other than PDS and SFIII....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cloud121

Website
www.geocities.com
what RPGs you guys recommend for Saturn? I'm in desperate of a good console RPG. I'm getting my Sega CD in two - three days, and I've got all five major RPGs for that (Lunars, Vay, Popful Mail, Snatcher), bit I need one for Saturn, plus since i got my PSX taken away at my dad's, all I've got is my 32x and Genesis, and no RPGs for that (I NEED some FF badly :()

nutcase111

Website
Visit site
They did not make many rpg games i the states, games

i would say is albert oddsesy( can't spell) and shining of

the holy ark that were in english.

CrazyTaxi

Website
www.angelfire.com
There's Magic Knight Rayearth, Shining Wisdom too

Japanese: Grandia, SF3 S2,3,Premium, Wachenroder (i never played that one)

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
I'd say Shining the Holy Ark, your traditional type of RPG. I loved the gameplay and great music. Too bad they didn't make the music in CDDA form though :(

BTW, since Shining the Holy Ark came out first, much of the game engine was used to make Shining Force III, just as in the case with Shining in the Darkness and the Shining Force games for the Genesis IIRC.

Edit: My bad, Shining in the Darkness was a Genesis game; it's corrected now :)

(Edited by MasterAkumaMatata at 9:21 pm on Oct. 22, 2001)

RadSil

Website
www.siloromano.com
Dark Savior is probably the most underrated RPG on the Saturn... I played all 5 parallels of that 3 times over. Good stuff.

ExCyber

Staff member
If you're willing to go beyond straight traditional RPG, Legend of Oasis is great :).

TheMac

Website
Visit site
Nother vote for Dark Savoir...

Albert Od is okay too, if a bit slow...

+ there's Mystaria if you can find it

Stealth0707

Website
Visit site
Definitely go for Dragon Force and Shining the Holy Ark. I have never played Dark Savior, though. I should check it out sometime...

CyberWarriorX

Website
www.cyberwarriorx.com
Well, if you're also into strategy rpg's as well... Ever consider playing a game from the Langrisser series? ;)

Also along those lines is Dragon Force.

Cyber Warrior X

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
Hey, the mac, the ereason its hard to find mystaria is because the game was only produced under that name in extremely limited quantities. The renamed version is easy to come by though, it was called blazing Heros I believe. I havn't played any RPGs for my saturn other then Panzer Dragoon Saga unfortunatly, so I can't add anything else to this.

Mo Threat

Website
Visit site
Yup, Blazing Heroes and Mystaria are the same game. I found out only after d/l-ing both. I wasn't amused. ;)

NeoZeed

Website
Visit site
Here's a list of the best saturn rpg's, in my humble opinion : Langrisser 4, Chaos seed ( the most underrated saturn rpg ! Very steep lurning curve, beware ! ), Shin megami Tensei aka Soul hackers ( my first choice, excellent, excellent rpg ), Tengai Makyou the apocalypse 4, puyo puyo ( not puyo puyo dungeon, the first one that came out ). Princess crown, if you like your rpg's with a touch of Faxanadu...