Zero Wing????

stack99

Established Member
I was watching......"filter" on G4 tv.... they rated this game as number 5 on their top 10 "worst games ever" list..... has anyone ever played this? It looks like a decent shooter... but had horribly funny dialogue.... also they had the balls to put shenmue on this list at like number 2..... wtf!!!!!! man oh man.... oh well.. I don't get it.

so for a shooter, it just sucked??? Hmmm oh well I will have to try it to see how bad it reeaally is.. :lol:

I made the texxt for that game, thats why i a m always spelling things wrong, or is it because i am using a compaq keyboard

I thought it was just mediocre. Not terrible, but of course compared to something like Gradius or R-Type it's pretty bad. It's really just a matter of what your tastes are. Also, the MD/Genny port was not so hot; the arcade version is better, and I hear that the PC Engine version is decent also.

Yeah, it's not really a bad game, it just pales in comparison to some (okay, most) of Toaplan's other work. It's certainly not one of the top ten worst however.

I also don't think it's really fair to compare it to R-Type or Gradius, as those are pretty much pattern based games whereas Zero Wing is more like Thunderforce or Gaiares- a reflex-based shooter.

I dont get it either, from the pics. it looks fine, but it has a horrible translation going for it...lol :lol: :lol:

I guess you missed out on the "all your base are belong to us" hoopla of not so long ago. google that phrase and you'll probably find alot more than you want to know. the shockwave flash music video with the photo shopped pictures is worth at least a once-through though. If it weren't for the "popularity" rebirth a few years ago, I doubt this game would have made the list. It simply would have gone unnoticed.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 7, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

Yeah, it's not really a bad game, it just pales in comparison to some (okay, most) of Toaplan's other work. It's certainly not one of the top ten worst however.

I agree. G4 just sucks, I guess. This is why I don't get video game reviews/ratings from TV.

I have the game on Megadrive and I must say it's pretty good... not outstanding in the graphics department but fun nonetheless.

Originally posted by Alexvrb+Mar 7, 2004 @ 01:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexvrb @ Mar 7, 2004 @ 01:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Mar 7, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

I agree. G4 just sucks, I guess. This is why I don't get video game reviews/ratings from TV. [/b][/quote]

companys pay g4 to write good reviews for them, they said tomb raider aod was a great game

well I got my copy for the pc engine today.. and its a great shooter... I have to get a copy for my genny, but haven't been able to find one yet...... but its a good shooter. ;) ;)

Originally posted by stack99@Mar 6, 2004 @ 10:28 PM

I was watching......"filter" on G4 tv.... they rated this game as number 5 on their top 10 "worst games ever" list..... has anyone ever played this? It looks like a decent shooter... but had horribly funny dialogue.... also they had the balls to put shenmue on this list at like number 2..... wtf!!!!!! man oh man.... oh well.. I don't get it.

Personally I wouldn't disagree about Shenmue. It's terribly boring to play. It does have a fascinating story, but the whole game consists of fetch quest after fetch quest, with the occasional ripped-from-Virtua-Fighter fight thrown in here and there. It's also possibly the slowest paced game ever created next to Sim Earth.

Back