fun fun game

yea go ahead

i was looking for a better pic of congo bongo but i was in a hurry and i knew lemon64 had it but they had the other version with the f'ed up colors but i posted it anyays

btw why isint the pic working now -- did lemon64 do something or sx -- just curious -- if ne1 knows ---no big deal

Originally posted by googlefest1@Sep. 03 2002, 3:43 pm

yea i still have r-type -- i disagree "this" one is but i remember how agrivating it was

r type is the best shooter on ms, sadly, its a horrible port. the sprites are smaller, and the bosses are easier. the stage fades away when u fight them, in the other versions, the level is still there, and the sprites are larger adding to the diff, but its still the best shooter. next is cloud master imo.

it is for those reasons why i wont say it is the best

i feel it is a bad and a good port but when ever that gamne is mentioned i cant get the tubo graphics version out of my head and whish the sms one was like that

ok here we go
Riddle.gif

It´s "Riddle of the Sphinx". Obviously an Atari 2600 game
wink.gif

Here we go (a GREAT multiplayer title):

thumb1.jpg

(I don´t think this game was released on a console ?!)

Looks like one of those cave-flying games like Turboraketti that were oh-so-popular some years ago.

I didn´t know "TurboRaketti"...

But I just played "Turboraketti" on UAE, and you´re close enough, since it´s the "original"...
wink.gif

The picture I posted was from "Roketz", released ´95 by "Bluemoon" for Amiga & PC.

Aw crap, shouldn't have answered.. Oh well, let's continue with the theme "great old multiplayer games":

1.gif

(Oh, and in case you wondered "turboraketti" just means "turbo rocket" in finnish. Many of these cave flying games were made here.)

Originally posted by jo12345@Sep. 09 2002, 1:37 pm

It´s "Riddle of the Sphinx". Obviously an Atari 2600 game
wink.gif

Here we go (a GREAT multiplayer title):

thumb1.jpg

(I don´t think this game was released on a console ?!)

i think you looked at the link back since that was not a well known game at all.

You should host pictures on your personal site I think your provider gives you free space like others. I opened a site only for this topic.
smile.gif

i think you looked at the link back since that was not a well known game at all.

He mentioned a name that is not even mentioned on that page. How do you suppose that he pulled this off by backtracking the URL?

Wow, I stuck with my trusty Amiga 'till 1999 but never heard of this Roketz game...was it for AGA Amigas? Mine's an old 500 (ECS chipset)...albeit much expanded.

About H.E.R.O., sure had me fooled! I played that one on the C64 too but the levels weren't just shades of blue, they were green grass, brown earth etc. with lots of detail... it DID look a lot like Rick Dangerous. :)

Back