pondering... Hurricane Katrina

I've been reading that blog for a while - it's cool what the guy is doing, but at the same time, he seems like kind of a dickhead. I wonder if he's going to continue to ignore the evacuation order now that they're supposed to be forcing people out.

I suspect he has permission to stay for a number of reasons. First because he seems to have gotten diesel for his generator through somewhat official means (he mentiones being a bit below some hospitals on a priority list for this) and they managed to get a relief team in just recently (you can't just stroll into the city at the moment).

There is plenty of blame to go around, both on federal and state levels. FEMA has been incredibly innefective since being moved into the Dept of Homeland Security. Disaster relief plans are organized and approved by the Gov, Pres and FEMA. This was an enormous failure of leadership, Rep and Dem. However, the AMerican spirit has thrived. Look what we the people have done. My state (MN) has loaded up 22 trucks of supples and sent down to that region.

Originally posted by schi0249@Wed, 2005-09-07 @ 10:30 AM

There is plenty of blame to go around, both on federal and state levels. FEMA has been incredibly innefective since being moved into the Dept of Homeland Security. Disaster relief plans are organized and approved by the Gov, Pres and FEMA. This was an enormous failure of leadership, Rep and Dem. However, the AMerican spirit has thrived. Look what we the people have done. My state (MN) has loaded up 22 trucks of supples and sent down to that region.

[post=139327]Quoted post[/post]​

Well it certainly doesn't help that the leaders of FEMA that Bush appointed are just his campaign leaders and have NO disaster relief experience at all.

Appointing your buddies and making them rich at the cost of thousands of lives.

I am happy and glad to see that so many people keep well-informed by trusted unnamed sources, dubious websites, and partisan observations aimed at satisfying one's own viewpoints. We need to keep along at this tilted scale, or else how would anything change in the world, dear friends?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9311876/

White House spokesman Scott McClellan scorned the Cuban proposal last Thursday when asked if the president would consider accepting the Cuban help.

“When it comes to Cuba,” said McClellan, “we have one message for Fidel Castro: He needs to offer the people of Cuba their freedom.”

Yayyyy Bush cabinet.

Mike Brown has apparently been replaced by a Coast Guard Vice-Admiral.

edit: sure enough, early info was misinterpreted and/or wrong... I'm not sure if the CG guy is temporarily in charge of Katrina recovery or if that was just bad info altogether, but apparently Bush appointed someone elseto head FEMA.

Back