Mystery Hospital translation English thirst, and french later.

Hello, I am in the process of completing the translation of "The Mystery Hospital" (1997). First in English, and then subsequently in French, of course.
If I run out of time, I will come back to you, but normally, it should go very quickly.This game ==>

I am resuming the translation from the team that previously worked on it for the Ps1. Everything will be duly credited, of course; it's a straightforward conversion of the translation.

Have a great day!

Work in progress

==>

Last edited:
Work in progress
"Contennu inconnu" sorry . It's editing !

Attachments

• ex.png
    ex.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I will get back to you on the forum and share screenshots of certain translations. I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the translation.

I have kept the working files to make modifications. I am attaching a screenshot; please tell me what is wrong. Thank you. (English is not my native language)"

Attachments

• ex2.png
    ex2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thank you .

Work in progress==> 13/11/23

Yo, translator of the PS1 version here! I went ahead and uploaded the image translations we used to the public R?MJ GitHub repo, so they should be easier to reference if you want to use ours at all. Uploaded as a PDF here - rmj/graphics/RMJ_Graphic_Translations.pdf at master · Eight-Mansions/rmj

Good luck!
This will be helpful to me, thank you very much. For now, everything is going well. Fortunately, I was able to recover some pre-made files for PS1. As for the other elements, it required some customization. But it's taking shape!

Thank you, in any case, it's progressing well. The longest part will be subtitling the videos; I need to re-encode everything to embed the subtitles!

Last edited:
I will get back to you on the forum and share screenshots of certain translations. I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the translation.

I have kept the working files to make modifications. I am attaching a screenshot; please tell me what is wrong. Thank you. (English is not my native language)"

I don't really see any spelling errors - maybe "dagon fungus" is supposed to be "Dragon Fungus"? I have never heard of or seen this game, but it looks super interesting (Sega Saturn hospital simulator?? yes!).

What I did notice is the capitalization is not consistent. It doesn't really matter if you just want to play the game, but as far as polish goes - I'd stick to one or the other. This is pretty minor so don't take any of this seriously, I just saw you were looking for feedback and this is all I have, lol.

You could decide to keep everything uppercase. This is typical in engineering, and early video games - due to fonts not being readable at poor resolutions. Also programmers often didn't have the time or skill to design readable fonts with both cases.

Or, you could capitalize the first letter. That would be fine - the text appears pretty clear, and it would look really good. if it's not much work, that's what I would do. Maybe you could run a script to keep the capitalization consistent.

I think the worst choice based on what I know of typography would be to use all lower case. But either way - none of them affect the translation, but I would try to make one choice, and stick to it.

Of course if it's too much work, I wouldn't worry about it - completing your translation is more important than upper/lower case!

*Fun fact: early writing didn't care about or use capitalization at all, at least formally. That really didn't start until like the 15th century*

I will do the same as compared to the PDF.
Anyway, I saved everything as a PDF, I can edit it very easily.

it's a survival horror FMV

Attachments

• pdf rnc.png
    pdf rnc.png
    694.1 KB · Views: 56

Does it mean something? (I did an audio translation test)
(no good translation... IA....)

With subtitle

Last edited:
This looks super cool.

Given that it is the same developer as Torico, I was wondering an undub patch with subtitles could be feasible for that game? It could use a similar subtitle set up to R?MJ.

I had to re-encode the videos. I know that on Myst, there is a procedure for injecting subtitles over the videos.

Torico has been a project in mind for some time, but there are a lot of videos...

At the moment I'm looking at AI for audio (excluding video)

There is a huge amount of audio (275) which are subtitled in ps1 translation; this procedure is not yet possible on Saturn. So I'm looking at an AI that synthesizes several voices for me...

The translation on PS1 modifies the executor and injects subtitles for each audio and video file during playback.

The audios are simply in AIFF format (similar to WAV), and the videos for this game are in CPK format.
Thanks to the latest video and audio modification tool, it is very easy and convenient to change the audio without re-encoding (Sega Saturn Film Tools 2.1.0).

MYST SUBTITLE

Attachments

• myst.png
    myst.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm reaching out to you. So, I've managed to translate about a hundred files. I encounter a few bugs from time to time. I'll delve deeper into the executable to address this. But overall, things are progressing well; it's already functioning quite smoothly. Just need to debug.

We can hear the translated audio clearly. However, some of them must have pointers; I need to be careful. There are a few interruptions, and some start looping. I think it's nothing serious :)

Last edited:
I've had a very busy week and weekend. I still did some tests for the audio, it seems to work if we respect the "original" time. I'm looking for tally data for file lengths to put me at ease.

So I took advantage of the weekend to make progress on the restoration of the arcade machines to clear my mind.

What’s new in this update?
The new features include stabilized sprites, as well as English dubbed audio (which unfortunately comes later in the game). "Burntends" is in charge of dubbing with a team. And I transcribe everything into Sega Saturn compatible format, so the PS1 version may also be affected in the future.

So the audio must be directly in English because it's not subtitle-able. There's no other choice for the Saturn version!

Back