Most Frequently Played Games

I have found that the most frequently played games are not necessarily the best games. Some games are just plain addictive or time consumming. So what game have you plugged in the most or put the most hours on?

Which games (by system) do you play most often or clocked the most hours on?

My Answer:

(in order of most played)

1. Mat Hoffman (DC)

2. Nectaris (PC Eng)

3. Risk (Gen)

4. Herzog Zwei (Gen)

5. World Series Baseball 98 (Sat)

6. Steep Slope Sliders (Sat)

7. Bomberman (Sat)

8. Bust a move (Sat)

9. Aero Wing F (DC)

10. SF vs Marvel (Sat)

Not the best, but I play 'em a lot
blush.gif

the games I spend the most time on are usually RPGs just because of their nature...

Skies of Arcadia (DC)

Grandia 2 (DC)

Golden Sun (GBA)

The there's my other favorites, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, and Soul Calibur

In no real order:

1.Tetris

2.Puzzle (bubble?) bobble (the one where you shoot the balls with the crank)

3.DDR 7,5,3,USA (from most to least played)

4.Metal slug (all of 'em)

5.Splatter house (all of 'em)

6.Puzzle fighter

7.Gem fighter

Tetris, Columns, Dance Dance Revolution, GTA2, Streets of Rage 2, One Must Fall 2097, Half Life TFC (In no particular order).

TurboGrafx 16:

Blazing Lazers

Genesis:

Sonic

Sonic 2

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Phantasy Star IV

Beyond Oasis

Golden Axe

Snes:

F-Zero

Super Mario World

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy VI

Super Castlevania IV

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario Rpg

Sega CD:

Lunar: The Silver Star

Lunar: Eternal Blue

Shining Force CD

Saturn:

Shining Force III

Street Fighter Collection

Capcom Generations 5

Nights

Virtua Fighter 2

Playstation:

Suikoden

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Final Fantasy Tactics

Xenogears

Chrono Cross

I'm sure i forgot something...

tony hawk series(DC to PS2)

DDR series (ps2)

Halo (xbox)

Puzzle fighter (sat)

Courier Criss (sat)

Golden Sun (GBA)

Record of Lodos war (DC) spelling?

Toe jam and earl (genesis)

No order, just most played.

Tetris

Tony Hawk series

Winning Eleven series

R-Type (on and off for close on 15 years
blink.gif
. Still haven't made it all the way through, don't make 'em like that anymore)

Sonic series

Streets of Rage possibly

Nearly all the ones I can think of are dictated by the fact that my friends prefer to play stuff like Tony Hawk or whatever. I'm sure the list would be very different if they're tastes were a little more varied. I'd love someone to have a 2 player Ikauga-fest with *wipes away tears*.

Dave Mirra BMX 1 & 2 (PS1 & PS2)

Tony Hawk 2 (Dreamcast & PS1)

Halo (Xbox)

Counter Strike (PC)

Rush 2049 (Dreamcast)

Super Mario Brothers (NES)

Excitebike (NES)

and number 1:

TETRIS

everyday on my TI-86 calculator at school.

I CAN NOT believe you actually play sonic for longer than 15 minutes. I love games like that, but...

I love Soul Calibur, but I can only play it for a half an hour. It's an amazing game with a short attention span. Good quick rush, but doesn't "preoccupy me much".

If you want a game that's good for short attention span syndrome and also has tons of replay value, get Wario Ware Inc. That's what I find myself playing a lot ever since May 28th. I've put at least 10 hours into it.

Other stuff I play:

- any Shining Force (getting all those characters and lvl.ing up takes lots of time)

- any Tony Hawk (same thing, unlocking everything is so time consuming)

- Feet of Fury (purchased) great homebrew/new DC game/dance game

- Dr.Mario (NES) 100hrs.+ (not lying!) I know, it sickens even me.
laugh.gif

Let's see. Games I play freqently are Tetris (most addictive puzzle game ever!), Bomberman, occasionally Dr. Mario and DDR at the arcades. From time to time, I also get cravings for Double Dragon, Megaman, Metal Slug, and Magical Drop. Oh, and also cravings for shooters... my, what a list!

The reason why I don't play many games which require saves/ passwords (eg. nearly all games on 128bit systems) is because I simply can't find the time to do so..? yeah, maybe. Or perhaps I just enjoy fast-paced, quick thinking games that you can just jump into without having to go through a fat story line. Not that I dislike games with stories, though we're talking about frequently played games here, and games which have big stories (mostly RPG's), I tend to only play every once in a while. Though, if you get hooked on something/ or are just plain bored, you can end up playing anything. Such as Wario Ware as SegaFreak commented on, which I was bored and had nothing to do so just clocked the game.. about 5 hours - though I don't know why it would have great replay value, SegaFreak - The game is shit (apart from mug catch which cracks me up). Though a very good puzzle game that I played recently was Kuru kuru kururin! It's been out for a while now and I recommend purchasing it. Great game. Not your typical 'block' oriented puzzle game, but rather an original concept which works wonders
biggrin.gif
I got hooked on this game and eventually clocked it aswell. Woo. Enough rambling, I've off to tea!
smile.gif

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jun 16, 2003 @ 12:51 PM

I CAN NOT believe you actually play sonic for longer than 15 minutes. I love games like that, but...

Well, most of that comes from being a kid and only having a few games. It's kind of hard to imagine only getting one or two games a year now.

I think I thought up every possible way to finish the first two Sonic games (hands behind my back, right hand on the d-pad - left on the buttons). I wouldn't like to think how much time I spent on them. I did put a lot of time into getting the SA2 emblems as well, so I guess that contributes.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jun 16, 2003 @ 01:57 AM

Such as Wario Ware as SegaFreak commented on, which I was bored and had nothing to do so just clocked the game.. about 5 hours - though I don't know why it would have great replay value, SegaFreak - The game is shit (apart from mug catch which cracks me up).

I thought it was slightly abouve the quality of "shit", personally. Maybe I would rate it more at the "entertaining crap" level.

By "replay value" I meant that you can play it over and over again and it's a great game for boring moments and trips because you can accomplish many things in such a small ammount of time. It took me under a minute to complete the first level. When I won the game, I went back and played the first level, opened up some new games, played those games, blah blah blah. So it has replay value in a sense.

Odyssey2 (aka Videopac G7000): K.C.'s Munchkin

C64: don't remember
blush.gif
Summer Games and Jumpman I guess

Amiga: Frontier - Elite II, Benefactor, Venus the Flytrap

PC: Tomb Raider (all of them) by far... After that, Sierra's Viper Racing and Monkey Island III

Saturn: Radiant Silvergun, Daytona USA CCE, PD Zwei, Choro Q Park, don't remember what else...

DC: Vanishing Point <-- addicted, Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, Zero Gunner 2

I actually haven't played anything in quite a while. Damn shame.
sad.gif

Edit: I cannot believe I forgot Tetris on the Gameboy Color.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Jun 16, 2003 @ 04:15 AM

Saturn:

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Aracde:

Street Fighter Alpha 2

PC/rom:

Street Fighter Alpha 2

:agree

rolleyes.gif
silly us for not guessin'!

My most played games (of present) are (in no order)

STHA (Sat)

Sonic Adventure (DC)

Secret Of Mana (SNES)

Mischief Makers (N64)

Capcom Vs SNK 2 (DC)

Crazy Taxi (DC)

Neverwinter Nights (PC)

Unreal Tournament (PC)

Nights Into Dreams (Sat)

Starfox 64 (N64)

I find myself often playing:

Rock n' Roll Racing (Genesis)

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn
biggrin.gif
)

Death Tank Zwei (Saturn, I like Zwei better than the first)

Shining Force II (Genesis)

Wing Arms (Saturn)

Worns (Saturn)

Back