After 24 hours cut off from the world(ie SX)

I am finally back online. But much more importantly my food lasted in the refrigerator. Any other east cost members that were affected by the power outage? I live in a suburb of Cleveland, by the way.

And how. Lost power about 4PM yesterday. It came back up over the night, not sure when. We threw almost everything in the fridge out. Also, as soon as everything came back up we went out and got a supply of "D" batteries for the future. Cuz I know this is going to happen again, just you wait.

Looting reported in Ottawa during blackout. No looting in U.S. cities.

Freaky, I thought it would be the other way around.

Story Here

No power outages here in PA.

Man, I just had power restored an hour ago. Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I had to walk home from work starting from midtown in NYC, crosssed the Manhattan Bridge, down Flatbush Ave, past Prospect Park, and up to Avenue F before I saw a bus and jumped on. I got home a little past midnight. My feet and calves were sore as hell from the long walk; I wonder how many miles I've walked last night. When I got home, I took a shower and went to sleep.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Aug 15, 2003 @ 04:29 PM

I was expecting crazy looting, think about it....NY city, pitch black, no power,no alarms, only a thin layer of glass between you and all sorts of free treasures ;)

The only risk would be trying to survive.

My power went off 2 hours after it came on, for two hours. There was a rumor that they were going to continue cycling the power in this fashion (two hours on, two off) but it's been about two and a half hours since it last came on. So far so good.

Originally posted by Zziggy00+Aug 15, 2003 @ 09:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zziggy00 @ Aug 15, 2003 @ 09:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-IceMan2k@Aug 15, 2003 @ 04:29 PM

I was expecting crazy looting, think about it....NY city, pitch black, no power,no alarms, only a thin layer of glass between you and all sorts of free treasures ;)

The only risk would be trying to survive. [/b][/quote]

yeah, I actually heard that there was less crime in NYC than on a night with power. . . . I suppose all of those people sleeping in the streets helped deter some of that.

Actually, there were buildings with backup generators running to generate some light (e.g., Verizon building still had the big Verizon sign brightly lit) and the cars and other vehicles running around provided plenty of light, at least on the major roadways.

I'm glad I was out of my apartment and back home (though I'd like to have seen the city in complete darkness). My power at home was down for about 8 hours (and I only had 20 minutes of laptop juice!!).

On a side note, my friend's sneaker\clothing stores were looted in Long Island, so shit did happen.

No outages for me. Why? I live in Iowa! The greatest state in this damn country. Nothing beats living in the Cyclone State :) :D :cool: :cheers :hehehe: :smokin:

Yeah it was pretty much hell. Here in Toronto the whole city looked like one big ghost town. Oddly though, I think the city needed to chill out after the way things have been.

Oh....and I think its funny that the Americans are blaming the Candians and the Canadians are blaming the Americans. :D

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Aug 16, 2003 @ 12:03 PM

Yeah it was pretty much hell. Here in Toronto the whole city looked like one big ghost town. Oddly though, I think the city needed to chill out after the way things have been.

Oh....and I think its funny that the Americans are blaming the Candians and the Canadians are blaming the Americans. :D

yeah, those Canadians... oh when will they learn. ;)

:D

Back