sega has emulated the sega saturn but won't share

Status
Not open for further replies.

is there a way to disable sound?

i am asking cos i get an error message saying "hardware does not support directsound, performance reduced drastically".

maybe i have to get a new soundcard :/

i tried updating to latest drivers [avance als4000.sys] but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

i have a 1ghz, gf 4 ti 4200, but am only getting 15-20fps for radiant silvergun.

SUPERGROM what FPS were you getting for Radiant Silvergun?

Also a question for anyone that knows, so should every single saturn gameout there have the warning track?

Well, originally sega required that any game with no audio tracks normally be required to have at least 1 warning track in case anyone decided to pop the disc in their cd player(probably was done so no one could sue them in case their blew their speakers). Though for all intents and purposes, you can easily strip those warning tracks off and the games will still work in a real saturn. I guess in the case of girigiri perhaps it's one of the ways it detects whether or not you're using a real saturn disc.

seems like i am not the only one with the directsound error.

Must be some weird driver problem, i tried directx diag and it says my sound does not support "hardware buffering" i think this may be the cause.

i even tried disabling sound alltogether, but then the emulator wouldnt start at all.

since a number of people have reported this, Gavionne can you make any suggestions??

Originally posted by Supergrom@Apr 11, 2003 @ 10:41 PM

I can tell you how many fps if someone tells me the command to display them. I would guess around 10 though (i would call 15-20 playable; its not perfect, but with frameskipping its playable)

press F4 while playing any game

Originally posted by uwfan_us@Apr 11, 2003 @ 10:11 PM

seems like i am not the only one with the directsound error.

Must be some weird driver problem, i tried directx diag and it says my sound does not support "hardware buffering" i think this may be the cause.

i even tried disabling sound alltogether, but then the emulator wouldnt start at all.

since a number of people have reported this, Gavionne can you make any suggestions??

i'm getting that directsound error. i don't know what to do. i am giving up and playing christmas nights on my REAL saturn. screw this shit for now.
angry.gif

I also get the direct sound error, and gave a look at dxdiag, and it also tells me that hardware buffering ain`t supported. So I guess that`s the source of the problem. Pretty annoying isn`t it?

I am having a few problems with it

First occured when I took out my Nights cd and made an iso of it. It had two country codes, USA and some other country, which made AREA=4 still not make it work, made it think the disk was unsutable.

Second is using -DISK, I cannot get it to even look at my cd drives, it just always thinks the drive is empty without even checking it. Anyone think they can help me with this?

Oh, and how I I enable all that texture filtering, etc, to make the pologynal graphics look better?

P.S. Using a hex editor I saw interesting commands, such as "GetCDDeviceConnection" and hundreds of others, including the common ones like "InputDevice" and "TextureFilter". So can anyone find out what these other commands do?

Too bad since this is made by sega and closed source we will likely never see PAR/save state/netplay support.

How to include TextureFilter in GiriGiri?

I saw on some screenshots, that texture are smoothed

at me such is not present.

ç.û. my video card GeForce 2 MX400

I've found an interesting glitch in the emu!

I have 2 cd-rom drives (one of them is RW)

I'm using win98 ---- when I insert a game cd into my first cd-drive - the emu says that the drive is empty.

However if I insert ANY cd into the second drive the emu recognizes the cd without a question!

So to play the cdgame I have to insert the game cd into the FIRST drive and any other cd in the second, otherwise -"Dive door open"
rolleyes.gif
!

Originally posted by emazur@Apr 12, 2003 @ 07:36 AM

I also get the direct sound error, and gave a look at dxdiag, and it also tells me that hardware buffering ain`t supported. So I guess that`s the source of the problem. Pretty annoying isn`t it?

Same for me
sad.gif

Iceman says no tips for getting games to work better

If most of you guys SCROLL BACK and read the WHOLE post, you'll find out:

A) How to use the CD drive (by adding a line to USER.INI file, in windows\profiles\saturn, and using a *good* CD-ROM drive, and installing good ASPI drivers - the lastest from forceAspi did it for me)

B) That the sound error is a mistranslation and prolly a emulator bug. Nearly everyone got that error msg.

C) That nobody could activate filtering in the emulator itself yet, and my screenshots ONLY have filtering because my GF2MX drivers are buggy, and will use filtering on everything that uses HAL rendering.

to M3d10n:

If it is possible

Whence download " GF2MX drivers are buggy "

About the sound cards... it might not really be a mistranslation. Maybe its an overstatement, but the emulator seems to use sound hardware pretty heavily. So if you're using an old/shoddy/onboard soundcard, it will perform significantly worse depending on the game. In 3D PC games this is obvious, but this is the first emulator i've seen that makes a real big issue about it, though ever since I bought my soundcard i notice Gens more reliably keeps at 60 fps instead of speeding up and slowing down (mainly with 32X games).

Anyway, something like an Audigy 2 would of course be lovely, but if you're looking for a pretty kickass soundcard for a decent price a Fortissimo III performs almost as well. I don't know how well SB Live! does in this sorta situation, my friend has one and it seems to work fine but im not entirely sure how much it boosted him above his onboard. I know my Fortissimo II and my other friend's Audigy 2 seem to accelerate sound pretty well and decode MP3s in hardware (CPU usage doesnt go up).

Got it now. Is there any way at all to use a CD in WinXP? I've tried ForceASPI but it didn't do anything...

Is there any logical reason why it DOESN'T work in XP? I can't think of one...

I can't seem to get the characters to display on Dead or Alive...
sad.gif

Originally posted by yuc02@Apr 12, 2003 @ 02:13 PM

I can't seem to get the characters to display on Dead or Alive...
sad.gif

Just get the arcade version and play it on that Model 2 emu.. Nebulam..
wink.gif

Texture Filtering still isn't working for me.. O well.. Luckily, I've got TV out..
biggrin.gif

Has anyone else got Dead or Alive working properly? Also, could you all post any games you don't think works under GiriGiri?

When clicking on the image in GLAUNCH to start a game:

CD-ROMƒ‰ƒCƒuƒ‰ƒŠ‚Ì?‰Šú‰»‚ÉŽ¸”s‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½?B

?ݒ肪?³‚µ‚¢‚©‚Ç‚¤‚©Šm”F‚µ‚Ä‚‚¾‚³‚¢

[It failed in initialization of the CD-ROM library. Please verify whether or not setting is correct]

I'm on Windows XP, so I'm not too surprised about this error.

And Bug stopped when it got to the "SEGA Awayteam" screen. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back