ATTN! SX T-Shirt Design Contest!!!

racketboy

Established Member
SX is now taking entries into the SX T-Shirt Design Contest.

Submissions can be made to:

racketboynickNO-SPaM4ME@hotmail.com (without the NO-SPAM4me part)

After the deadline of Friday June 6th, the entries will be posted and everyone will get to vote for their favorite t-shirt design.

The winner of this contest gets a free shirt with their design.

The sale of these shirts will help support the site

Here are some guidelines:

- Keep the number of colors down as much as possible. The less colors per side, the less expensive it will be (no back is much cheaper).

- Entrys must have less than 4 colors (not including the color of the shirt -- but black and white are colors -- different shades of the same color (light blue, dark blue, etc) are also different colors) Got all that?

- Prefered graphics format is an EPS from either Macromedia Freehand or Adobe Illustrator. Demos are availible for these products. If you don't know how to use them, a GIF, PNG, or JPEG is fine.

- TRY to avoid obvious copyrighted things like an image of Sonic the Hedgehog. (unless you're really creative with it)

- Be creative. Try different ideas. Look around the net for free fonts that look cool.

- make a design that will apeal to the majority of the SX audience

- no obsenities etc, please

- you can submit more than one design if you want, but don't bombard me, please.

- Have fun!

BTW, when the entries are posted, I will try to come up with a price quote for each so when people vote, they can take the price into consideration.

So, that is more incentive to keep the number of colors per side down.

Originally posted by racketboy@May 14, 2003 @ 04:18 PM

- Entrys must have less than 4 colors (not including the color of the shirt -- but black and white are colors -- different shades of the same color (light blue, dark blue, etc) are also different colors) Got all that?

just to clarify...if the shirt is white then using white in your logo will or will not be considered one of the 4 colors allowed?

Originally posted by Zziggy00+May 14, 2003 @ 09:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zziggy00 @ May 14, 2003 @ 09:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@May 14, 2003 @ 04:18 PM

just to clarify...if the shirt is white then using white in your logo will or will not be considered one of the 4 colors allowed? [/b][/quote]

no -- if the shirt is white, whatever is white on you design with just show through to the shirt.

If you have a red shirt and want to incorperate that red into your design, it doesn't "count against you".

BUT if you use a different shade of red, it counts as a different color.

Here's my submission:

shirtidea.gif

Black shirt with 4 colors, grey, light grey, master system brown, and off-white.

I spent wayy too much time designing this.

Here's a picture that i'll use to sell my idea:

girlshirt.jpg

If nothing shows up, can someone host these images?

edit: hmm, maybe a phrase is needed.... how about "There is no pause button."?

edit again:

Here's a mock up of a regular tee for the guys, i also added the phrase.:

shirtdude.jpg

Wow, the modboard one says it all. I don't know if it's a bad thing either.

Pretty neat though, J God

Hehe thanks Nadius, it means a lot to me...

You too Slinga
wink.gif

I tried on the first two and the third to use the 3 colors but I dont know if it worked or not... I tried my best.

A know a lot of people aren't fans of "leet" fonts or stupid things like that but fonts can easily be changed
wink.gif

good designs guys

I'm excited to see how this all turns out

Can't wait to go around town wearing a sweet Sega shirt that hardly anybody else has.

Especially at the Gamestop stores and such
tongue.gif

a black and white Sonic with a Sx tattoo on his arm all proud and with the names of all the diff consoles to have been graced with the sega icon... with the sites address at the bottom would be sweet! i'd buy it i'd design it if i could draw
blush.gif

If you guys could give me the weekend i could get my dad the graphic artist to do it up
biggrin.gif

YaY hey i can beg SOA to give me a waiver and if not my dad can make some changes so it can squeak by. off to work i go.

Edit: I've sent the email to SOA and basically tried to sell it as a support object for a great fan site and free advertising for sega products. Both of which are true now its time for hoping for a speedy reply! :cheers

probably not a good idea..

great now they probably won't let us have any shirts

yeah not a great idea...even though we all do have a great likeing to sega products....we do still have a FTP section for getting their games.

one question comes to mind:

what were ya thinking? :huh

Back