Bootdisc question

Ive heard about a boot disc but havent got hold of it yet. I know you still need to do the swap trick if your saturn aint modded, thats ok. Im just wondering if the boot disc allows you to play imports without having to change the region on the iso, basically cos i wouldnt mind running my games 60hz and havent picked up an action replay cart yet. Anyone tried this?

I think it will allow you to run games from any region, but they'll still be run at 50Hz as this is not software-selectable. But if you're only going to be playing copies there's little reason not to change their region, thus saving you the trouble of fiddling with bootdiscs.

Originally posted by antime@Jan. 25 2003, 8:19 am

I think it will allow you to run games from any region, but they'll still be run at 50Hz as this is not software-selectable. But if you're only going to be playing copies there's little reason not to change their region, thus saving you the trouble of fiddling with bootdiscs.

Sorry antime, the boot disc for third party developers that is available almost everywhere by now will not allow you to play games from different regions.

So, it is advisable to change the region on your games to match your Saturn's region. Imagine having 40 games and no clue as to what the region of any specific game might be...

gerbils:

If you aren't able to perform the swap trick, the boot disc will be a welcome tool to you. Once you know how to boot the boot disc via swap, you can forget about all the other games, since the boot disc is going to handle them just right. Happy swapping!

Back