Warning for those people who wish to fix your Saturn for...

Well, I was relaxing last night, playing some Rayearth (I had finnally found all the Amulets and was wishing to complete the game), when I got to Innova, it froze on his transformation video, so I restarted it and went back, the same again. So I loaded another game, Sonic Jam, it crashed halfway through the opening movie.

I left it over night and switched it on in the morning to see if it was miracuously cured, now it desn't even load games, it just scratches trying to find something on the disc while going to the BIOS screen.

unless you managed to press the cd down against the lens every time you swapped, it is certainly not because of swapping. I used to swap for 3 years on the same saturn without ANY problems, and it still works now.

what happened to me once on a saturn is the black plastic base around the lens came off from the base of the drive, this stopped the cd from spinning because the plastic was pressing against it, check if the cd spins freely with the power off, if not then it may be that piece of plastic causing the problem

**edit horrible new keyboard has a too small delete key, i keep hitting # when i want to delete something, and didnt notice it had happened earlier

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 4:36 pm on Oct. 21, 2001)

Actually yeah.. I once had the spindle on another saturn pressed down too far, which caused the cd to touch the laser unit and prevented it from reading anything. Try lifting it up carefully by a little bit with a screwdriver.

Okay, my Saturn is working again (YES), but my Rayearth disc, has a scratch on it that is HUGE (well not really, but it's still bad) and it's no longer reading that disc properly (i.e. the Innova transformation scene, befoer you battle the white wolf thing that was Innova). Does anyone know where I can buy an original copy in the UK (Chips. Ltd, who I get my DC imports off, can't get it)?

It wont copy.

I've used discjuggler, Easy CD Creator 4, EZCD95, CDRWIN and even BLIND READ (which even copied Blue Shift-Half Life for me) and none worked. So I tried to copy to files to my harddrive, it stopped and I got an error when it was in the CPK folder. So there is a reason that the Innova transformation video doesn't work.

Luckly, my copy isn't an official, but a CDR one, but I downloaded it from the net and can't find it anymore.

it was here for a short time

if anyone has some of the files (r01, r05, r06) i have the rest, and have them available on my fserv (there 48.1mb files) if anyone can supply these i can complete the game and make it available for you to download

let me know if you can anyone

Quote: from Ohtori of Saturn on 12:55 pm on Oct. 22, 2001

It wont copy.

I've used discjuggler, Easy CD Creator 4, EZCD95, CDRWIN and even BLIND READ (which even copied Blue Shift-Half Life for me) and none worked. So I tried to copy to files to my harddrive, it stopped and I got an error when it was in the CPK folder. So there is a reason that the Innova transformation video doesn't work.

Luckly, my copy isn't an official, but a CDR one, but I downloaded it from the net and can't find it anymore.
You may want to try some of those scratch removers like the ones that BlockBuster Video uses. If you know anyone who works there, ask them to do it for you. :)

Using scratch removers should work since the burned data is not damaged (assuming you didn't use any ball point pen to label the CD-R ;)), only the clear plastic layer that the laser has to pass through is distorted from the scratches.

I have aquired a 'SKIPDOCTOR' (from those who made Gamedoctor) for around £30. I used it and then played it, it got to Innova and the movie skipped (thats not bead, as before, it didn't play), used it again, the movie was flawless, but the 'machine awakening' movie skipped, badly and the next movie didn't load at all. I used it a third time and I didn't test It, I went straight to blind read.

No wipes - 98 bad sectors

1st wipe - 71 bad sectors

2nd wipe - 14 bad sectors

and so far (i'm still doing this)

3rd wipe - 1 bad sector (this may change)

if thats all there is though, then another wipe should remove that bad sector, no?

Anyway, I might get my CDR working again, thanks for the tips about 'GameDoctor' CrazyTaxi.

You could have gotten the same results out of a jar of Turtle Wax and rubbing alcohol. It's what I use on all my stuff and it helped me salvage an overused copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2. I played it so much it looked like someone took sandpaper to it :)

Quote: from RadSil on 3:01 pm on Oct. 26, 2001

You could have gotten the same results out of a jar of Turtle Wax and rubbing alcohol. It's what I use on all my stuff and it helped me salvage an overused copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2. I played it so much it looked like someone took sandpaper to it :)
You play that game a lot too? What a coincidence, so do I. However, now I play it on my computer though (using my SideWinder of course), if you know what I mean ;)

Well thats all in your opinion. They have probly played it but didn't like it as much as SFA2. Personaly I have never played any 2d fighters on my saturn other the X-maen: Children of the Atom, and Marvel Super Heros, so I cant compare the two games you have mentioned myself.

It's pretty pointless to say that one is better than the other; it's like arguing about whether Gradius or R-Type is better: they both kick ass - just play them both :).

Okay, lets just all it back nd agree to disagree

(Anyway, Dead or Alive 2 is the BEST of any fighting game genre and King of FIghters 2000 RULEZ in the 2D fighters catagory)

Back