just a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtx i like the site also come here all the time

i respect the rules sure i make offensive posts once in awhile but that's to make some stupid point about how shit is stupid

i mean the thing is yes to keep order there must be authority no doubt

but to fight a fire by just constantly throwing gas on it doesn't work let it burn out what the fuck.

like the old saying goes you keep picking at a scab it'll bleed.

i mean the thing is just if everyone let it all go then it'll be alright

if people get overly bothersome take actions simple as that warn them if they dont change then ban them

it's a fair system if you get out of control at a bar they'll kick you out simple as that

joe for christsakes its xmas, let it go, your not gonna ruin my holidays, alright Yung Don Dodda, be prepare cuz we gonna get thez nephews in da long run.

Originally posted by joe81@Dec 23, 2003 @ 11:18 AM

if people get overly bothersome take actions simple as that warn them if they dont change then ban them

it's a fair system if you get out of control at a bar they'll kick you out simple as that

As you can tell from the pic he has been warned twice on top of being banned, twice. (re, edited post above).

Joe, I get your drift, and I'm not trying to make an example of lethal, but people need to get a grip. It's not as unfair as everyone makes it out to be.

And joe, keep your chin up these holidays. Lay off the bottle, have a merry christmas.

See you all later. :lol: Good night.

lethal none of my comments were directly aimed at you so dont take offense to me i dont pick personal grudges or make personal comments at anyone(unless they piss me off then i will but that's only happend rarely here)

i just want everything to be balanced here that's all

merry chirstmas to all who celebrate christmas and happy new year for everyone that is having a new year. and happy life to all and to all a good life

If I can point something out here real quick....

It seems painfully obvious most of you guys who were complaining have never tried to mod a decent sized board before. I was a mod over at Shining Force Central for a few years. While that isn't the biggest board in the world, it gets more traffic per day than this site by far. So if I might drop some knowledgeable words, you might wanna listen.

1) The mods and admins aren't getting paid for this. They do it cause they love this place. They agree to help out so they can keep this place as nice as possible. If you aren't fitting in for some reason, that certainly isn't their fault. Maybe you should adjust your attitudes. Hell, I don't even see them getting very special priviledges... probably a mod board to talk about us in private. BFD. Cut them some slack. This place would be a real shithole if you drove away all the people who care about it enough to invest their own valuable time in it.

2) Ice owns this place. His word is god.

3) Pay attention to #'s 1 and 2 and you'll do fine.

Sorry, had to drop my 2 cents. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get some sleep. I have to work at the ice cream place in the mall tomorrow... which just happens to be christmas eve.

*prepares for the onslaught of angry, hurried customers*

It should be on record that both times Lethal has been banned, it was made clear that it was a temporary ban. The second time, for requesting a download in the FTP forum (which, argue all you want, that is what your words implied), *MIGHT* have been let slide if it had not come so soon after coming off his first temp ban.

And to answer the original question, the warning system is something that has been added to more recent updates of the Invision Power Board system. The staff, admins, and mods are going to be utilizing this system along with temporary bans as has been done in the past to help keep things running smoothly and keep members aware of how close they are to a permanant ban.

Originally posted by jupiter_jazz_session@Dec 24, 2003 @ 05:31 PM

BTW mal.... it's not the mods in GENERAL that are doing us an "injustice."

It's you in PARTICULAR.

OK, I'll be more specific.

What is it that I (in particular) am doing that's wrong?

OK you guys lets get some things straight.

Mal has devoted more time to these forums than probably the entire staff put together. He has kept this ragtag mess afloat with an absolute minimum fuss and excellent judgement. However, it seems that this is not enough for certain members and because they can't abide by the rules that are clearly written, choose to attack him.

Changes to the way the forum is run are under discussion. Let me point out that this is not necessarily a good thing. We have liked to keep things fairly relaxed in the past - letting some things slide that a more rigid forum would crack down on. In all likelyhood this will change significantly. The rules will be re-written (the existing content will remain the same, likely with extra rules). You want "fairness"? We'll give you fairness - you will be fairly warned and/or banned like every other member for not following the rules. We will endevour to make these rules absolutely clear to you so that there can be no arguement. We may have to take a zero tolerance approach to rule enforcement.

Let me say this - I can guarantee you that there will be a point of no-return for members repeatedly disregarding the rules as they are spelled out.

I'll finish by saying that Caelestis hit the nail on the head. We do this for the forum, for you. We get no "special" perks other than (as he correctly guessed) a mod forum hidden to regular members. If you can live here by the rules that we have then we welcome you, but if you insist on making an issue out of every perceived grievance you'll walk away disappointed.

Merry Christmas.

OMG, you people are idiots! This board is owned by sx. They can run it however THEY want!

Unless you pay them monthly to use it, then shut the fuck up! You have no rights to complaint. Geez.

I agree I mean I've been suspended (which I still think I should have gotten a warning before ;) ) but I mean The way they run it is great. SX has been around forever and the community is still great for the most part. Everyone comes here to talk about sega and the past and it's fun. Lets not spoil it.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Dec 24, 2003 @ 10:50 AM

OMG, you people are idiots! This board is owned by sx. They can run it however THEY want!

Unless you pay them monthly to use it, then shut the fuck up! You have no rights to complaint. Geez.

<------points to the left. thats what the paypal button is for. i know ive used it before. *hugs sx*

Yes, I'm sure people have donated to the site.. But my point is that nothing in life is fair. That's just difficult to balance out.

I'm not one of those people that want to hear Joe's girly drama every time he's having emotional issues... on this forum! Hmph!

Sorry Joe, but I think you need to talk to girls for that.. they will understand better than any guys!

i like the rule where i cant run my ftp the way i want to, and i have seen multiple occasions where mods on the board asked for games or encouraged piracy, why werent they immediately banned too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back