• Rise from your gwave!

Is there a way to compress .wavs?

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Bocmaxima, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

I got Megaman X3 off of ralos' server, and it was iso/mp3, so I converted them to wavs to use EZCD95, and did it like it said in the Misc section of the site. The problem is when I went to burn it, it was 3 meg too big? So how do I fix that...sorry, I am not a windows user, and I dont have access to my mac.

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

eh.. no. did you even try to burn it?

you can't compress wavs without the audio track being unusable. try using fireburner or something, ezcd pro sometimes refuses to burn a cd that would actually fit.

3. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

Yes I tried to burn it, and it said it was too big, I went and looked, and it was 3 megs too big.

4. E Nice

E Nice New Member

I don't know if this wil work, but what about editing a couple wav files using Goldwave or whatever wave editor have you. Just snip off the silent parts at the beginning or ends of a couple of them, or all of them. It might trim it down enough in combined file size.

5. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

I dont know if I want the game that bad..lol

6. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

lave off the last audio track

or find a better rip

7. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

I tried taking out three of the longest tracks...no luck, so I will just find it somewhere else...you know, now that we keep talking about it, I want some MegaMan action...dammit!

8. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

You know what, I tried it again and it burnt fine, but there isnt any audio in the game other than sound effects...dammit, this ISO/MP3 buisness sucks.