What games have you bought lately?

I have the xbox and gamecube versions,, and neither of them lag, or slow down, when exactly are you experiencing slowdown?

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep 22, 2003 @ 11:17 PM

I don't usually play my gba in public, but I wouldn't feel weird doing it.

Unless I had a pink or purple one maybe :D

Shut up.... Pink was all circuit city had left.

Originally posted by stack99@Sep 23, 2003 @ 12:41 PM

I have the xbox and gamecube versions,, and neither of them lag, or slow down, when exactly are you experiencing slowdown?

Basically, whenever I play it. But most frequent in Weapon Master Mode...

Some reviews...

Every once in a while, you might detect a very slight hitch in the frame rate (regardless of which version you're playing)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/soulcalibur2/review.html

But there's one thing that has to be mentioned and that's the slowdown. Soul Calibur 2 does suffer the occasional bout of slowdown, and it does come as bit of a shock.

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/ps2/soulcalibur2.asp

Whatever the case, it's inexcusable for there to be any slowdown in any version of this Fighting Game.

I can't say I'm too shocked, this IS Namco we're talking about...

Funny jak and daxter story:

My friend was playing it when it first came out and he'd never heard of it before, And i gave him the controller and he goes "is this a new crash bandicoot"

And inever noticed it before but god they are totally similar arent they?

This week I got Hitman 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta for $20 each. PDO is exactly what I thought it would be but Hitman 2 has surprised me. It's a lot of fun and is very tense compared to similar games. (i'm a mgs whore and have played a decent amount of splinter cell) It's pretty crazy when you are disguised walking past guards and they start looking at you, controller starts shaking and shit lol.

Also got the rainbow six 3 xbox demo for putting cash down on the game. From the demo the single player looks cool but I'm in it for the xbox live support. :devil

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct 11, 2003 @ 11:35 PM

Funny jak and daxter story:

My friend was playing it when it first came out and he'd never heard of it before, And i gave him the controller and he goes "is this a new crash bandicoot"

And inever noticed it before but god they are totally similar arent they?

Apart from being developed by the same developer as Crash (resulting in similar 'style'), they are very much different. First of all, the gameplay is extremely different due to it being a full-3D platformer, rather than a semi-restricted 3D platformer such as Crash. Now you might mean they look the same (the graphics/ colors used are similar), or they control the same (or at least feel similar), or perhaps even the music/ sfx may remind you of Crash, but in essense, they are completely different (due to their gameplay). One thing for sure is these games are the 'originals' for the system. Knock-offs like Ratchet & Clank only exist because of the success of Jak & Daxter, and are simply there to cash in.

And btw, what's the difference between playing a mutiplayer game through xbox live, and playing the same game online on your pc? I hear lots of people saying xbox is the best (of the three systems) for mutiplaying, and people are stocked that they can play games like Rainbow Six online with xbox live - but aren't nearly every single FPS/ real-time strategies most suited with a keyboard and mouse? Am I missing something or just ranting for the sake of it? :rant

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Oct 12, 2003 @ 07:09 AM

And btw, what's the difference between playing a mutiplayer game through xbox live, and playing the same game online on your pc? I hear lots of people saying xbox is the best (of the three systems) for mutiplaying, and people are stocked that they can play games like Rainbow Six online with xbox live - but aren't nearly every single FPS/ real-time strategies most suited with a keyboard and mouse? Am I missing something or just ranting for the sake of it? :rant

Well, of current consoles xbox is by far the best for online. Crushes ps2.

PC vs xboxlive = both have there good parts

Xbox obviously doesn't have mad mods for every game. A lot of games do let you download new levels, but they are few and far between to say the least. Also, the controls are obviously different but it doesn't really bother me. I am a HUGE mouse and keyboard fan, on counterstrike I set my sensitivity at 20 and in unreal I crank it to 30+ sometimes. You obviously can't move that quick with a controller but you just have to take into account that everybody else is using a controller to so it's not a big deal. In slower paced games (ghost recon, rainbow six) it's not an issue anyway.

Benifits of xbox live:

The friend list. This is great, it works flawlessly and I have seen no PC game have a system that works this well. During any game you can see exactly which of your friends are playing, and what games they are playing. You can send them invites to join your game, which causes a small icon to pop up in the corner of their screen no matter what game they are playing. Accept it, decline it, whatever.

The voicechat. Everybody has a headset and nearly everyone uses it. And contrary to the pc world, people don't just talk a bunch of shit all the time. It's not a bunch of 12 year old kids either, everyone I play with is around my age or older. (i'm 24) Wolfenstein is a perfect example of how great voice makes it. I prefer the xbox version to the pc version which I also have. The max is only 16 players on the xbox version, but the voice makes all the difference in the world.

It's also nice to be able to kick back on the couch while you play. :D

PC is definately better for a lot of games, but it just depends on the game I guess. I have feeling counterstrike will be a shadow of it's former self on xbox for example. (i'm buying it anyway b/c I'm a valve whore) If you play online and have the cash to spend it's definately worth the price of admission, I highly recommend it. My main gripe is that all the games that M$ pushes as "killer apps" are actually the worst games for it. Mech Assault is a perfect example, slow boring, repetitive. They also brag about how you can now do voice chat without having a game in. Who the hell wants to do that when you could just chat while shooting your buddy in the face???

omg I didn't think I had typed this much I'll stop now :blush:

while on vacation recently, I wandered into a local gamestop and found some treats, for the genny, gunstar heroes, sunset riders,earthbound....man I Have been looking for that one for some time now. back to genny, got biohazard battle... sweet shooter, which I never heard of, also picked up crackdown, and a couple other shooters for the genny... it was a sweeet vaca..lol. :p

Dude... i just go back from best buy and went crazy. I didn't buy games but i bought stragety guides.... all for 1 cent each!!!

I got ....

9 Enter the Matrix guides

3 Legend of Zelda:WW

2 Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness guides

2 NCAA Football 2004 guides

1 Tony Hawk 4 guide

1 Devil May Cry 2

2 Eternal Darkness guids

2 GTAIII guids

1 GTA Vice City guide

2 Everquest Online guides

2 Lord of the ring Two Towers

6 F-Zero GX guides

1 Yugioh guide

4 Zelda: The Four Swords guides

2 Metal Gear Substance guides

Its CRAZY! The people at the counter just said... DAMN BOY!

Originally posted by Shitface@Oct 14, 2003 @ 02:41 AM

Dude... i just go back from best buy and went crazy. I didn't buy games but i bought stragety guides.... all for 1 cent each!!!

I got ....

9 Enter the Matrix guides

3 Legend of Zelda:WW

2 Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness guides

2 NCAA Football 2004 guides

1 Tony Hawk 4 guide

1 Devil May Cry 2

2 Eternal Darkness guids

2 GTAIII guids

1 GTA Vice City guide

2 Everquest Online guides

2 Lord of the ring Two Towers

6 F-Zero GX guides

1 Yugioh guide

4 Zelda: The Four Swords guides

2 Metal Gear Substance guides

Its CRAZY! The people at the counter just said... DAMN BOY!

1 cent?!?!

I was just at BB -- didn't have the CDRs I was looking for so I didn't bother looking around :(

A little while ago I bought a few things... ;)

A GameCube :banana

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (with bonus disc)

Resident Evil

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Star Wars Bounty Hunter

Finding Nemo (for my daughter :D)

Just last week, I picked up Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PC. My first DVD-ROM game :)

After I applying the ATi patch, I had to set Model Quality to the second lowest setting (see attached pic below) in order to get the faces and backgrounds to show correctly. Every other setting is set to the max :). To my surprise, the game runs quite smooth on my system. :wub:

Attachments

• Drawing.gif
    Drawing.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Drawing.gif
    Drawing.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 112
Got dracula and frankenstein for sega cd for $7.99 + $4.50 for shipping. I don't own a sega cd though, so they are a christmas present for a friend.

I just picked up a 2 slot Neo Geo MVS Arcade with Metal Slug and Samurai Showdown 2. Now to find space for it in my room :rolleyes:.

I just bought an NES with about 21 games. Cost me $100 (gonna pay it off, as my friend bought it for me).

Damn $100 did you get good games. I always find NES and games for dirt cheap prices at the swapmeet. A NES usually sells for $5-10 and the games for about $2-3 bucks each. :blink:

Back