What is the worst control pad....

XBox.... I shouldn't be in pain after playing DOA3
sad.gif

I may be alone on this, but I always hated the Dreamcast controller. That's the main reason why I never got one.

But the worst would probably be those '360' controllers they made for NES and SNES (the ones without an actual D-Pad). I forget the actual name of them.

I think they were called turbo touch or something. I remember those, playing with one of those would be like the equivilent of rubbing your finger numb and skinless on a counter top.

The worst one EVER i have used was for a commodore 64. This thing was one a friend of mine owned. It was a stubby little stick on a spud of a base that was supposed to be ergonomic. The buttons were in a really stupid place on the underside. It sucked arse but my friend liked it.

Next up - Xbox. Its like plauying with a brick.

And thirdly a saitek cyborg pad for the PC. The Cyborg stick is fantastic. I have one. The Cyborg pad is strange. It has great features but you have to use it with your hands at a funny angle, kinda over the top holding it down.

originally posted by soldermonkey: The worst one EVER i have used was for a commodore 64. This thing was one a friend of mine owned. It was a stubby little stick on a spud of a base that was supposed to be ergonomic. The buttons were in a really stupid place on the underside. It sucked arse but my friend liked it.

That sounds like those awful Konix sticks - I think I still have one somewhere.

epyx-500xj-joystick.jpg

i never really played the game cube much only in stores when i was checking out all the new systems but the standard controler that comes iwht it is incredibly small for me i feel like i'm going to break everything on it because it's so small.

Hey myst or any of the other people that had a com 64 did you ever plug one of the com's controlers in the genesis. i would always do that befor i bought a second controler for the genesis. only game i was able to play really was toe jam and earl with it but what ever that game was the best when playing 2 player. i think i tried to play the comm with the genesis controller but it never worked or it worked just not properly i forget.

(ya the jag's controler did suck my friend had one and i never liked it too many buttons for me)

I used to use a C64 joystick to let my brother control Tails in Sonic 2
biggrin.gif

It worked pretty well cos you only need one button for that game.

this gold see through controller for psx what a piece. anyways i'll never like the ps controllers ever since the first one i touched when ever it shook it shocked you.

My Mum crapped herself the first time she used a Dual Shock at my house
smile.gif

"Uugh! It moved, it moved!!"

Never thought of warning her..

they did a study in the uk that shows you shouldn't use force feedback because it does damage to your hands after prolonged use. another tidbit.

Really?? You mean prolonged use of vibrating devices damages your hands? Does that go for all controllers?

(Please respect the fact I managed to keep the above post clean)

Well, there was that case with the kid who got the same kind of damage in his hands as people using pneumatic drills. But that kid played something like 10 hours/day 7 days/week for several months.

damn good job myname you should get a pat on the back. thats why i always shut off the vibrate function. try playing gc for like 6 hours my hands were locked in the shape of the controller and were shaking it hurt like a bitch trying to make a fist. bad exp. never ever play that much without breaks.

the PSX dual Shock is bad, the layout is a rip of of the Snes controller (not a bad thing), but the new R2 and L2 shoulder buttons are a bit awkward. that's not the worst part, that being the actual analog sticks are hard to use (for me, my hands are pretty small), and make the shoulder buttons even harder to use. they also get in the way of the start button.

the (you'll hate this) ........ Sega Genesis Controller was also difficult to use. having 3 large buttons on the thing, and moving my thumb from A to C, during normal gameplay that needs it done as fast as you can, was difficult, and wore out my thumb in half an hour. the 6 button controller was a little better (with smaller buttons), but the extra 3 buttons made it worse overall. for Sonic games, that wasn't noticable, and for RPG's it never mattered.

these are far less awkward than that ColecoVision controller (who the heck designed that cruddy thing?), or the Jaguar.

never tried Xbox, GCN, or Dreamcast controllers (though the latter looks like a descent controller)

Originally posted by segasonic@June 13 2002,07:14

originally posted by soldermonkey: The worst one EVER i have used was for a commodore 64. This thing was one a friend of mine owned. It was a stubby little stick on a spud of a base that was supposed to be ergonomic. The buttons were in a really stupid place on the underside. It sucked arse but my friend liked it.

That sounds like those awful Konix sticks - I think I still have one somewhere.

epyx-500xj-joystick.jpg

no way the konix sticks were excellent i used to play one of them bad boys on the amiga great for games like bmx simulator, stunt car racer and treasure island dizzy, it was cool how you had to be gentle and precise with it too.
biggrin.gif

Back