Resident Evil 2 Movie...

Last night, I watched Resident Evil 2 the Movie on DVD, at a friend’s house.

I’ve never really gotten into any of the games & only seen the ending of RE2 on the PS-1, when a friend completed it or me.

But Man, that was one hell of a crap movie!

It was even worse than the previous one!

Luckily I didn’t pay to watch either of them…

A very laughable experience indeed. :thumbs-up:

It’s surprising that the Action Movie industry is still alive, with all these retarded excuses of films being released every year.

Last summer I watched “Dawn of The Dead” at the Cinema, which I quite enjoyed. But how good is House of the Dead & that other zombie film that came out 2-3 months ago? (Can’t remember the title, I think it was: ““-------” of the dead.”

Or something similar.

Actually, I think it was "Land of the Dead". I watched some trailers of this zombie movie 2-3 months ago, but I thought it was all ready out 1 month ago.

Is Land of the Dead any goood?

Now about RE...

What was that Nemesis guy supposed to be in the RE3 game?

Was he a mutated Zombie?

What was his mission in the game & who created him?

Does he also attack the zombies in the RE3 game, or just you?

I would imagine he has nothing to do with the guy in the RE2 movie I saw yesterday...

No one really knows who the hell Nemesis is, there have been all kinds of lame theories on that point. He's just a biological weapon like the Tyrants or 'Mr. X' from RE2. He was created by Umbrella (obviously), and his mission is to hunt down and kill the remaining STARS members.

Is Nemesis the Final Game Boss of RE3?

Judging by the film & by the looks of the Game front cover, he seems to be one mighty freckle kicking dude.

Do you kill him in the end, or does he reappear in RE4?

Back in 1997 my mate showed me the ending of RE2...

The huge, uncontrollable, speeding locomotive & that gigantic mutated worm thing that would re-spawn every time it was blown up.

I've also seen the intro of RE1, with the abominable dogs of chaos, chasing you across the fields & the spooky mansion where you flee for safety.

There was a funny part in RE3 where a guy locks himself up in a huge metal container & refuses to follow you outside, but when you return after some time, you find him eaten up!

These are the types of games that I would rather watch than play.

I, for one, liked RE:A. It wasn't suppossed to be the Citizen Kane of horror films, it was just meant as a popcorn action-horror flick.

If you actualy liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, you seriously need to watch the original. Land of the Dead was the 4th in the original series from George Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and now Land of the Dead). LotD wasn't the best in the series, but it was still far and away better than any of the remakes or spin-offs (except maybe Shaun of the Dead). Romero also wrote a comic series called Toe Tags, which takes place in his Dead universe, around the time-frame of LotD, and deals with some of the zombie-evolution issues that couldn't be addressed in the movie.

House of the Dead... Ugh... Avoid this one at all costs. Despite being "based on" the SEGA game, it really has nothing to do with the game other than the title. It is bad by bad-B-movie standards. Soap-operas have better acting. I've seen movies made for less than $40k with better FX. It makes crap like Monster Island with Carmen Electra look Oscar-worthy.

I've heard that in RE3 if you play the game hardcore, you kill Nemesis 90 times!

WTF?

Does he re-generate all the time?

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Mon, 2005-10-03 @ 02:20 AM

I, for one, liked RE:A.  It wasn't suppossed to be the Citizen Kane of horror films, it was just meant as a popcorn action-horror flick.

If you actualy liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, you seriously need to watch the original.  Land of the Dead was the 4th in the original series from George Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and now Land of the Dead).  LotD wasn't the best in the series, but it was still far and away better than any of the remakes or spin-offs (except maybe Shaun of the Dead).  Romero also wrote a comic series called Toe Tags, which takes place in his Dead universe, around the time-frame of LotD, and deals with some of the zombie-evolution issues that couldn't be addressed in the movie.

House of the Dead...  Ugh...  Avoid this one at all costs.  Despite being "based on" the SEGA game, it really has nothing to do with the game other than the title.  It is bad by bad-B-movie standards.  Soap-operas have better acting.  I've seen movies made for less than $40k with better FX.  It makes crap like Monster Island with Carmen Electra look Oscar-worthy.

[post=140192]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with everything Vertigo says here.

What do you expect from an Paul Anderson script? He rarely can make his scripts shine (maybe... only maybe did he make Event Horizon shine a little). But despite his scripts sucking, they always are great popcorn movies. Anyways, it was an RE film! The games are melodramatic soap opera games with some gore tossed in. Nothing scary, nothing breathe taking, just eh and oh I get to see dead things blow up! The same should be expected from it's movies.

Now a movie I actually expect something of high calibur in the horror section I fear is going to fail is "Silent Hill". All those games are scary, creepy and make you jump a LOT. I walked right through RE with out a wince... Silent Hill usually required a friend along or atleast all the lights on in the entire house. I hope the movie does the same. If not it will be a shaim.

[EDIT] I forgot to say, the guy who did "Brotherhood of the Wolf" is the one who wrote and is directing SH the Movie... this raises a brow for me. Brotherhood was an amazing movie. Also the outline of the plot seems to play nicely into the who'll SH world... unlike the RE one. Excited is my pee in pants kinda stuff...

Nemesis is the final boss of RE3, he is not in RE2 at all or any other RE game for that matter(except he might be in one of the gun survior games but I dont really count them) .

He shows up many times in RE3, you dont really kill him when you meet up with him its more like you stun him temporailly.

Personally I would have prefered a film based on William from RE2

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Mon, 2005-10-03 @ 08:20 AM

I, for one, liked RE:A. It wasn't suppossed to be the Citizen Kane of horror films, it was just meant as a popcorn action-horror flick.

If you actualy liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, you seriously need to watch the original. Land of the Dead was the 4th in the original series from George Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and now Land of the Dead). LotD wasn't the best in the series, but it was still far and away better than any of the remakes or spin-offs (except maybe Shaun of the Dead). Romero also wrote a comic series called Toe Tags, which takes place in his Dead universe, around the time-frame of LotD, and deals with some of the zombie-evolution issues that couldn't be addressed in the movie

WTF?

I've heard there was actually an intelligent zombie in Land of The Dead, which had its own plot going on in its head.

Sounds interesting... That's something you don't see every day in a zombie movie.

What's this "Dead universe" you're referring to? Is it the earth after everybody has been turned into zombies?

And what's with that "zombie-evolution issues" that couldn't be addressed in the movie?

They actually evolved?

Sounds spooky!

Yep. I haven't seen LoTD yet, but if you watch Day of the Dead, they actually have a zombie that they're experimenting on, trying to teach him not to eat people and to show a little intelligence. Of course, they don't get a chance to finish the experiment...

Originally posted by ST Dragon@Mon, 2005-10-03 @ 05:33 PM

WTF?

I've heard there was actually an intelligent zombie in Land of The Dead, which had its own plot going on in its head.

Sounds interesting... That's something you don't see every day in a zombie movie.

What's this "Dead universe" you're referring to? Is it the earth after everybody has been turned into zombies?

And what's with that "zombie-evolution issues" that couldn't be addressed in the movie?

They actually evolved?

Sounds spooky!

[post=140223]Quoted post[/post]​

The "Dead Universe" is like the "Star-Trek Universe" or "Sonic Universe"... and imaginary fictional world that is described through the multiple stories/movie/shows/games that envelope the series. The "Dead Universe" is just Romero's series of "*****" of the Dead series. Yes and despite some of the corniness in the series the movies are all very fun to watch and if you like zombie films at all you MUST see LotD. It was a damn fun movie to watch and I hope they continue on even further with the series as I would love to see even more of the series. I have read very little of the "toe tag" comics at my friends house... I should pick that up again.

So if I get this right, the series goes:

1. Night of the Living Dead

2. Dawn of the Dead ( ...And its evil 2004 remake)

3. Day of the Dead

4. Land of the Dead

Chronologically, what year was each one released?

Sorry but I'm confused now... the "intelligent" zombie which has its own plot is in LOTD or is it in Day of the Dead?

Wow.. on a side note...

The perfect villain for the next RE game should be this guy:

I've heard his noise n' stuff were falling off at a concert some time ago.

It’s kind of ironic how he predicted his own future, in the 80's video clip with the Zombies.

:mrgreen:

34663osip_w.jpg

Brotherhood of the Wolf was brilliant, and sets the right pacing and tone for Silent Hill. But remember, even the most brilliant director can put out a real POS everynowandthen.

ToeTags kinda explained where an intelligent zombie comes from. Not a taught one, but one who can think and speak as if still alive. It also firmly shows that humans aren't the only ones who become the Living Dead, other animals are affected the same way.

Back