YZB's 4MB hacks

The chinese forum YZB posts went offline for about 2 months. Now it's back and I, too, want to see a 97 hack, maybe the load times would be as good as 96's and he should unlock the orochi fighters by default.

IIRC, the KOF96 from NeoGeo CD has the same problem in audio tracks too...

Regarding the AST/ BGM, maybe I can give a look... but in sound effects, unfortunately, it would require serious programming skills (if it is possible to do). Dunno if the sound effect has stereo channels too...
Oh thanks for the answer! The great music tracks playing in stereo will be very nice if you cold fix.
Thanks!

hello, i'm new here, and wanted to ask if castlevania sotn from satunr 4mb de ybz doesn't give you a bug at the end, in my case when i want to take out the real end with all the map unlocked and the rest is frozen after defeating dracula, and it doesn't advance from there, i would open some solution, in advance thanks to the answer you give me

Never had this issue. When I load my completed save, I can beat Dracula and everything is fine.
I did not do a complete playthrouh with this hack though.

It's been a long time.
Added The King of Fighters '97 to the OP.
Since the downloads at chinaemu are behind some kind of forum currency you earn engaging in there, I'm not able to download the things anymore but once more I bothered YZB and he once again shared the game with me. :)

Some more information: YZB said he shares at Chinaemu because he is chinese and don't know any western places he can share the saturn hacks. So I did the logical thing and invited him to SegaXtreme. Let's see if he shows up.

Last edited:
So I noticed that the OP still mentions that these patches don't work with official RAM cartridges, only Action Replays. EM64 over on the Shiro Discord tested them all and found that Dracula X and King of Fighters '97 do actually work with an official 4 MB cart — the others don't, though.

I really need to review the OP, just dropped the latest game and description. Thanks for the heads up about it, maybe will do this weekend.

Trying KOF 97 on Mednafen, most stages lack BGM.
And I guess that's how the game is on Saturn? I'm used to the PS version.
I found this video and it also lacks music

I guess that's how it is? weird.

Trying KOF 97 on Mednafen, most stages lack BGM.
And I guess that's how the game is on Saturn? I'm used to the PS version.
I found this video and it also lacks music

I guess that's how it is? weird.

The bgm is tied to the characters you play (against, I think) but some of them don't have a theme so you will hear only the stage ambient sounds. I don't think or remember the ps1 version being different since it is how it is on the arcade.
Edit: none of the challengers on the video linked have a theme, so there is nothing to play.

Last edited:
I don't think there's ever absolute eerie silence in PSX (like 7:54 on the video above).
Either there is music or constant cheering/ambient sounds on all stages.
i don't know if this is the hack fault or the Saturn version fault.

Last edited:
I don't think there's ever absolute eerie silence in PSX (like 7:54 on the video above).
Either there is music or constant cheering/ambient sounds on all stages.
i don't know if this is the hack fault or the Saturn version fault.

Yes, your right. I did a check in this stage and it should play the environment sounds/music which is the track 08 on the disc. I will check every stage and report to YZB. Thanks.

Edit: Apparently here's how to trigger the mute stages: If your first opponent don't have a theme, on the second and third matches the stages will be silent.

New edit: Dracula X updated. :)

Last edited:
New post because YZB just released a patch to fix the music bug (attached).
Open the patch, click on the bottom right button, select the .img, ok, ok until the end.
I've tested and it looks flawless now.
I should update the op later when I have the time.

*OP updated with the fix*

Attachments

• KOF97_4MB_RAM_Cart_optimized_edition_Hacked_by_YZB_fix1.rar
    84.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Hello,

I burned a CDR of Akumajo Dracula X 1.31 and the new moves doesn't work, only the originals moves works.
New commands:
1. ← ↖↑↗→+A/C changed to ↑↗→+A/C
2. ← → ↘↓ ↙ ←→+A/C changed to ↓ ↙ ←→+A/C
3. ↑2s ↗→↘ ↓+A/C changed to ↓↘→+Y (increased the owl limit too)
4. ↑↗→↘ ↓↙ ←↖ ↑2s↓+A /C changed to ↓↘→+Z

What i did wrong ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I burned a CDR of Akumajo Dracula X 1.31 and the new moves doesn't work, only the originals moves works.
New commands:
1. ← ↖↑↗→+A/C changed to ↑↗→+A/C
2. ← → ↘↓ ↙ ←→+A/C changed to ↓ ↙ ←→+A/C
3. ↑2s ↗→↘ ↓+A/C changed to ↓↘→+Y (increased the owl limit too)
4. ↑↗→↘ ↓↙ ←↖ ↑2s↓+A /C changed to ↓↘→+Z

What i did wrong ?

Thank you.
I did not test the latest Dracx versions but I find it unlikely YZB would remove the shortcuts without announcing it.
I should run it someday, maybe. :)

Edit: are you sure you've activated the easy moves with R+X before trying them?

Last edited:
Back