your opinion

Quote: from eatpenguin on 2:19 am on Mar. 19, 2002

well growing up in a society where husband and wife dont even know who they get to marry until their wedding date and sex was strictly for producing babies. i;ve NEVER seen my parents kiss or show even a speck of affection toward each other. don;t get me wrong; they are not mad at each other or anything. they;re just very...apathetic.

my grandmother (dad's side) basically went through the roster/permanent record of a women's college and picked my mom because of her family background and her grades.

i think that would be more degrading than being punished for showing leg or whatever. i mean you;re expected to live with some total stranger for the rest of your life just because your parents chose them.

anyway i think someone said something about whatever comment i said but that's ALL the way up there and im too lazy to scroll up ^_^

I don't mean to insult you but is it better to marry a woman that sleeps with all your friends?I personaly would smack the taste out of my wifes mouth if she would do so.I personaly don't feel like forgiving something like that.If you people are so open minded that you would say:"Ohhh ok its just sex,by the way i met a very good looking girl can she come by by the evening and sleep with me?"

Maybe i am "dumb" or a "caveman" but i am true to my self.People saying that its just sex are trying to hide their mistakes.

(Edited by ShinJedah at 3:07 am on Mar. 19, 2002)

Quote: from ShinJedah on 6:06 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

I don't mean to insult you but is it better to marry a woman that sleeps with all your friends?
Probably not, but I don't believe it's a valid comparison.

I personaly would smack the taste out of my wifes mouth if she would do so. I personaly don't feel like forgiving something like that.
Sad.

There are much better ways of communicating than with your fists.

Probably not, but I don't believe it's a valid comparison.

Why?

Sad.

There are much better ways of communicating than with your fists.

It doens't have to do with communicating.Its about pride and respect.You don't hit someone you respect.But if someone thats supossed to be close to me doesn't respect me,then i don't repect him.So i would turn out hitting her at worst,and throwing her out would be the first thing i would think about.

Poeple got much too open in the last years...the just don't care a #### about anything.Its no wonder that even gay people are allowed to marry now...because people don't care.

The funny thing about those Threads is that they turn just too personal for one to understand eachother.Everybody grew up in different countrys and different cultures.It's only natural that we think different.

From ShinJedah: "Its no wonder that even gay people are allowed to marry now...because people don't care"

Me: You got somthing against gay people? And no, I am not gay, but I have had friends in the past that were.

......and the hole gets deeper with each passing moment!

ShinJedah.....what century are you living in? Hitting women or others is Ok? I can understand it if you defending yourself.......I've studied martial arts for 30yrs and never had to hit anyone. Not in anger anyway. Is hitting someone going to make them respect you? Why not earn their respect. Basic human descency dictates that we offer respect to someone as a living being. Beyond that you have to earn it!!!!!

No one owes you anything you have no right to posess!

(Edited by falstaff at 6:51 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)

Gay people are A-OK in my book! They're not hurting anyone, and they can be kind people.

If I see two gay guys holding hands and walking down the street... I say fine! More power to ya! Get down with your gay selves! Disco!

Because that makes 2 girls available ;)

Heh. Seriously, we all have different thoughts and opinions which are open to debate, but maybe it's time we moved on.

AAAHHHHH! Thank you Archiver for that fresh air. I'm very serious. We must have looked like a pack of dogs (the ladies can be poodles, the rest of us are mutts!) chasing their tales. Around and around in circles. Going nowhere fast. May this thread rest in peace, as it didn't exactly live that way.

So?!? Anyone for a round of metal slug?

Quote: from ShinJedah on 1:06 am on Mar. 19, 2002

I don't mean to insult you but is it better to marry a woman that sleeps with all your friends?I personaly would smack the taste out of my wifes mouth if she would do so.I personaly don't feel like forgiving something like that.If you people are so open minded that you would say:"Ohhh ok its just sex,by the way i met a very good looking girl can she come by by the evening and sleep with me?"

Maybe i am "dumb" or a "caveman" but i am true to my self.People saying that its just sex are trying to hide their mistakes.

correct me if im wrong but basically, you;re saying you would marry for the single purpose of having sex. you;re saying the ONLY valid reason for people to have relationship is to have sex. in fact, you should not get involved in a relationship if your sole purpose is getting laid, in the first place.

Quote: from archiver on 4:10 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

Heh. Seriously, we all have different thoughts and opinions which are open to debate, but maybe it's time we moved on.

i agree!

Quote: from falstaff on 4:31 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

So?!? Anyone for a round of metal slug?

w00t!!!!

(Edited by eatpenguin at 4:41 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)

I don't think ShinJedah said he doesn't like gay people, he's just simply stating that people aren't caring about gay marriages. It's true, it's not a big deal anymore.

(Edited by Nadius at 3:54 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)

Quote: from Raijin Z on 5:18 pm on Mar. 17, 2002

Normally I don't do hypothetical questions, but as a PSA.... Don't date sluts. You'll regret it, if you live long enough.

lol ya

dont date sluts. thats the worst thing you can do. its a whole lot better getting a chick who doesnt have all the looks but is smart, nice, and funny.

of course, there have to be some looks :winks:

gotta love nice long legs!

Quote: from archiver on 6:10 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

Because that makes 2 girls available ;)

Not really, it makes 2 girls who aren't taught to be gay or aren't actually gay available to other guys.

And, yes, I just said 'taught' to be gay. I have nothing at all against homosexuals, bisexuals (well, maybe.. most are pretty fucking promiscuous...), or asexuals; I've been friends with any and all. But tonight, I had a customer, she was a high school teacher. She had a fucking horde of videos and books on how to teach kids about being gay. Um... why?

...My kids will not goto public schools...

Quote: from chakan on 2:26 pm on Mar. 20, 2002

But tonight, I had a customer, she was a high school teacher. She had a fucking horde of videos and books on how to teach kids about being gay. Um... why?

What would be so wrong with your kids being gay?

I'm not saying they are or ever will be, but as long as they were happy and it hurt no one, what would be the problem if they were?

Are you desperate to be a grandparent?

Quote: from mal on 9:56 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

Quote: from chakan on 2:26 pm on Mar. 20, 2002

But tonight, I had a customer, she was a high school teacher. She had a fucking horde of videos and books on how to teach kids about being gay. Um... why?

What would be so wrong with your kids being gay?

I'm not saying they are or ever will be, but as long as they were happy and it hurt no one, what would be the problem if they were?

Are you desperate to be a grandparent?

well i guess he;s referring to some materials about tolerence and stuff. i dont think high school is too early to be taught about tolerence...and about the wrong stereotypes. in my school at least, the gay kids are automatically expected to be girls' best friends, design the props for theater, and make their own clothing. i know it's not true but that;s how they;re perceived at my school in general.

It wasn't tolerance, it was propaganda... Just trust me, I picked up the box of a cassette and was a bit shocked. I asked the woman later what she taught in school and she said English... say what? I could understand researching homosexuality to help a kid who's a homosexual when you're a mentor of some sort, but this woman was a full-on lesbo (heh. card carrying, in about every respect...). She had flags, movies, memorabilia, and even a sign above her desk. In Japanese characters, it read "Courage to change."

I'd have no problems with my possible children being gay, straight, or just weird... as long as it's what they are. I understand that they'd go through phases trying to find their own identity, but I sure as #### wouldn't stand aside when someone tells them that they need to be this or that, not themselves.

I'm sick and fucking tired of this bullshit from society. Telling kids every fucking day that if you're not part of the "different" crowd, you're an offensive piece of shit who won't get anywhere at all. I'd much rather have kids be themselves, not "different" for different's sake.

Hope someone understands this... I still have a feeling that some extremely ignorant people will lash out at me.

Quote: from SEGA DAVID on 11:57 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

wow

where do u work?

Installing satellite dishes for right now... it doesn't pay that well, but it pays for food, phone, ISP, and any other basic need I have. Used to pay out the ass. >_<

Quote: from chakan on 12:49 am on Mar. 20, 2002

I'd have no problems with my possible children being gay, straight, or just weird... as long as it's what they are. I understand that they'd go through phases trying to find their own identity, but I sure as #### wouldn't stand aside when someone tells them that they need to be this or that, not themselves.

I'm sick and fucking tired of this bullshit from society. Telling kids every fucking day that if you're not part of the "different" crowd, you're an offensive piece of shit who won't get anywhere at all. I'd much rather have kids be themselves, not "different" for different's sake.

Hope someone understands this... I still have a feeling that some extremely ignorant people will lash out at me.

I'm glad that's where you were coming from.

You'll get no flaming from me. :)

Back