PSP: First real video w/Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

A Japanese video released by Yomiuri News shows the PSP first time running in someone’s hands and not connected to kiosk. The 3.5MB video shows the PSP with Gran Turismo 4 Mobile und Dokodemo Issho.

Originally posted by Josh from PSPInsider

The Japanese news source Yomiuri has some video of the PSP running a demo, while being held in a user’s hands. When the PSP was first shown at E3, like most portable units, it was connected to a centralized server; the PSP was not running on its power. This is the first video of the PSP running on its own, and is further proof that hardware development is complete. If game developers don’t have finalized units already, they should have them very shortly.
commented Josh from PSPInsider.

Click to download the video:

PSP Demo (Yomiuri) 3.5MB Windows Media

From Lik-Sang

agreed Lord.

Looks cool, but I am lookin for a new game experience, not PS2 titles ported to a handheld, cool and all bt I rather play on the big screen sittin back in the lay-z-boy. I do like the design, the screen rocks the most I think. The sheer thinness of the systemk amazes me a lil as well. Good job Sony, hopefully this will creat a lil competition so the big N will come out with more cool shit in the handheld market.....hopefully the DS will be that cool new shit, yet to be seen.

Haven't seen the video, but I assume it's a rolling demo?

What guarantees it's running in real time? The PSP can run MPEG4 natively, and I doubt the Gran Turismo team would get the whole engine running pronto so quickly.

--EDIT--

Real time my arse. That's surely a pre-recorded video, there's traces of video editing all over the place, including blend transitions.

Got link?

If you're going to call it old, you really should back it up, otherwise you start to sound like Cecilia...

Still waiting for a link. :p

I really must be getting old myself, because I'd never consider a piece of news from a week ago to be old.

Its not *old news* to be old would have to be released like one month ago or more, its not breaking news though, the video of DS running metroid prime in real time was more enjoyable, crazy gameplay. The PSP doesn´t bring nothing new to the table just PS2 ports at least Nintendo learned from the GBA and its SNES ports and did something new.

Well I assume stuff like this would be old for anyone like Des or CC who lives in Asia or is a part of that community. They in general get a lot of stuff sooner than in North America. Like for instance, right now I think a lot of people here would consider something like a "Treamcast" rare now, but for them, I bet its just average junk they could get anytime if they wanted one.

Originally posted by mal@Aug 16, 2004 @ 02:45 AM

If you're going to call it old, you really should back it up, otherwise you start to sound like Cecilia...

I do not know who Cecilia is, but Cecilia is a nice name, I would not mind you calling me that.

Ahh the internet. A pool of anonymity in which I can say whatever I like.

But in all seriousness you arent annoying, really. Just elitest. Which is fine I guess.

Back