Finally got it

Originally posted by sat985@June 24 2002,12:11

I havent bothered ownin any of the new ones myself. I dont wanna waste the time playin em. did play ffx for bout 65hrs on ps2. mgs gt3 an gta3 for another 50 or 60hrs. an i've played some psx over the years, controllers are the same. graphics arenta as good as what a new radeon or geforce can do on eithe rof the the machines. The textures on the xbox look bland as hell, i've tried it a couple times. The controller is shitty as hell. m$ must've hired the same team they use to make pc controllers...

xbox has had halo which was suppose to be good but m$ bought bungie, fucked the whole game an screwed 100k fans that were gonna get the pc vers. so aside from that they've got some shitty games an some ports. the above ps2 games i can say are pretty good, nothin much else i'd play on it besides them. gc i havent seen shit i liked so far. i'll stick to pc/older systems. shit i'll play some fightin games on dc once an while. an yes i've played project gotham on xbox. its a shitty ass knockoff of the dc vers of MSR, don't even think the graphics are as good in gotham. get a ferrari wheel an play MSR with the view dropped to the bumper an have some nice speakers hooked up
cool.gif

Woah, you must need some galsses, because no PC game (yet) ocmes close to Xbox graphics and most aren't even up to PS2. Doom 3 (coming out next spring) obviously takes more power than current consoles (or pc hardware at that).

Bungie has repeated many times that a PC/Mac version of Halo is coming.

Haha, Xbox textures bland? Maybe only for PS2 ports. In Halo, you can stand next to a rock, and zoom in with the Sniper 10x and you still see extremely detailed textures.

And check how good Rallisport textures look (even in this early screenshot and bad quality JPEG):

image3701.jpg

And Project Gotham looks ages better than MSR, s I won'y even bother posting screenshots.

41.jpg

Originally posted by sat985@June 24 2002,12:11

xbox has had halo which was suppose to be good but m$ bought bungie, fucked the whole game

Um, MS le tBungie do whatever they want with the game...

The main reason to buy any console is because it has the games you want to play. I keep hearing all this talk about HALO, which might very well be a great game, but is one game really worth the purchase of the system? I haven't heard to many more games mentioned.
wink.gif

This whole Xbox vs. PS2 stuff is just the second coming of the same old Sega vs. Nintendo argument of the '80s - '90s

aren't we getting just a bit old for this kind of stuff?
smile.gif

OK since that's how we're talking at the moment here's my take on the Xbox...

I have never really taken the Xbox too seriously, (remember, this is just my opinion so don't get too upset people)

To, me it's always been a stripped down PC, with ugly and uncomfortable controllers and few quality games.

I think it was made simply because M$ saw a market they hadn't dominated yet.

It's the games that sell the system. not the hardware.

It remains to be seen which current console will have the best games.

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 25 2002,12:27

The main reason to buy any console is because it has the games you want to play. I keep hearing all this talk about HALO, which might very well be a great game, but is one game really worth the purchase of the system? I haven't heard to many more games mentioned.
wink.gif

This whole Xbox vs. PS2 stuff is just the second coming of the same old Sega vs. Nintendo argument of the '80s - '90s

smile.gif

I have never really taken the Xbox too seriously, (remember, this is just my opinion so don't get too upset people)

To, me it's always been a stripped down PC, with ugly and uncomfortable controllers and few quality games.

Were not being Kids if thats what u mean, were being consumers, Games r my life I think playing games makes better hand/eye coordnation.."sorry can't speel"..lol.and is just plane fun.

This War between systems is not the only war going on. There r these little wars going on every were from...Altimas.net forum on witch is the better car...or other forums like whats better MAC or PC.. So we have our own War and like u said it's been happening cence the 80's so why stop it know we'll just find something else 2 "WAR" over...

O and if you liked DC controlers or the Saturn for that matter then why would u not like the X-box controls..

Sidenote: I don't have a X-box but i have a PS2 and i hate it the only Game I LOVE is GTA3.."Miami Eddition comes out in October"..But I'm looking towards getting the X-box...Panzer,Shenmue2"on disk 3 for DC" r just 2 games that r going 2 be HUGE sellers and those r the only games I want..maybe somemore but....

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,13:27

wink.gif

smile.gif

My point is that Xbox has enough quality games now to make it worth a purchase, and far more quality games in the future. This makes it the best investment.

[quote name='cww80' date='June 24 2002,22:22'][quote name='SeGa4life' date='June 24 2002,23:37']

Were the Hell r u getting your INFO from man....Sonic not a big seller hmmm.... better check up on that buddy and I really think that the x-box is doing Just a little better then what your Posting..

Sony lowerd there price first BECAUSE of "Lack in Sales".

then 1 week later at the E3 show in New York X-box joined in the fun...He who lowers price first loses first...Gamecube was suppost 2 be $150.00 whent it came out but Nintendo said lets see how many dum A$$'s there r out there!

uh yeah, i never said sonic wasnt a big seller...the PS2 selling poorly,dont make me laugh...also,Sony Lowered the price of the PS first and it won...your way off get your facts straight...and then come back when you know what your talking about...
biggrin.gif

What r u talking about Saturn was $400 when it came out and Sony was $199 SEGA lowerd it's price First...AND YES you did say Sonic was not selling well on GB..

http://mediaframe.yahoo.com/launch?&p=news&l=SAM&a=0,30&provider=reuters&bw=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/a/g/nm/%3Fu&.test=1&f=31042383&lid=rnv-56-s.2984379,rnv-128-s.2984379,rnv-200-s.2984379,rnv-300-s.2984379,wmv-28-s.2984374,wm

v-56-s.2984375,wmv-100-s.2984378,wmv-220-s.2984377,wmv-300-s.2984376,&t=The%20Reuters%20Consumer%20News%20With%20Dennis%20Moore%20For%20May%2014',750,650]http://rd.yahoo.com/dailyne....tp[/url]

Dam this link was a news clip from 1 week before the price drop and it explaned that sony was lowering it's price becuse of "LACK IN SALES"

SO get your posts Strait before you reply![/quote]

yeah funny how that link doesnt work...hmmm...I never said sonic wasnt selling well..if you actually went back and read all the posts youd see that...i said it was one of segas biggest properties(what do you think that means)also,you want to talk about lack in sales...how about the fact that the PS2 outsold both the Xbox and GC during their launch periods(yeah it sure is lacking in sells)i get all my info from Gamespot and EGM...(2 credible sources, more so than yahoo)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,12:31--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,12:31)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cww80@June 23 2002,23:14

<!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9
@June 24 2002,23:25

Maybe they don't appeal to you because you are biased for not owning one?

lets see my favorite genres are,RPG,Strategy,Fighting and then Shooters(like Gradius or Blazing Lazers)The Xbox has no rpgs,no strategy games almost no Fighting games(that interest me)and no Shooters...see why i dont care for it...now why in the hell would i buy one...funny how a system you say is a better value is lacking in so many genres...
biggrin.gif

Argh, oyu miss the point yet again. The future lineup of the Xbox has all those things, and the PS2 is mostly sequels and licensed games, and sequels to licensed games.[/b][/quote]

what are these games you speak of?lets see you come up with at least one game for each genre i mentioned...and it has to be exclusive and not on the PC as well...

Actually, PS2 sold worse in it's launch period AFAIK. Who knows if it was because of shortages or what though.

Oh wait, are oyu talking about Japan again?

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,13:27

wink.gif

smile.gif

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post before. You are complaining about hardware and then you say it's the games that matter? Kind of contradicting isn't it?

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,12:42

ps2 is a hunk of crap, why would i pay $299 for something that is from sony and doesnt have hardware anti-alaising technology built in? GARBAGE!

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:24--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:24)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,12:31

Originally posted by cww80@June 23 2002,23:14

<!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9
@June 24 2002,23:25

Maybe they don't appeal to you because you are biased for not owning one?

lets see my favorite genres are,RPG,Strategy,Fighting and then Shooters(like Gradius or Blazing Lazers)The Xbox has no rpgs,no strategy games almost no Fighting games(that interest me)and no Shooters...see why i dont care for it...now why in the hell would i buy one...funny how a system you say is a better value is lacking in so many genres...
biggrin.gif

Argh, oyu miss the point yet again. The future lineup of the Xbox has all those things, and the PS2 is mostly sequels and licensed games, and sequels to licensed games.

what are these games you speak of?lets see you come up with at least one game for each genre i mentioned...and it has to be exclusive and not on the PC as well...[/b][/quote]

------------------(Dang glitched quotes)------

Uh,

Roleplaying: Shenmue II

Stratagy: Do you mena like RTS or what?

Fighting: Dead or Alive 3, Kakuto Chojin, Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, and obviously some more non exclusives (like Mortal Kombat).

Shooters: Gunvalkyrie, Gun Metal, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell, many more.

Edited to put hte bolds so it's easier to read.
wink.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:32--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:32)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,12:42

ps2 is a hunk of crap, why would i pay $299 for something that is from sony and doesnt have hardware anti-alaising technology built in? GARBAGE!

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...[/b][/quote]

Yeah, like wonderful PSM and EGM, who compare PS2 shipped numbers to Xbox and GameCube sale numbers.

Didn't you jsut say it's games that matter, then you mention sales again, hmm?

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:26

Actually, PS2 sold worse in it's launch period AFAIK. Who knows if it was because of shortages or what though.

i was talking about the american market...and i was talking about the Xbox and the GCs launch periods...and yes the PS2 would of sold way more than the Xbox at its launch period if more systems would of been available...

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:36--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:36)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:26

i was talking about the american market...and i was talking about the Xbox and the GCs launch periods...and yes the PS2 would of sold way more than the Xbox at its launch period if more systems would of been available...[/b][/quote]

So now you are changing your mind to "if" instead of "it did"?

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,16:35--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,16:35)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:32

<!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta
@June 25 2002,12:42

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...

Yeah, like wonderful PSM and EGM, who compare PS2 shipped numbers to Xbox and GameCube sale numbers.

Didn't you jsut say it's games that matter, then you mention sales again, hmm?[/b][/quote]

exactly...the PS2 has sold more, cause it has better games...

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:32--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:32)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,12:42

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...[/b][/quote]

I was referring to the canadian price. I bought a ps2, returned it the next day because I disliked it to a high degree, I still hate microsoft but I do have to admit they have launched a quality piece of hardware.

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:40--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:40)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:35

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:32

<!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta
@June 25 2002,12:42

Didn't you jsut say it's games that matter, then you mention sales again, hmm?

exactly...the PS2 has sold more, cause it has better games...[/b][/quote]

No, you said that "its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any grount on it..."

You did n't mention anythign about the games making it sell the most. The media is probably what makes it sell the most.

Back