Misc Observations and News

Here are some misc observations.

1. Game Cube has a gameboy convertor now. Saw the commercial today. Damn.

2. Sega never gave much thought to backward compatibility. Good grief.

3. About 10 minutes ago, Ebay completely changed its sell page layouts. I saw it change. Cool.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jul 8, 2003 @ 12:30 AM

Here are some misc observations.

1. Game Cube has a gameboy convertor now. Saw the commercial today. Damn.

3. About 10 minutes ago, Ebay completely changed its sell page layouts. I saw it change. Cool.

1. Quite awesome. Hope it boosts GC sales.

2. Saturn would have been absolutely sweet with Genesis backwards compatibility, not like it wasn't awesome without it though.

3. I don't like how the Shipping/Payment options is at the bottom now.

Originally posted by jeff-20+Jul 7, 2003 @ 09:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeff-20 @ Jul 7, 2003 @ 09:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>1. Game Cube has a gameboy convertor now. Saw the commercial today. Damn.[/b]

It sort of reminded me of the "Super Gameboy" for the SNES, but it doesn't have a 4 color pallete, and it doesn't hog up a whole port.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jul 7, 2003 @ 09:30 PM

Not many companies have thought about backwards compatability. I think the Gameboy Color was the first system to do it.

<!--QuoteBegin-jeff-20
@Jul 7, 2003 @ 09:30 PM

3. About 10 minutes ago, Ebay completely changed its sell page layouts. I saw it change. Cool.[/quote]

Weird. Oh well, its not like I use ebay that much anyways.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jul 8, 2003 @ 02:30 PM

Can anyone say 'powerbase convertor'?
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by mal+Jul 8, 2003 @ 04:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jul 8, 2003 @ 04:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-jeff-20@Jul 8, 2003 @ 02:30 PM

Can anyone say 'powerbase convertor'?
sarcasm.gif
[/b][/quote]

If more of you bought the PwerBase Convertor, maybe Sega would have considered a Game Gear convertor to compete with the SuperGameboy...

Then later, we'd have a Genesis to Saturn convertor. IT is so obvious that would have kept saturn alive! So, I blame you, the consumers!!

That is perhaps true but another important fact was that most mastersystem games were crap and therefore the powerbase converter seemed more of a novelty than a useful item. And if you LIKED mastersystem games in the first place chances were you would still have the mastersystem when the powerbase converter was released.

That is what's so VEXING about it. I am not sure about the dates, but I don't understand why they didn't hold off for a little while and put out a GameGear convertor. Nintendo could see that players are more likely to have 1 home console and 1 portable console. As opposed to 2 home consoles. It is just strange. Especially considering how close the SMS hardware is to the GG.

The adapter that plugs into your gamegear and lets you play ms games? Wasn't that thing kind of unweildly?

The Megadrive's video hardware doesn't support the GG's extended graphics features, rendering a GG adapter pretty useless.

i saw the ebay thing too i hated it

i have the GBA game cube thing - kind of disapointed with it

and MASTER SYSTEM GAMES WERE THE GREATEST

Originally posted by googlefest1@Jul 8, 2003 @ 03:54 PM

I also bought the Gameboy Player for gamecube.... but now im asking myself why i bought it. I still like playing games on the gba better than the large screen. And i never find myself playing GBA games at home anyways. Unless its when im on the thinking chair.

Originally posted by SegaSquad+Jul 8, 2003 @ 09:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaSquad @ Jul 8, 2003 @ 09:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-googlefest1@Jul 8, 2003 @ 03:54 PM

I also bought the Gameboy Player for gamecube.... but now im asking myself why i bought it. I still like playing games on the gba better than the large screen. And i never find myself playing GBA games at home anyways. Unless its when im on the thinking chair. [/b][/quote]

He said "thinking chair"...

ha ha! That cracks me up!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Once, I had a huge thai dinner and became a philosopher!

Playing SMS games on a GameGear seems a little silly. I'd much rather play Game Gear games on a home system! Why are sega products so complicated?

Yeah I know there are a whole 2 buttons on my genesis sometimes it can be a bitch figuring out which one turns it on and which one resets it. :flamethrower:

I don't understand why they didn't put a plain reset button on the DC though.

Model 2 Sega CD was kind of a pain swapping discs as well.

Saturn was better designed in that respect

Know what I dont get? Why they made the saturn's shell like they did. It seems very boxy and doesn't reflect well on the system itself. I think there was room for them to make it a little more stylish dont you?

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jul 8, 2003 @ 09:05 PM

Why are sega products so complicated?

Before you understand Sega's products, you have to understand the zen of Sega products, grasshopper.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jul 9, 2003 @ 05:13 AM

Know what I dont get? Why they made the saturn's shell like they did. It seems very boxy and doesn't reflect well on the system itself. I think there was room for them to make it a little more stylish dont you?

I wonder what the model 2 redesigned Saturn would have looked like had it lasted that long...

with all the hollow space in the Saturn, I have to believe the shape was intentionally boxy. Maybe, they wanted it to look as different from the Sega CD units as possible. Or maybe powerful due to its impresssive size?

Either way, they almost made up for it all with the Nomad.

One thing I know for sure is: Sega designed the dreamcast to be white to make it appear as different as possible from the past black systems to distinguish it as something "new".

(Or maybe it was because black systems have always been discriminated against. Think about it, White nintendos and playstations have no problem at all selling. The MAN is making sure of that. Black systems never get a fair deal.)

What the hell are you talking about? You mean to tell me these systems didn't do well?

Ps2

Genesis (yes it did do well)

Gamecube

Xbox

The saturn to some extent

There are other systems which did well but I think those are the most prominant of the darker systems.

.. I got the gbplayer, I'll admit, I was let down, but it still is nice playing golden sun, castlevania, and metroid on a big screen, but mostly I think it helps when playing "dark" games in which you can't see things too well. I noticed alot more in castlevania than I did playing it on GBA, but hey its what works for ya. But the master system ( side note) was the best system, with the best games. I recently picked up shinobi for the nes, and MY GOD... this was the worst.port.ever. I mean shit... I can not beleive sega put their name on that crap, but I guess when atari shows up on your doorstep with a cart load of money, its hard to say no...lol...

laugh.gif

Back