Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

I am currently going to take a little pause from this project and focus on other things, so do not expect any of the newer changes in the near future.

I have some work I need to do on Shining Force 3, the Saturn Patcher, 2 other translation projects, and a various amount of other tools.

So I made an account here specifically to thank you for your amazing efforts! I don't think some people realize how much work stuff like this is..

I am so grateful that this has happened/is happening ;_; I have always wished for an updated version of the Saturn game simply because it would be the ultimate version (if one is willing to ignore the stretching which you cannot fix, since it would practically mean to redo the entire game/sprites).

If at some point in the distant future you were to resume work what would be your main focus? Honestly the two biggest main gripes to have at this point that may be fixable are accessing the map + slowdown during gameplay. Transparency issues aren't really fixable I would assume (way too much work)?

Again, thank you so much! This means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Not sure what I am doing wrong, I downloaded file from the link on top and get a file named 'DRACULA-X.SSP. Tried using delta patcher to patch bin file and get this error - 'An error has occurred: xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT'

Hello KoD sir,

Any plans to start working on the QOL updates (namely fast access to map and slowdown fixes) for your sensational patch in the near future?

Thanks buddy for your work

Just posting a bug - I have twice now had a bug where I've gone into the menu, checked the map, gone back to the menu screen and then all action buttons (ABC) have ceased to function. Dpad still works. Cannot enter any part of the menu screen.

Firs time it happened I thought it was the controller, took it out cleaned it. Never had an issue with it before. Soon as I rebooted, started working again. Happened again tonight. Works after a reboot. Two different areas of the castle.

Anyone else experienced this?

Just posting a bug - I have twice now had a bug where I've gone into the menu, checked the map, gone back to the menu screen and then all action buttons (ABC) have ceased to function. Dpad still works. Cannot enter any part of the menu screen.

Firs time it happened I thought it was the controller, took it out cleaned it. Never had an issue with it before. Soon as I rebooted, started working again. Happened again tonight. Works after a reboot. Two different areas of the castle.

Anyone else experienced this?
time to buy a new controller

Translator:
I have a game from cdromance.com. The latest version is there, but the names of familiars are not visible on mednafen. Do you have this bug too?

RZZ7yCv.png

Last edited:
... I have spent over a year working on this patch, so pardon me for not really sympathizing with your 2 hours of work.

Did you stop and think about why I have not placed it on romhacking yet? Perhaps I am trying to keep my maintenance time as well as communication from people using it limited to this board as best as I can. I also want to ensure my Sega Saturn Patcher is properly working and everything is stabilized. At the bare minimum, the polite thing to do would be to have asked if I had any intent on placing it on romhacking, and if I would be ok with you posting it on my behalf.

Hard to find?

I am on the first page in all of these searches.

It is literally the one of the first results if you search "Sega Saturn Symphony of the Night English". Not to mention there's 3 videos with over 50k views combined on Youtube talking about the patch and referencing this very thread.

Back