"Crack the SEGA Saturn copy protection" contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by croft@Sat, 2005-03-12 @ 02:39 AM

1.Stick boot disk in

2.Swap with original when looking for ring

3.Put boot back in and hey presto - completed appears.

And what is the difference to the well known swap trick here? :(

Well if I understand what youre saying (which is hard, sorry) you are using boot discs by sega or saturn cdr's. Which basicly means we're back to square one. We already discussed that.

Hi Piratero,

Thanks for the post.

The money is a bonus but i like to help gamers like yourselves.

I did take some pictures and will hunt them out as they are on one of my cdr disks.

The boot can be duplicated.

I can help you get the right machine aswell,

I am looking for some more saturns myself as i sold about 7 last year and forgot to keep one.

A freind has one i did for him,I basically bought the Jap machine (white) and replaced its case with a 64 pin bios uk spech machine.

Then i modded it for Jap games and full screen.

I visited him the other night and took 25 games around,all jap games worked fine in cdr format and with booy disk.

I think one game suikurentai was awsome,Its like radiant.

Also Guardian force is a corker of a shooter.

Just let me know you email adree if you can and i am always glad to help people out.

I am an extreme member and can easily get back on the site in the evenings,So please dont wory as i will not forget the posts etc.

All the best,

Ian ;)

Hi,

The boot disk is a backup copy from the original sega one.

It saves having to keep disk swapping all the time and also allows backup cdr to be used.

The boot disk only has to be used once untill you turn the power off.

Its safe to press reset as the memory is still flashed for cdr.

Okay, on what medium did you back it (the original boot disc) up? Plain CDR's or Saturn CDR's. You got to understand that Saturn CDR's are too hard to come by and arent an option for widespread.

This is the only method i know to which saves on chipping the machine.

There is still a disk swap but its only once and is dead simple to do.

This is exactly like the dreamcast booter,But lasts a lot longer untill power is tuned off.

Sorry, i don´t understand what you mean.

You are saying that you have a disc (boot disc?) which you put in the Saturn once before you want to use a CD-R game and swapping when the laser wants to read the security ring!?

IMO this is the same thing as putting in an original CD and performing the swap trick, isn´t it?

thanks for the info croft but i just got my saturn to play backups! anyways, could you please write this in your native language or just give us a list in whatever language. whatever, just give us a very specific list of what you do.

Hi Mr saturn.

The boot cd needa an original sat disk.

The boot cd works in the same way that a game does.

I.E. The laser looks for the outer ring after the code has been read at the start of the disk.

The swap method fools the machine into thinking the disk has it.

Then the boot cd is swapped back into the machine and its process is then loaded.

This only has to be done once.

From then on the machine will not look for any security ring on any disk at all.

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 265
  • sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 273
  • sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 250
i really REALLY do NOT understand what you are saying! could you PLEASE explain yourself so someone can understand you?

edit: could you just take a picture of the "boot disc" you have?

1.insert boot disk

2.swap for original disk when laser is checking for ring

3.3put boot disk back in and let process finish

4.words"completed" appear onscreen

5.press reset and load any cdr.

6.Nivarna

Attachments

• sat_2.jpg
    sat_2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 233
  • sat_2.jpg
    sat_2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 221
  • sat_2.jpg
    sat_2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 237
Originally posted by croft@Sat, 2005-03-12 @ 03:16 AM

Hi Mr saturn.

The boot cd needa an original sat disk.

The boot cd works in the same way that a game does.

I.E. The laser looks for the outer ring after the code has been read at the start of the disk.

The swap method fools the machine into thinking the disk has it.

Then the boot cd is swapped back into the machine and its process is then loaded.

This only has to be done once.

From then on the machine will not look for any security ring on any disk at all.

[post=131283]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok. And this is exactly the way everybody can perform the swap trick without any "boot" cd - i just need an original cd and i can play backups too...

So what is your advantage in comparison to the usual swap trick...???

If i perform the swap trick with a CD-R and an original Saturn game i can play and reset CD-R games too until i turn my machine off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back