Shining Tears

Cloud121

Established Member
Just got the newest Official PlayStation Magazine in the mail today, and there's a Shining Tears demo on the disc.

Holy crap this game is nice. The graphics are to die for, and the music is gorgeous. :drool:

Gameplay is very straight forward. Hack and slash, and you control your partner with the L buttons. Yes, two player is also available on the demo.

I'll be sure to pick it up later, when I have the money. :D

I haven't heard a single positive thing about it until your post. The averag of review scores for the game is 56% at gamerankings. Hopefully you're right and this game is another P.N. 03 in regards to the reviews. I'm going to wait until GameSpot reviews it and IGN to tilt my decision. I've never really liked the Shining series much, I'm more of a Phantasy Star fan--except I loved Shining Force 1. (I've only played SF1 and 3, Shining Wisdom and Shining The Holy Ark)

same here, the reviews so far have been bad, although the newest play mag, gave it a 6.5, but I saw that demo, and need to buy it.. and I will.. but imo, it looks great...

i have the jap version of it. Didn't really like it, but i can't understand the story either( can't read it), it feel like Shining Soul cept faster on PS 2. Intro is nice ,but i can't say anything about it yet.

Originally posted by stack99@Thu, 2005-03-24 @ 10:55 AM

I am picking up the full version tomorrow from my local GSPOT

[post=132055]Quoted post[/post]​

That's an actual store? :hehehe:

Originally posted by Dud@Thu, 2005-03-24 @ 11:36 PM

That's an actual store? :hehehe:

[post=132077]Quoted post[/post]​

lol...I think in some areas, but actually, it is my affectionate term for the store gamestop.

Well after playing this for a week, I have found the game to be a worthy addition to the shining series, I also believe the reviews to be off base, and harsh at best.. The graphics are great, the battle system is fine, and the story is excellent. Overall this is a great game, but it was given a bum wrap, imo. I highly recommend this game.

Okay, I've played ~2 hours of this game and it's not really that great. I haven't read any of the reviews, but the game mechanics are just kinda bland IMO.

Back