Game Saves collect project

I need a corrupted Backup RAM file so that the game can not initialize it and asked to format it (it is necessary to call such messages in the game itself). Or how can I corrupt the Backup RAM file for this?

Last edited:
Please try by filling start of internal backup memory (from address 0x00180000) with random values : start of backup memory contains "BackUpRam Format" signature and I suppose that it is recognized as corrupted if signature is not set there.
If this doesn't works, please try by settings random value after the signature area (= from 0x00180080), because (if I remember correctly) partition table for each memory blocks is stored there.

Please try by filling start of internal backup memory (from address 0x00180000) with random values : start of backup memory contains "BackUpRam Format" signature and I suppose that it is recognized as corrupted if signature is not set there.
If this doesn't works, please try by settings random value after the signature area (= from 0x00180080), because (if I remember correctly) partition table for each memory blocks is stored there.
Nothing. I filled the blocks with random values from address 180000h to 1800A0h, but did not get the desired effect. At least Yabause does not react to this.

Nothing. I filled the blocks with random values from address 180000h to 1800A0h, but did not get the desired effect. At least Yabause does not react to this.

There two different error codes for corrupted save on Saturn backup library : BUP_UNFORMAT and BUP_BROKEN.
And it seems that corrupting the backup RAM signature throws BUP_UNFORMAT, so if you want to trigger BUP_BROKEN error while reading a save data, modifying save data allocation table and/or save data size should do the job as detailed in the screen copy below :
20181006_bup_broken.png

Here is the save data file used for testing : http://ppcenter.webou.net/divers/20181006_bup_broken_bkram.7z
Acecssing the KAKYUSEI__2 file throws a BUP_BROKEN error code.

Thank you, but in this case in the game I get a standard warning about the lack of free space. But I need the remaining two messages about the need to format memory cards (internal and external).

Thank you, but in this case in the game I get a standard warning about the lack of free space. But I need the remaining two messages about the need to format memory cards (internal and external).

My previous post was just to show how to trigger this BUP_BROKEN error. Which game needs theses corrupted save files ? And if possible, can you provide a working save file for it ?
If you provide theses informations, I would gladly corrupt the save files :)

My previous post was just to show how to trigger this BUP_BROKEN error. Which game needs theses corrupted save files ? And if possible, can you provide a working save file for it ?
If you provide theses informations, I would gladly corrupt the save files :)
Ok, here a save file for game Device Reign.

Attachments

• Save.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 234
I changed the save data size and allocation table are set to nonsense values, so it should trigger an error when reading.

It may take one day or two before I can test with the game, so if you are faster please keep me informed if it works or not.

Attachments

• Save_corrupted.7z
    1.7 KB · Views: 246
I changed the save data size and allocation table are set to nonsense values, so it should trigger an error when reading.

It may take one day or two before I can test with the game, so if you are faster please keep me informed if it works or not.
Yes, the message about formatting the internal RAM is displayed, but only if you start the game on the SSF. For some reason this does not happen on the Yabause emulator - the game starts without any warnings. In this regard, I can not debug it.

Yes, the message about formatting the internal RAM is displayed, but only if you start the game on the SSF. For some reason this does not happen on the Yabause emulator - the game starts without any warnings. In this regard, I can not debug it.

I tried here too, but I only get a black screen on startup; I'm using a slightly modified version of yabause, which have probably worse compatibility than vanilla version however.
Maybe you could try with forks of yabause (example : Kronos or Yaba Sanshiro), but since they usually don't memory editor or disassembler I guess theses are similar as SSF = "meh, what am I supposed to do with that ?" ...

I tried here too, but I only get a black screen on startup; I'm using a slightly modified version of yabause, which have probably worse compatibility than vanilla version however.
Maybe you could try with forks of yabause (example : Kronos or Yaba Sanshiro), but since they usually don't memory editor or disassembler I guess theses are similar as SSF = "meh, what am I supposed to do with that ?" ...
So, by comparing the memory dumps of the SSF emulators and Yabause, I found the values that are responsible for warning messages. I solved this problem. Thanks for the help.

Thank you for the information !
Is it possible to add these saves in Save Data Manager ? Adding the saves there will make them available for everyone by using "Save Data Import" feature in SDM.

Thank you for the information !
Is it possible to add these saves in Save Data Manager ? Adding the saves there will make them available for everyone by using "Save Data Import" feature in SDM.
yes you can add these saves to the SDM, i can't say how good they were.

Back