PSX release! / Level X Expo Open!

Des-ROW

Established Member
Here you have some pictures of the Sony PSX release and from the Nintendo Level X Expo (Famicom's 20th birthday), I hope you enjoy these!

~ Here you have some pictures of different stores

bic01.jpg

bic02.jpg

bic03.jpg

bic05.jpg

bic06.jpg

bic07.jpg

bic08.jpg

psx011.jpg

psx044.jpg

wow, the controller ports are in the back, dunno if I like that... nothing like taking a controller cable and actually making it shorter by having it plugged in further away.

I so wish I lived in Japan... Country looks great. :(

I don't llike the PSX... Looks cheap and tacky... Would be nicer in silver ;)

It looks pretty plain. They cut back on a couple of things at the last minute, too, saying they were pressured to get it out in time for the holiday rush. Honestly it isn't a bad idea, but for that much money, I don't know how well its going to do in the long term. I'd rather build a dedicated PC in a small form factor, or just live with a plain old DVD recorder using DVD+RW. The PSX is supposed to be very easy to use, which is good for the average consumer I guess, but most people can figure out how to use a TV tuner on a PC and how to operate Dr. Divx or whatever. They did mention it would be possible to update its software, but not what they were planning to add. As someone else mentioned, the PS2 part of it was almost slapped in there "just cause", and isn't really being used.

Kidderz: You could always paint it, with some instant chrome spraypaint, or you could be like that crazy guy on the DC emu forums and use aluminum tape. Of course, his job was harder, since the Dreamcast is all curvy and stuff. But it actually looks pretty cool.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 15, 2003 @ 05:21 PM

wow, the controller ports are in the back, dunno if I like that... nothing like taking a controller cable and actually making it shorter by having it plugged in further away.

It is all about aesthetics, I was a little dissapointed when I noticed that the Memory Card slots are in the front... now I have an excuse to paint my MemCard white ^^

Would be nicer in silver

Get a Limited Edition Silver PlayStation2! ^^! I have one!

You could always paint it

I wouldn't do that at all... the last thing you should do to this system is opening it up...

Cool pics on the level X expo. Gotta say I don't like the looks of the PSX though... that has to be some of the worst looking mainstream industrial design I've seen since the mid nineties. Does make me kind of hungry for pizza tho.

EDIT: Why shouldn't you open it up? I can only assume it's pretty easy to sort out with a case that size.

EDIT2: 5th picture down... there are only like three people in that pic who aren't wearing blue.. kind of surreal isnt it?

I also don't like the grey trim kinda cheapens the look.

I expencted more of a shine too

hey for that kind of money -- I want it looking GOOD.

if i had a few more dollars in the bank i'd go to japan eat a bunch of traditional food and buy one of those psxs.

(i have a weakness when it comes to trying new foods that are traditional)

Back