Formula Tactics Hacking

Hi Guys Im new to hacking games but just wondered if anyone knew how to open .bin files. Me and my mates are really into Formula Tactics but I'd really like to edit the cars to alter the textures so that they look like the latest 06 teams. Also to change the backgrounds, vids and music if thats possible too.

Ive been looking through the disk looking at the files, but every file is a bin file which I cannot open. Does anyone have any experience in opening these?

I've attached one of the files, it should be a picture of one of the tracks.

Thanks in advance.

Predator002

Attachments

• 5u.zip
    50 KB · Views: 128
  • 5u.zip
    50 KB · Views: 130

Attachments

• 5u.jpg
    5u.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 123
  • 5u.jpg
    5u.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 129
Thanks man, it works like a charm :)

It took me a while to find the right number for some of the files /x320 was sometimes too high. For the icons of the cars i had to be as low as around 24 or something like that.

For some reason I can't work out where the textures for the 3d models are. Im pretty sure the mess below the icons are the textures but i can't find the correct number for it to display correctly. The colours dont match which leads me to believe they arent.

Ive created a new intro using the ITV tv intro so when ready am gonna try replace the intro file. Also ripped itv music to be played and track intros from the show. So should, when done be pretty faithful to f1ITV lol

Big project i know but me and my mates play this game everyday so wanna get as official as possible lol

Predator002

predator002 said:
Thanks man, it works like a charm :)

Great :)

It took me a while to find the right number for some of the files /x320 was sometimes too high. For the icons of the cars i had to be as low as around 24 or something like that.

Sure I did some tests also before finding the right value for the file you sent.

For some reason I can't work out where the textures for the 3d models are. Im pretty sure the mess below the icons are the textures but i can't find the correct number for it to display correctly. The colours dont match which leads me to believe they arent.

It may need other tool, the number of colors can be 8bpp instead of 15bpp

Ive created a new intro using the ITV tv intro so when ready am gonna try replace the intro file. Also ripped itv music to be played and track intros from the show. So should, when done be pretty faithful to f1ITV lol

Nice, hope you'll release it.

Big project i know but me and my mates play this game everyday so wanna get as official as possible lol

Predator002

You should start to prepare the 2007 version as the F1 GP championship is almost finished. Good luck :)

Back