My next arcade machine

mal

Established Member
I'm resigned to the fact that my F1 Exhaust Note machine is going to have to go because I don't have the room for it - it's too big and bulky.

I've always wanted to get or build a machine that I could easily put my System 16, 18, 32, ST-V and now NAOMI games into and one that a small PC could fit into to play some games with MAME too.

I've toyed with the idea of building a rather hefty cocktail machine with a 29" 15/24/31KHz monitor and controllers on 3 sides so that you can play both horizontal and vertical games the way they are meant to be.

On the other hand, it's going to be an awful lot of work building one from scratch and I think I only own one or two vertical games anyway, hence the thought of buying a Sega cabinet.

Cocktail machine:

ss_4286_1.jpg

Astro City cab:

ss_4067_1.jpg

What do you think?

Astro City. They're some of the best cabs made, and although the cocktail idea is nice, I don't think cocktail cabs are comfortable for long gaming sessions.

hmmm, i like the cocktail machine... the arcade games I always played were on these so I have grown to love em' (only arcade games around were usually in the pizza shop or the sort... only real arcade was Tilt at the mall and I never played their crappy games!)

I don't want to high jack this thread but look at what I just got.

astro.jpg

I know the pic is bad because it is hard to take a picture in that mess I have. It is a excellent cabinet. I really like the light that comes on at the top and the screen quality is very nice. :bow The only problem I have so far is having to put some extra buttons on the machine. (If anyone has info on how to install them I would really appreciate it.)

Back