Game Saves collect project

Sorry about that. I reuploded them with normal backup bins.

Thank you :) I'm actually using re-uploaded files on Save Data Manager.
I also put both archives as-is, in case of need in the future.

You're welcome. I'm almost running out of stuff to play on the Saturn, so enjoy it while it lasts :p

How about adding a "ReyVGM game feeding thread" here ? ^^

I'm only going to play games that were exclusive to the saturn or that had better versions when compared to the PSX. So yeah, the list is not going to be big, heh.

I still have about 30 games to play, but a lot of them don't save anything relevant. So, let's see how much else I'm going to contribute.

I'm only going to play games that were exclusive to the saturn or that had better versions when compared to the PSX. So yeah, the list is not going to be big, heh.

I still have about 30 games to play, but a lot of them don't save anything relevant. So, let's see how much else I'm going to contribute.

No problem, I was just joking :)

By the way, how would one export a save to a real saturn ram cart to the PC?

Do you mean official memory cartridge ?
There's no best solution to export save from memory cart. The simplest way is to copy it to Saturn, and then dump it with USB dev cart or Action Replay cart + USB Data Link.
And if save data is larger than Saturn's internal memory, there's currently no other solution than physically dump memory chips on the cartridge ... I should do something (= compress cartridge memory, and cut it in several 32KB chunks) about this someday.

Sorry, I meant internal memory. So to take a save game from the internal memory and dump it on a PC you need external cables/hardware?
Well, I should have expected it.

This guy on youtube has a save game I wanted, but it's on a real saturn. So I guess I'm screwed because he's not going to buy cables to dump a save, heh.

Sorry, I meant internal memory. So to take a save game from the internal memory and dump it on a PC you need external cables/hardware?
Well, I should have expected it.

This guy on youtube has a save game I wanted, but it's on a real saturn. So I guess I'm screwed because he's not going to buy cables to dump a save, heh.

Which game is it ?
If it's just few memory blocks, it's still possible to display memory contents on TV, and manually copy it on PC ... that boring, and signal transmission over human is noisy ( :D ), but $0 if your guy on youtube can play Saturn applications on CD-R.
As a bonus, I can lzf compress the save data, and also add error correction stuff (Reed Solomon ? Don't know if makes sense or not in this case) too.

Interested ? Please let me know if so. It could be a funny feature to add in Save Data Manager :)

Virtual Hydlide. Emulator says it takes 288 blocks, is it a lot?

Sorry but I didn't get the part about "signal transmission over human is noisy" and "reed solomon". But yes, I'm interested in anything that makes the tool better, even though I can't really use it because I don't have a Saturn :chris:

One block is 32 bytes, so size would be around ... 10 KB ^^;
You can ask to try Rockin'B save data manager that have some export feature. I don't know if it is suitable for such large save data however.

I should add my solution to save data manager someday :) At least, it's added in my TODO list.

"signal transmission over human is noisy" : normal people always do some error when copying things :)
"reed solomon" : extra data sometimes helping to recover corrupted data.

Thanks for the help, but I guess I'll just drop it. I don't understand how Rocking'B save manager works, can't test it myself on a real saturn so I'm not able to explain to him how to do it.

I think it would be easier to just play the game, even if it takes me weeks to solve.

Thanks for the help, but I guess I'll just drop it. I don't understand how Rocking'B save manager works, can't test it myself on a real saturn so I'm not able to explain to him how to do it.

I think it would be easier to just play the game, even if it takes me weeks to solve.

Sorry. While small save export is relatively simple, exporting large saves safely without extra hardware will require significant coding time on my side, probably more than you playing game from start ^^;

Rockin'-B tools were "high class homebrew tools for Saturn" ... when they were released, but they look old nowadays. That's one of the reasons why I coded my own Saturn Save Data Manager.

Back