Racing games

And I confirmed that the U.S. version of CCE does not have the night-racing modes...

I can confirm that the PAL version of Daytona CCE doesnt have this either. Its my fav racing game anyway though, toghether with Sega Rally, which brings up the point :

The graphics ARE spectacular though, even beating Sega Rally IMHO.

Hmm thats tough to judge. The graphics in NFS are fantastic. Especially considering that there is no popup, even not at the mountain level (with the nice tunnels, waterfalls and forest). Even in two-player mode the pop up is low. But id still say that Sega Rally is better. It runs faster and the graphics look more real and lush in some way. However, they are quite different games so it is hard to compare them.

Hehe thanks to 2 great people I have Wangan Trial Love and Tactics Formula
biggrin.gif
Daniel do you want some pic for your collection ?

Wangan Trial Love and Tactics Formula Daniel do you want some pic for your collection ?
Yes please, that would be great! I just thought about a thing, should a create a certain page for every game, since the pictures starts to get quite many. If you have broadband its ok but 56k
sad.gif

I compress the files the best I can on my 56k I downloaded much more than small pic (complete games for instance
smile.gif
)

here is a small image with few pics :

wangantriallove.jpg

Oh and Tactics Formula is NOT a racing game. It's a cross between a Tactical, a board game and Formula One.

We had a (real) board game pretty similar to it in France called "Formule Dé" (means "Formula Dice", maybe you had it in other countries ?).

Wangan Dead Heat is better than Wangan Trial Love in terms of gameplay, btw.

That's good to know Chaz... Thank you
biggrin.gif
I only found one copy of Wangan Trial Love on eBay for $38.00 with a buy-it-now of $50.00 ... and that's just a little too steep for me. * says the guy who paid $125 for Stellar Assault * Besides, there's always Code R .....
cool.gif

TF is 1P/2P/3P/4P and can be played either with a multitap or just one joypad, as the game is turn-based.

Wangan TL is 1P/2P (have to doublecheck that, but from memory all the Wangan games had a Vs. mode, anyway vbt will confirm or correct that ^^)

btw for those who wonder it's indeed the sequel of Wangan Dead Heat on SS and Wangan Trial on PS and here is the "real" Wangan :

map.gif

Originally posted by CHAZumaru °_°@Apr 27, 2003 @ 10:02 AM

Wangan TL is 1P/2P (have to doublecheck that, but from memory all the Wangan games had a Vs. mode, anyway vbt will confirm or correct that ^^)

I confirm
smile.gif
there is a VS mode but never tried it, I only went to the 2P cars selection....

Note that after you made your move (screen on the bottom right) the track lightens and you see the real background (it darkens during your moves to make the selection clearer), and once every car made their move you switch to a TV-like "close to the action" 3D point of view of the race that shows the cars moving in the same time, pretty cool.

Could you make a screen of that part, vbt ?

Here it is, it was hard for me to make it. It's the best (technically) part of the game.

TacticFormula2.jpg

Goddamn! That's a Saturn game? ;)

I suppose you used GiriGiri? The graphics are high res, and it's fully anti-aliased...

Back