Sega Saturn Patcher

Sega Saturn Patcher Discussion Thread 1.91 BETA

There is a gameshark/AR code you can use. 16002F18 E000
Can't use it and satiator together based on what I have read. Satiator has to patch the pseudo saturn cart so it will boot to satiator instead of the AR/pseudo saturn. Essentially the patch reverts it to a normal AR as well because my images worked fine when burned to a CD before the AR patch apples by satiator. So no option to put in codes ever comes up now. The only game impacted by this is PDS apparently which is why someone created the antime patch...however no instructions can be found to tell what patching tool to use or where or how to apply it.

Last edited:
The Sega Saturn Patcher is a completely different kind of patching tool. You can't just convert a different kind of patch to it with some automated process. The Patch needs to be recreated for the patcher as it works in a different way.

As for applying to a Bin or Cue, this boils down to understanding what a CD Image is and how it works. The Cue Sheet is not the game data, it simply tells whatever is using the image what tracks are what. The actual data is going to be in the BIN file, which is why it's bigger. Without looking at antime's patch I can't really say what program you're supposed to use or what image type it's expecting.
Thanks, i get what you're saying about the bin cue which is why I started with the bin file. Apparently antimes patch is famous enough that everyone in this forum just says "use the antime patch" followed closely by "use the cheat code" so hopefully one of the people who always say use the patch sees this and can point me to actual instructions (which patching tool to use, where to apply, etc.)

or you can wait until I update Sega Saturn Patcher that removes the Action Replay check lol.

I also thought satiator fixed that issue, you just need to have the action replay boot into the cd menu and not directly to game.

Yeah, I thought the Satiator fixed that issue.. I have the Satiator and an Action Replay, but honestly I never had the Action Replay until recently, and I haven't tried to use both of them at the same time yet.

Sega Saturn Patcher can remove the cheat cartridge protection from Panzer Dragoon Saga: Sega Saturn Patcher

antime's patch only works with images in MODE1/2048 format, whereas your BIN/CUE images will be in MODE1/2352 format. You can convert your images by using IsoBuster: IsoBuster

Here's a guide on how to apply the patch to images from the Redump set:

1. Drag the CUE file into IsoBuster.
  2. Right-click "Track 01" and select "Extract Track 01 -> Extract User Data (*.tao, *.iso, *.wav)".
  3. When saving the ISO file, give it the same name as Track 1 in the original image. For example: Panzer Dragoon Saga (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 1).iso
  4. Apply the IPS patch to the ISO file using Lunar IPS: FuSoYa's Niche - Lunar IPS (LIPS) - IPS Tool
  5. Delete the original Track 1 BIN file.
  6. Place the ISO file, CUE file, and the other BIN files in the same folder.
  7. Open the CUE file in Notepad and edit the first two lines so that the file extension and modes are correctly referenced. For example:
    FILE "Panzer Dragoon Saga (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 1).iso" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
Hope that helps!

Last edited:
thank
antime's patch only works with images in MODE1/2048 format, whereas your BIN/CUE images will be in MODE1/2352 format. You can convert your images by using IsoBuster: IsoBuster

2. Right-click "Track 01" and select "Extract Track 01 -> Extract User Data (*.tao, *.iso, *.wav)". Here's a screenshot that shows the option clearly: https://imgur DOT com/qaeY4fZ
  3. When saving the ISO file, give it the same name as Track 1 in the original image. For example: Panzer Dragoon Saga (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 1).iso
  4. Apply the IPS patch to the ISO file using Lunar IPS: FuSoYa's Niche - Lunar IPS (LIPS) - IPS Tool
  7. Open the CUE file in Notepad and edit the first two lines so that the file extension and modes are correctly referenced. For example:
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

2. Right-click "Track 01" and select "Extract Track 01 -> Extract User Data (*.tao, *.iso, *.wav)". Here's a screenshot that shows the option clearly: https://imgur DOT com/qaeY4fZ
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
Hope that helps!
on step 5 do you mean to say delete the original track 1 cue file? since thats the one I applied to the patch to from step 1?

Also, very stupid question but how do I delete track 1 and replace it? it seems like isobuster doesnt allow me to delete the tracks

I think I figured out what you were saying now, I was real excited because the game loads now and even goes to the opening cinema but when I press start it crashes back to the satiator menu.

I did notice when I was altering the cue instructions in the notepad that mine said MODE1/2352 instead of MODE1/2048 ...maybe I need to hunt down this other version? Is there any way to know without hunting all over downloading from every site I can find and then opening the cue file which one I am getting?

do you think the 2352 versus 2048 is the problem?

on step 5 do you mean to say delete the original track 1 cue file?
That's not what I meant. If you delete the CUE file then there would be nothing for you to edit in the final step.

since thats the one I applied to the patch to from step 1?
You apply the patch to the ISO file generated by IsoBuster, not the CUE file.

Also, very stupid question but how do I delete track 1 and replace it? it seems like isobuster doesnt allow me to delete the tracks
I guess that was a bit vague, but what I meant in step 5 is to delete the Track 1 BIN file in Windows File Explorer (or just move it somewhere out of the way).

I did notice when I was altering the cue instructions in the notepad that mine said MODE1/2352 instead of MODE1/2048 ...maybe I need to hunt down this other version? Is there any way to know without hunting all over downloading from every site I can find and then opening the cue file which one I am getting?
Your existing image is fine. After all, the guide walks you through the process of converting the MODE1/2352 image to MODE1/2048.

I think I figured out what you were saying now, I was real excited because the game loads now and even goes to the opening cinema but when I press start it crashes back to the satiator menu.
I patched disc 1 and it loads fine in an emulator. Check your PMs for a download.

I tried your patched image and it loads but still crashes back to satiator menu after the opening cinema. I'll try patching from scratch again tomorrow but this time converting to 2048 BEFORE patching it. Wish me luck, this is the only game that's been a chore lol And of course it's the friggin swan song/magnum opus of the system (ostensibly or not;)

P.s. forgot to add that your assistance and taking the action of even trying it in an emulator to see if it loads was so appreciated and unexpected. Thank you

Last edited:
Tried to open it to patch Symphony of the Night. "To run this application you must install .NET. Would you like to install now?" I click yes. I download and install the thing. I go to run the program again. "To run this application you must install .NET. Would you like to install now?"
What the fuck do I do

Tried to open it to patch Symphony of the Night. "To run this application you must install .NET. Would you like to install now?" I click yes. I download and install the thing. I go to run the program again. "To run this application you must install .NET. Would you like to install now?"
What the fuck do I do
use youtube

Knight0fDragon updated Sega Saturn Patcher with a new update entry:

Sega Saturn Patcher 1.9 BETA

Sega Saturn Patcher V1.9 (Beta for 2.0)

(C) 2021 Knight0fDragon - Knight0fDragon@gmail.com

If you would like to say thanks and offer a donation, I accept only PayPal
at knight0fdragon@gmail.com

Special thanks to everybody over at SegaXtreme and Sega Saturn Shiro, along
with various people communicating with me on the side,
working out all of the kinks with this program.

Thank you for using this patcher, and happy gaming.

You can find me hanging...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I haven't been able to get the Pseudo Saturn Kai Fast Boot Patch to work. I converted the following games to these formats with the patch enabled:
  • Darius Gaiden - BIN/CUE
  • Dezaemon 2 - CCD/IMG/SUB
  • Policenauts English Version (Disc 1) - CCD/IMG/SUB
The patched images boot to a black screen with the CWX and JHL loaders in:
  • Psuedo Saturn Kai Lite v6.437 on Fenrir
  • Pseudo Saturn Kai Lite v6.437 on Phoebe
  • Fenrir Loader Kai v6.437
  • RmenuKai v6.437
All games work fine when converted to the respective formats without the fast boot patch.

Other than that, nice job on the additional functionality in this release :)

Last edited:
Are you using the cart? I guess I should have clarified it is cart only as of right now. I have discussed with CED to support it, since the thing we can do after it is custom license screens

Are you using the cart? I guess I should have clarified it is cart only as of right now. I have discussed with CED to support it, since the thing we can do after it is custom license screens
The results labelled "Pseudo Saturn Kai Lite" are with that firmware installed to an Action Replay cart, whearas the other two results are cart-less (hence can be ignored, given what you just said).

ok, this is a little tricky to explain.

You need to ensure that you are booting the cart, and it immediately goes into game. If you go into the native fenrir menu, it will break.

I believe to test it with an ODE, you could use Pseudo Kai for Fenrir, after booting the Pseudo Kai cart, providing that you have auto boot enabled and you do not enter the menu select.

You need to ensure that you are booting the cart, and it immediately goes into game. If you go into the native fenrir menu, it will break.
On Fenrir I booted the games using Pseudo Saturn Kai's image selection menu, not the official loader. And on Phoebe I also booted the games using PSK's image selection menu, not Rmenu.

Back