wankers in game stores

Originally posted by cpl carrot@Nov. 21 2002, 3:33 pm

I recently went to my local Gameco to trade some stuff in and found they only know new stuff. The guy didn't recognize the Menacer, but did manage to find it in the computer. He had no idea what the Lynx was, and said it wasn't in their system, and when I told him it was a handheld made by Atari his jaw dropped, and he asked me "Didn't they go out of business in like 1985 or something?"

when dealing with people like that, you're better off selling the stuff on eBay or here where people actually know what the stuff is.

Yeah... there are some cool clerks at the Software Etc. about a mile from my house (if that).

Back in October I bought NFL 2K1 (DC), NFL GameDay 99 (PSX) and Doom 64 (N64), I had about $15 worth of quarters and bout $3 worth of nickels and dimes. While Brandon was counting them, I made a remark about how I don't like GTAIII and how much the Saturn and Mega CD rule. He was like "Hey Justin, you gotta hear this kid" Justin came to my rescue praising the Saturn (the bastard has PDS AND SFIII! COMPLETE!!!) He bashed the Mega CD a bit (although (I think anyway) he gave some praise to Snatcher). He said the Dreamcast was the best Sega console (due to it's 2D capabilities) and the Saturn a close second. When he said he had PDS, my jaw just dropped to the ground, and didn't get up for about 30 seconds. It was a fun conversation. I felt proud after leaving, knowing I'm not the only Sega fan in Des Moines
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah... there are some cool clerks at the Software Etc. about a mile from my house (if that).

Back in October I bought NFL 2K1 (DC), NFL GameDay 99 (PSX) and Doom 64 (N64), I had about $15 worth of quarters and bout $3 worth of nickels and dimes. While Brandon was counting them, I made a remark about how I don't like GTAIII and how much the Saturn and Mega CD rule. He was like "Hey Justin, you gotta hear this kid" Justin came to my rescue praising the Saturn (the bastard has PDS AND SFIII! COMPLETE!!!) He bashed the Mega CD a bit (although (I think anyway) he gave some praise to Snatcher). He said the Dreamcast was the best Sega console (due to it's 2D capabilities) and the Saturn a close second. When he said he had PDS, my jaw just dropped to the ground, and didn't get up for about 30 seconds. It was a fun conversation. I felt proud after leaving, knowing I'm not the only Sega fan in Des Moines
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov. 21 2002, 4:07 pm

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

double post --- anyway, that sounds like a decent guy
smile.gif

There's too many fanboys around where I'm at.

Most are PS2, but I know a Gamecube one and he's the most annoying -- claims everything else is crap -- ok.. whatever.

Haven't really come across any XBox fanboys other than online.

Originally posted by racketboy+Nov. 21 2002, 4:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Nov. 21 2002, 4:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Nov. 21 2002, 4:07 pm

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

double post --- anyway, that sounds like a decent guy
smile.gif

There's too many fanboys around where I'm at.

Most are PS2, but I know a Gamecube one and he's the most annoying -- claims everything else is crap -- ok.. whatever.

Haven't really come across any XBox fanboys other than online.[/b][/quote]

Whoops! Didn't see that! Anyway... yeah there are a lot of fanboys here in Urbandale (suburb of Des Moines) it sucks. I insist that Sega is kick ass and they always come up with the same damn thing

"Well... why did Sega go bankrupt?" or "How come Nintendo bought Sega?" or "How come Microsoft bought Sega"

Whenever someone says quote 2 or 3, I just wanna kill them.

SEGA NEVER HAS, AND NEVER WILL BE BOUGHT BY NINTENDO, MICROSOFT, OR SONY DAMMIT!

Also... if they went bankrupt, there'd be no more Sega games period (everybody that has a GC LOVES Super Monkey Ball 2... oh wait... that's the Sega game they like... HA! They're missing the good stuff (nothing against SMB2 though))!

I always say the same thing:

"Look, the reason why Sega stopped the DC was because all the stupid Sony fanboys shunned them. They went with the "in" crowd. Despite having superior hardware and software (Saturn) and a console that can go toe-to-toe with PS2 (DC), all the fanboys screwed them over,"

I never mention about how SoJ and SoA screwed the Saturn over in America. I don't wanna go to far in depth. Because.. they obviously don't care.. THEY'RE FANBOYS!

My friend Mike, he's a Nintendo follower 'till the end. He says he has a MegaDrive, and he wouldn't mind a DC. I keep insisting on Saturn. He doesn't listen. I'm not gonna stop though!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes.. I love the PSX (one of the greatest libraries ever... not to mention FFVII - FFIX
biggrin.gif
) and N64 (IMO, the best Nintendo console, great library of games). But Saturn, DC, and Mega CD blow 'em all away!

The one word definition of Sony and Nintendo players: Casual

The one word of Sega GAMERS: Hardcore

Really.... it pains me to know I was just like them at one time (Until I got my Saturn that is
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov. 21 2002, 5:49 pm

My friend Mike, he's a Nintendo follower 'till the end. He says he has a MegaDrive, and he wouldn't mind a DC. I keep insisting on Saturn. He doesn't listen. I'm not gonna stop though!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

I love my Saturn, but the DC is a great machine too.

I play it way more often.

Both systems cost about the same amount too.

I think its sad that game stores will still buy the psx used but I asked them about my Saturn and they say its way too old and crappy looking. :/ Ummm hello asshole!! Saturn came out AFTER the PSX dipshit!!

all the v.g. stores around me are pretty decent, almost every employee of everyone of them still owns a saturn. at the local funcoland i've only ever had to deal with one dick and one retard (well actually it was his first night one the job so maybe he was just overwhelmed) of the employees their that i've actually talked to one claims the d.c. to be his favorite console and one claims the snes to be his while the manager insists on talking my ear off about how bad shop lifting is. the owner of he local gamerack (or maybe gamestop, or maybe something else entirely) is genuinely cool and has even in the past thanked me for coming in, despite the fact that i didn't buy anything and made him let me look over 1/2 a dozen boxes. when i visit my sister in stockton i always get well treated by the employes of the funcoland there (one of whom was female and amazingly enough, very cute) hell, i;ve even had good expeireinces buying games at target. just lucky i guess, or maybe pleasAnt encounters with video game dealers is the worlds way of balancing out the fact that i haven't had sex in almost a year

actaully it's pronounced "siz own" though if i'm in a hiphop mood it can be siz one

as far as the size of my penis goes..

you know that saying about guys who drive flashy sports cars to ummmm.. compensate for lack of endownment

well, i drive a toyota tercel

i've had no complaints

i haven't had sex in a while because i'm a fucking cantancerous hermit who never goes out and spends all of his free time playing video games or dicking around on his computer. the only place i'd meet girls is at work and all the chicks there either suck, are married or will have nothing to do with me

knowing my luck i won't meet anyone or do anything interesting in my bed with anyone until i get my shit together and go back to school

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov. 22 2002, 4:08 pm

rofl
laugh.gif

Let me ask you.. are you REALLY Rolling on the floor laughing?

Liar!

We have a local chain of Video game retailers called "Video Game trader"

You walk in to see , yes a group of overweight regulars chatting away about the most recent accomplishments in Diablo and So on. Asshole clerks with little headsets to make them feel important, and overpriced games.

Not 2 years ago Mystaria for the Saturn was $70CAN just because it is "rare". I bet black and white televisions are rare too, but those dont have such a pricetag.

Anyways, these backwater shops are terrible for more reasons than one. Their employees are jerks, their crap is over priced and they seem to all reside in corners of old chinatown strip malls..

nice to see someone passed english and actually remembers some of that nonsense

and while i meant it in an intransitive sense i'm sure that they're more than capable of expressing that quality in a transitive sense as well, i however have no desire to be the noun that it'd be aplied to

"no it did not!... the saturn was out for at least a month before the PSX was!"

are you sure?? I could have sworn psx came out first, ....hmmm maby stores took thier time getting them in as I recall the only reason I bought the psx in the first place was because the saturn wasnt out in the stores yet.... hmmm...Ill need to look this one up... If Saturn really did come out first, no wonder its fmv looks so damned horrible!

Back