What games have you bought lately?

Just ordered the following:

X-Men Legends (GCN) - I was gonna pass, but my buddy is a big X-Men fan and I figured the multiplayer would be cool, plus there hasn't been a good X-Men game in how long?

Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN) - Again, bought it for the multiplayer.

Typing of the Dead (DC) - I thought my girlfriend might enjoy typing her way through legions of zombies.

Worms Armageddon (DC) - Again, mainly a multiplayer thing - we play Worms quite a bit, but I figured it would be nice to play in a more comfortable position.

Pinball Dreams (SNES) - I love this game, haven't played the SNES version but I hope it's at least decent compared to the Amiga game.

Ninja Five-O (GBA) - This game is awesome... best ninja game I've played in years.

I also recently purchased an Extreme Flash Advance flashcart for GBA.. PocketNES is pretty great, it's wonderful to have all those NES classics on the go.

Chris Sawyer's Locomotion (PC) - If you liked Railroad/Transport Tycoon you'll love this. It's also cheap and shows you don't need giant teams and millions of dollars to make a good game.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War for PC. It has some problems, but it's the best W40K game they've made for some time. The atmosphere fits the universe pretty well, and the game runs and looks good too (although some of the load times are ridiculous). You can paint your army, which I know tabletop Warhammer fans will appreciate a lot! It has some issues, but I really really like the game as a whole. The resource model is good, if not unique. The combat is incredible, you can have some really dramatic battles, and the squad AI is very customizable. You can have your squads fight ranged, melee, or both as opportunity presents, you can change how aggressive they are too. The first time you see a Dreadnought swat a bunch of troops and send half a squad flying, you're like "Whoa!". There are also lots of win conditions you can set for multiplayer action. The upgrade system and method of reinforcing/upgrading your squads on the battlefield is awesome.

"It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself."

I finally broke down and bought Metal Slug 3.

I'm amazed at what I was missing. Its fun factor has blown me away in an orgy of crabs, zombies, man-eating plants, and bullets. :ph34r:

I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Mission Four is a bitch, though. I really wish I had a friend who was into Metal Slug to help me out. :(

I'm a Slug maniac. Are you talking the Xbox version, or Neo Geo? And yes, Metal Slug 3 made my jaw drop like no other game. Just wait until you get to the final mission (if you haven't already). And if you're playing on Xbox, be prepared to put some practice in to that mission as well. ;)

Yes, it's the Xbox version. I'm not cool enough to own the Neo Geo version. :p

And admittedly, I'm a Metal Slug n00b. I'd start playing the arcade versions with five dollars in my pocket and stop when I was broke. I never concentrated on one game for long enough to get any good, so having a home version is excellent.

I'm quite confident that the Final Mission will have me crying like a little girl, but for now I'm concentrating on Mission Four. The opening part in the desert is kicking my ass. :flamethrower:

I just got Megaman Anniversary collection and Zelda 4 swords on GC... megaman the shit, but that fuckin' zelda game BLOWS. luckily i made up for it on my xbox with SH4, Fable(addicted for 2 weeks now, even after beating it IN TWO DAYS <_< ...) and Chronicles of Riddick. (which was ok, im not into those kinds of games, but this one made me happy)

Oh and I WILL be picking up Paper Mario 2 in a week or so :banana (oct. 11th i think is release date)

Yes, it's the Xbox version. I'm not cool enough to own the Neo Geo version. tongue.gif

And admittedly, I'm a Metal Slug n00b. I'd start playing the arcade versions with five dollars in my pocket and stop when I was broke. I never concentrated on one game for long enough to get any good, so having a home version is excellent.

I'm quite confident that the Final Mission will have me crying like a little girl, but for now I'm concentrating on Mission Four. The opening part in the desert is kicking my ass.

Well, the Xbox version actually forces you to get good, unlike the Neo version which gives you five credits to continue on the spot. Beating the MS3 on five credits can still be a pretty decent challenge, but it's not all that hard... and with the Neo you have a real controller in your hands. ;)

Speaking of credits.. I usually have three or four left by the time I get to the final mission, which then eats the rest. It's easily the longest mission in any MS game... in fact, it's almost as long as all the others put together. Good luck when you get there.

I just got Megaman Anniversary collection and Zelda 4 swords on GC... megaman the shit, but that fuckin' zelda game BLOWS

Yeah, MMAC rocks.. I blew through all the games in a week, although MM7 took me a while to beat (cheap final Wily, and it's easily my least favorite game in the regular series). I just wish they had included the remixed tracks on the GC version, not to mention displaying the game in true lo-res mode. Is Four Swords really that bad though? I can't imagine a Zelda game being too bad.. I assume you're playing it single player? I avoided buying it because I don't have all the stuff needed for multi.

Since we're talking about our recent purchases, I'll go ahead and rate the ones I just got (first impressions anyway):

Ninja Five-O: Again, awesome.. what can I say, this game is great. It's like the original Shinobi with more moves and a little Bionic Commando mixed in.

Super Monkey Ball 2: what a great game... I could see myself playing this forever, especially with all the excellent minigames thrown into the mix.

X-Men Legends: Seems pretty fun so far. Framerate can get a little choppy, but it's really cool to be able to create your own X-teams and go to work on the baddies. Diablo-like skill system is pretty nice.

Worms Armageddon - a decent conversion. Actually, it's pretty good in all, but the fact that you can't customize your Worms' voices per team sucks. Also, it's missing a bunch of options that the PC version has (I have a very specific group of settings that I use on the PC version).

Typing of the Dead: Heh, what a good purchase. I played a little bit and found it really easy, but I'm a good typist. I think my girlfriend will like this one.

Pinball Dreams: Dunno, got the cart from EB and it looks like someone's dog peed on it. Those bastards. I'll have to return it, I think. :angry:

well the zelda upset me in a few ways... first, multiplayer, to difficult and expensive to get together, (i do have a gba and connector cord though... BUT, the crappy design of the connector cable cancels out use of L and R when hooked to a gba SP, not zeldas fault) next its game play. Control is great, analog should have been the default for 2D gaming years ago. Visuals which are remeniscent of SNES zelda is cool, BUT, sorry Link looked BETTER on the SNES... grrrrr. the sprites are horrible looking, blurry at best. And the screen does this cool zoom in and out on the screen depending what your doing and crap... looks cool but then, AHHHHH, slow down and the picture quality just Bleh. little problems here and there, i expected way to much and got so little...

errrr, and the text is slow, you will read War and Peace in the time it takes for it to type out a word on screen at the opening of the game. wheres an option to FIX this.

2d gaming? Analog? Ohhh man, I can't believe you just said that. Please don't tell me you're playing Mega Man with the analog stick as well.

Some people are weird like that. What platform did you get X-men Legends for? I've heard the coop play isn't all that.

Gamecube. I haven't tried the co-op yet, but I plan on doing so tonight. It seems like it would be great for co-op play; the only downside is that between missions, you're only controlling one character as you wander around Xavier's mansion. So I guess that could be a bit dull for the other players, however, you can get back into the action really quickly if you want.

Its the most fun I've had with a racing game for a long time. I generally don't like driving games but the less realistic style (with the OTT powerslides etc) style of Outrun suits me fine.

Havent really looked at th extra over the arcade version but I know I've got a lot of things to unlock like extra tracks, cars and the original Outrun which is included.

Some serious racing game fans(i.e gran turismo, Project gotham fans) have played it and said they absolutely hate it but the game is not really aimed at them.

Judging on most opinions I've heard about the game It seems to be a a game you either love or you hate. I easily fall into the love catagory.

Newest ones I've gotten within last month

Xbox:

The Guy Game :sigh

Pro Fishing Challenge :smash

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload :damn:

Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance 2

Mortal Kombat Deception KE

Leisure Suit Larry :cheers

In the past 2 or 3 months, I'd say I've bought around 15-20 xbox games, 1 ps2 game, some pc games, sega mega cd games, around 120 nes games, and around 40 snes games. None of the xbox games are really worth mentioning. Most xbox games were bought in like 2 ebay lots (somewhere around $4 apiece paid for them).. Goblin commander for the ps2, it's still sealed, haven't even opened it yet.

Silent hill 3 for the pc, conflict zone for the pc, shadowbane for the pc, baldur's gate 2 for the pc. Also, quite a few sega mega cds: shin megami tensei (sealed), Funky horror band (sealed), Anet Futatabi, Psychic Detective 3: Aya, Nostalgia 1907, AX-101, Laughing Salesman (sealed), Super League Deluxe Baseball (sealed), Switch (Sealed), Heavy Nova (sealed), Tenbu mega cd special. A few of these are doubles of what I already had (shin megami tensei, funky horror band) because I got a pretty good deal on them. I plan on getting a lot more though!

The game I really want to check out though is battlefront. There are also a lot of saturn, pc engine, etc games that I really want to buy soon.

Just added Magical Girl Silky Lip to the list of recently bought games! For the Japanese Sega Mega CD, of course. Someone outbid me trying to get Illusion City, damn them, musta wanted it more than I did :/

I've purchased quite a few games in the last few weeks:

PS2:

Max Payne

Madden 2004

Extermination

MegaDrive:

The Adventures of Batman & Robin

WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game

Power Rangers The Movie

TMNT Tournament Fighters

Ghouls and Ghosts

Forgotten Worlds

Arrow Flash

Battletoads/Double Dragon

Decap Attack

Ghostbusters

Mega CD:

Sonic CD

Sewer Shark

Joe Montana Football

Sol-Feace

After three years of CD-Rs, I finally have some original Mega CD games! :thumbs-up: Thanks Dud!

So much for my Summer 2005 Fund.... :damn:

Phew.. good luck on that Adventures of Batman & Robin... that game is bloody tough.

As for myself, my recent purchases are:

SNES:

Street Fighter II Turbo (have the Genesis one, but I figured what the hell)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (ditto)

Sunset Riders

SMS:

Choplifter

Golvellius

Double Dragon

32X:

Tempo

DOOM

Saturn:

Night Warriors

Digital Pinball: Last Gladiators

Digital Pinball: Necronomicon

Shining Wisdom

Dreamcast:

Tee Off

Genesis:

Generations Lost

GBA:

Shining Force - Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (again, I have the Genesis game, but I couldn't hold out, even though the initial difficulty level is wayyy too easy)

PC:

Silent Hill 4 - The Room (finally, an excuse to finish part 3)

I also have Alien Hominid, Half-Life 2, and Metal Slug Advance on pre-order. After that, it's no more games until next year, heh.

Back