happened about 20 minutes in the Desert and even the Castle and then it started to freeze most often when entering or exiting battle.
4. I figured it was a laser issue, so I swapped the whole CD unit with my old one (old Saturn's CD unit in the new Saturn). Noticed the same issues.
5. Ruled out the CD issue after this happened 4 more times.

So this is where I am at there are two more tests:
A: Reburn incase it is a disc issue (Used TY media)
B: Put the CD back in the old one and try that old Saturn.

If someone can help me compile the needed software to pull the save from my backup cart, I will do that.
Otherwise, it seems there is an issue with the newest patch for me to burn an updated copy.

3. In the Desert there were issues. First, the sound was off. Songs playing during battles at the wrong time and the music restarting randomly. This music issue happened often in the Desert. This happened about 20 minutes in the Desert and even the Castle and then it started to freeze most often when entering or exiting battle.
This screams bad burn.

I'm hoping you are right. I was able to burn a copy of the 0.9.6 using patcher version 1.3.
The newest patcher would not patch 0.9.5 or 0.9.6.

I'll let you know if I run into any problems. May not be able to test until tomorrow.

I forgot to mention, when frozen it was only the game, not the whole Saturn. I was able to use the button and start combo to reset the unit.

you know if I run into any problems. May not be able to test until tomorro
Ok, used patcher 1.3 to burn version 0.9.6 on TY discs. Played for about 20 min and no freezing at the Zil Desert. Played the lord in the mansion and died - restarted and left the mansion and left the desert going back to the map - it froze on the black screen between the level and map.
Played for about 1.5 hours this morning no freezing. I played the Zil Desert, Savanah, and Brinan Plateau no freeze.

There was only one issue on today's playthrough: when fighting the scorpions in those areas the music would start at the beginning of the battle and a couple of seconds in it would stop, pause for a second, and restart from the beginning of the track. This only happened twice today but happened more often with the old burn (the old burn did have some light scratches) and most of the freezes I experienced with the old burn happened when battling the scorpion-like creatures or changing rooms/scenes.

I have the save and would share it if someone wants to help me figure out how to compile the tools needed. I do think this is worth looking into since it happened before and after a Laser/CD Drive swap using the old burn. It still could be the burn since it only froze once with the new burn.

Back