PSO V2

There have been many problems surrounding PSO v2....first of all the majority of people can't connect using the url (only on dc...connection problem) provided on the DC by Sega to purchase the Hunter's License...

if u can't get to it using a DC then use your PC or use this on your DC https://www.dricas.com/pso/us/signup.html

Next Problem....finding a free ISP that works

Since you must purchase the hunter's license for $15 why not try to get the internet connection for free.

(the following is for pso v2)

Juno - doesn't work

Dot Not - works for internet/pso1 not 2 (tell me if u get it to work)

Netzero - get the error message, plz upgrade

At first I could not even get Dot Now to connect to urls like sega.com....i upgraded the browser, that fixed that issue

When i tried dot now with pso v2 online....the game said "connecting to the world of pso"

then it froze....after a min or two...the server selection background appeared but so did the message....

"you were disconnected due to a networking error in the server"...something like that...

this is believed to be caused by the free isp...

Any ideas? (other than paying for the ISP...that's the last resort)

Oh...and i live in Canada...

(Edited by CrazyTaxi at 5:51 pm on Oct. 7, 2001)

ive read on another DC forum that apparently in the effort to wipeout hacking/cheating etc etc Sega has made PSO v2 so that ONLY the Earthlink (aka Sega.net) paid ISP works with PSO v2 (dosent that just suck) sega apparently did this to further make the game secure and also make it easier to ban cheaters etc

but there were some unconfirmed reports saying people had gotten into PSO v2 without using Earthlink, but i think that was using the japanese version of the game (which incedentally appears to charge less of a monthly fee to play, interesting yes?)

I used to use Juno too but now it doesn't work for me any more on both PSO and PSO v2...

I ended up paying for an ISP now (not earthlink) and it works great...

What exactly did u do to the username?

Whenever i try netzero it says that you need to upgrade...but you can't do that on the DC...i tried using the web browser v2.6...as opposed to the orginal one that came with the DC but i got the same results...

Quote: from Shinshiro on 9:31 am on Oct. 8, 2001

ive read on another DC forum that apparently in the effort to wipeout hacking/cheating etc etc Sega has made PSO v2 so that ONLY the Earthlink (aka Sega.net) paid ISP works with PSO v2 (dosent that just suck) sega apparently did this to further make the game secure and also make it easier to ban cheaters etc

but there were some unconfirmed reports saying people had gotten into PSO v2 without using Earthlink, but i think that was using the japanese version of the game (which incedentally appears to charge less of a monthly fee to play, interesting yes?)

Hehe, good thing I have the Japanese version.

100th post! Yay for me!

PSO v2 does NOT require Earthlink. I have friends that use their Broadband adapters that do NOT go through earthlink.

Check out PlanetPSO.com for more about PSO.

Well it costs $15 for to purchase a Hunters License (lasts 3 months...then u can buy a new one for another 3 months) and then you need to pay for an isp if you can't get the free isps to work...

(Edited by CrazyTaxi at 11:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2001)

Sega just calls it a Hunter's License because that's what the characters are referred to in the game as...Hunters....

When you fill out the form for this it basically registers your serial # and access key for 3 months in the PSO v2 database so that you can access the game online....

Back