• Rise from your gwave!

Help a fellow foumer...

Discussion in 'General' started by Curtis, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Curtis

Curtis Member

Hi all,

Following the release of the excellent Divx 5.0 codec, I had a rush of blood to the head and foolishly deleted all my copies of the older (4.x) codecs.

I would be really greatful if someone would email me his or her copy of the 4.12 codec installer.

Cheers.

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

3. Curtis

Curtis Member

Nope, unfortunately every site seems to have updated to only carry 5.0 :(. Thanks anyway.

4. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

try kazaa, but be warned, they've pumped that program so full of spyware it isnt funny.

5. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Click on mirror 2 at this DivX Digest page

6. Curtis

Curtis Member

Hey thanks, dude! I'd forgotten to check Divx Digest.

Muchly appreciated :)

7. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

I would just like to point out that divx 5 sucks, even with an amd processor.

8. JCTango

JCTango New Member

why does it suck?

I was about to install the codec! Tell me why it sux!

Curious: Is the processing time slower than that of divx 3.11? Any asynch issues? Any colour issues? (I know divx 4.0 had probs with the colour GREEN for me)

(Edited by JCTango at 10:03 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

9. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

I tried about 5 different encodes with it messing with bunches of settings and it output color garbage, and it wasnt that much faster of an encode either, only 2-3 frames faster, not worth it, stick with 4.12 for encoding until they fix it.

10. JCTango

JCTango New Member

#### be-atches! Kay. Thanks Skankin'

I think I'll stick with 3.11 till i c something better.

11. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

4.12 is pretty good, worth the upgrade from 3.11, has good VBR support too, mess with both of those and see which you prefer.