What games have you bought lately?

Got another dreamcast, w/several games, 1 memory card and 1 vmu, 1 gamecube game (spiderman blech), and a pc game entitled Arcunum, all for about $8 today

Xbox:

Destroy All Humans!

Conker Live & Reloaded

What Destroy All Humans! lacks in gameplay it makes up for in atmosphere and humor. And Conker Live's multiplayer isn't very fun and it just seems unnecesary to remake the Bad Fur Day portion. Needless to say I was dissapointed in both games, but if I knew what I know now I'd probably have bought them anyway if they were both in the $20-30 range.

Nice.. CONKER is a great game... Dud, how is Destroy all humans? I was gonna rent, it first lmme know, thanks.

Originally posted by stack99@Fri, 2005-06-24 @ 06:52 PM

Nice.. CONKER is a great game... Dud, how is Destroy all humans? I was gonna rent, it first lmme know, thanks.

[post=135735]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, its gamerankings.com average for the PS2 version is 77% and that's about what I'd give it. Initially it is extremely fun, the main character Crypto has some psychic powers he can read minds and pick up objects and slam them into walls or throw them, but it starts to get really dull and has little to no lasting appeal. Furthermore the game is extremely short, the levels are very small (also there are only six of them IIRC) and the whole thing lasts only 8-10 hours. It is very easy, save for two or three difficult missions. From a technical standpoint the game is very unimpressive, the Xbox version appears to have no advantages over the PS2 version graphically, so both versions look just so-so.

HOWEVER aside from all those shortcomings, it makes up for them somewhat with great atmosphere, voice acting and humor. It's set in the 50's and it really does the B movie thing well. The voiceactors for the two lead characters are great, your CO type guy Pox is voiced by the same guy who did Raz in Psychonauts, and Crypto sounds just like Jack Nicholson (he isn't though). There are some great lines in the game, from scanning people's minds or just the regular dialogue. My favorite line from the game is:

"Crypto, the United States isn't the only place that has humans, there are humans all over the world"

"That's not what everyone here seems to think"

When all is said and done, I'd still recommend it, but not for $50--try and get it when it drops to under $30, which shouldn't take long.

Got a Saturn yesterday morning... Oval buttons, 80000... $15, came with stereo AV cables, two boxy controllers, and a loose power cord. My dead PSX's power cord replaced it quite well, fitting snugly.

I missed a garage sale with "dozens of game systems" today. ;_;

Recently Bought street racer for the sega saturn, its not a bad game. I had the snes version and i thought it would be a port boy was i wrong it definetly looks so much nicer with 3d levels on the saturn. Also Bought Sonic 3D for the PC (sux compared to saturn version)

I picked up a few Atari 2600 Games today: Asteroids, Defender and Superman. Asteroids still has the manufactures seal. I'm not a collector, but when it costs $.50 more to get a brand new copy, hell yeah. I had to pop it open and play. Has anyone seen one of the Atari catalogs they packaged with the games? Damn those things are funny.

I bought Puyo Pop Fever and Sonic Heroes for Gamecube--my first Gamecube purchase in over half a year, The Suffering for Xbox because I'm starved for a decent horror themed game, and World of Warcraft for PC.

Last Sunday, June 26th: 32X, everything but the documentation, box in great shape, $3.

Friday: Gamegear and official battery pack, GG needs solder repair on the power connector, battery pack needs connector cable repaired, and a screw to hold it on. Road Rash, MLBPA Baseball, Desert Speedtrap, and some other baseball game, all $3.

Saturday: Rev1 Dreamcast with cigarette burns, 3rd party neon green translucent controller, 3rd party jump pack, two 3rd party memory cards (non-VMU), stereo AV cables, Tony Hawk, Time Stalkers, Rainbow Six, NFL2K, NBA2K, Planetweb 2.0, Slave Zero, DOA2, and three games on CDR. All legit games complete, cases and discs in pretty good shape all around, all for $20.

If this keeps up, I'll have every Sega console and variant by winter. haha.

Mega Drive:

Finally got in brandnew condition:

Desert Strike

Jungle Strike

Urban Strike

Mega CD:

Jaguar XJ220

Saturn:

Mr. Bones

Ghen War

32x, absolutely brandnew, 5 Euro each:

Knuckles Chaotix

Doom

Both are worth up to 50,-

I got a US saturn system, with 2 normal controllers, 1 analog controller, 1 virtua gun, 1 niko gun, street fighter alpha 2, nights sampler, christmas nights sampler, nights into dreams, virtua fighter 2, virtua cop, bootleg sampler, sega rally, and ALBERT ODYSSEY (MINT) for $20. The two saturn guns are also PSX guns apparently.

And a NES game .. adventures of dizzy or something like that, $1.50.....

I found a few other saturn games, but didn't get them, because they were mostly sports crap..

SEGA MEGA DRIVE:

Sonic

Sonic and Knucles (original box)

Bubsy

Aladdin

Universal Soldier

James Pond

James Pond 2

James Pond 3

Splatter House 2

Ecco

Rocket Knight Adventures

Taz - Mania

Green Dog

SEGA GAME GEAR:

Sonic Drift

Phantasy Star side story

Shining Force side story

Shining Force side story 2

Not games but accessories: I got appx 22 multi-game cases. These are the clear plastic ones that hold nes, snes, n64, jaguar, genesis, cd, dvd, and who knows what else... all for.............. FREE! Apparently, they came from a rental store that went out of business.

I recently purchased:

Gamecube:

-Killer7

-P.N. 03

-Sonic Gems Collection

Xbox

-Mortal Kombat: Deception

EDIT: MK:Deception really sucks, avoid it. GameSpot gave it Fighting Game of the year award last year, so I thought it would at least be decent, but the fighting system hasn't improved since Deadly Alliance, characters still move like they have something inserted in their rectum, the extras are pointless, and it just feels like it was made by novice game developers. DOA Ultimate was fighting game of the year last year in my opinion.

All Saturn games:

The best Daytona game:

Daytona USA Cirquit Edition with XBand support (japanese, don't mix CE with CCE)

Finally:

The House Of The Dead

And:

Blam Machinehead

Space Hulk

Crusader: No Remorse

Krazy Ivan

Back