Translating Lunar Silver Star Story

klarth

I had the same experience with the Wings. Had them equipped on Alex when they were stolen but still had them and was able to use them.
I had started playing 1.1.1 on a disc in my VA13 V-Saturn until the Ghaleon@Meribia freeze. I was unable to get that version to play on my VA0 with Fenrir but now 1.1.2c works great on it.

Ran into a few minor issues today. When getting a Barrier Ring the name reads fine but when it's in the inventory the first letter is garbled. Something similar with the Holy Armor sprite has an extra piece on the bottom right.
Last one is I just became Dragonmaster so I took a trip to Meribia to get The Rememberizer from Ramus and he instead gave me an Angel's Tear. I'm guessing maybe this has to so with the item shift you spoke about.

Thanks for all the work, It's been great to play it again like this.
The barrier ring issue looks like its related to the text undernearth it running over — yeah when you exceed the length on that line it spills into the line above it. That initial quote doesnt belong there, removing it will fox the issue.

There is no rememberizer in SSS so i replaced it with a random item for now.

I’ll add the holy armor to the tbd list. No clue whats going on there. I dont recall any hacks that altered sprite draw locations, only text locations

cww80

^Is the rememberizer in the MPEG version? I still can't find a definitive version difference, outside of SSS Saturn version compared to the Complete PlayStation version. Will have to make a Playstation versus Saturn Complete edition comparison.

klarth

Dragon wings fixed now. Note that for some reason some individuals are getting a false positive virus scan while running this version, causing issues during building. (I added a single OR in lsb.exe since the last exe...)

Attachments

Last edited:

cww80

Hmm not working for me. I did get a false positive while I was applying the patch.

Alright, something with that update triggers a false positive. Otherwise, I will have to wait till I finish the Blue Dragons cave to use them, it appears to work otherwise.

Attachments

Last edited:

klarth

Did it print an error while applying one of the xdeltas? Using the unwrecked designs updated psx .fil file no longer works, not sure if that may be the issue.

Last edited:

cww80

Did it print an error while applying one of the xdeltas? Using the unwrecked designs updated psx .fil file no longer works, not sure if that may be the issue.
I'm using the original PSXFIL. I had to disable my virus scanner to not have it mess up.

cww80

Another unusual issue, (Though probably the fault of Fenrir) is the only image I can get to play the 2nd audio file of the disc image is from the Redump set. The 1.05 version (used for the translation) and the default cue (Made with the patch) with correct audio files doesn't work either. (Yes, everything is named properly to match that cue file and also tried Sega Cue Maker)I'm only noting it cause the audio file plays before the Blue Dragon Cave shows itself.

Thanks again for your hard work. I've always wanted to play the Saturn version of this in English. The Red Dragon cave effect in the background DEFINITELY wasn't in the Playstation version. I plan to play through it again and again.

klarth

Actually, the audio might be an issue with the way the disc is ripped. Lunar has a custom audio driver, it doesnt use the Sega one. Im not exactly sure how it goes about accessing the CD audio track. It might be expecting it to start in a specific disc sector and skip playing it otherwise. (I didnt know it used the CDDA track until you mentioned it). Thanks again for the feedback! I agree the red dragon cave effect is pretty neat.

romulo.mpv

Hello! I'm having difficulties to update the patches, I'm one of the noobs who don't know how to deal with it well if they have a video that shows how to do it, I'll be very happy and I'll be able to continue helping too. Thank you!